OtakuBoards

My Comic Characters

Shy

[color=#808080]Wow...very bizarre.

I really like the variety here. And you've got quite a good variety of expressions on the characters' faces too, which is obviously really important for comic-type characters.

My favourite is the guy in the middle, with the big robot. lol [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]Wow...very bizarre.

I really like the variety here. And you've got quite a good variety of expressions on the characters' faces too, which is obviously really important for comic-type characters.

My favourite is the guy in the middle, with the big robot. lol [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]"Bizarre," Hmm. I'll take that as a compliment. Some of them are based off of people I know in real life, others are parodies of things from popular culture, and some are completely original.

The character with the big robot is Omar. He is a friend of mine in real life, and for some reason his comic character is incredibly easy to draw and write for. There are a couple of different versions of Omar scattered throughout the drawing. See if you can find them all!

Heh, this is turning into one of those coloring book activities.

-Shy[/size]

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Shy, these are great, lol. I'm with Sar; you don't know how long I stared at this thing. So much variety, I love it.

The guy in the top left corner looks like Elton John, or, I guess he reminds me of him; those glasses and all. They remind of my Doug, too. I still remember that cartoon, hm.

I really like it. Omar does have to be the coolest character ever. Who wouldn't say so?

It'd be cool if you'd also post some of your comics. :)[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJeh [/i]
[B][size=1]I like the Omar-in-the-robot best too. He looks so.. emotionally driven, lol.

This are teh coolies.[/b]

*came into thread wondering if Shy meant friends for Bosko*
>.>[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Heh, I like Omar too. He's not my favorite character, but other people seem to enjoy him the most. No, Bosko has lots of friends on his own. He doesn't need my help.

Sar/Mitch: I have never realy noticed that they look like characters from [i]Doug.[/i] I grew up on the show, so it was definitely one of my many influences.

Ginny: Yes, I'll draw you the duck.

-Shy[/size]

Now that I think of it, yeah, they [i]do[/i] remind me of "Doug", again with the eyeballs and the eyebrows (that is still the best part of ALL of them!).

I spy, with my little eye, some guy that went to DisneyWorld. And a bunny! OOOOO, BUNNY!

*calmly* I await the duck, Shy. :D

[size=1][color=firebrick] Wow, stunning. There is alot of variety there. I especially like the guy at the top right, who wears that cross, he looks like he's some kind of preacher in the middle of a fiery praise speech. very well done.

I like the duck, it looks like a very angry, psychotic duck heh.

And the Bart simpson guy, he has bart's hair, on the left side. Omar's cool as well.

There are som many :D I'd love to critique them all, but I'd be here forever and a time. :bluesweat

Once again. Very, very good work. [/size][/color]