Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]Um, yeah. Some of you may know that I have been draewing comics as a hobby for the past 8 years. These are some of my characters. Comment and critique.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
As I told you before, I love this to death. I really hope you show more of this... Omar is obviously the best character ever.

The big version is probably the best wallpaper I've ever had.
Posted
[color=#808080]Wow...very bizarre.

I really like the variety here. And you've got quite a good variety of expressions on the characters' faces too, which is obviously really important for comic-type characters.

My favourite is the guy in the middle, with the big robot. lol [/color]
Posted
[size=1]Nee hee. You have no idea how long I stared at that when I got it. ^_~

Some of them really remind me of that cartoon [i]Doug[/i]. Dunno if I've told you that before, heh.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]Wow...very bizarre.

I really like the variety here. And you've got quite a good variety of expressions on the characters' faces too, which is obviously really important for comic-type characters.

My favourite is the guy in the middle, with the big robot. lol [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]"Bizarre," Hmm. I'll take that as a compliment. Some of them are based off of people I know in real life, others are parodies of things from popular culture, and some are completely original.

The character with the big robot is Omar. He is a friend of mine in real life, and for some reason his comic character is incredibly easy to draw and write for. There are a couple of different versions of Omar scattered throughout the drawing. See if you can find them all!

Heh, this is turning into one of those coloring book activities.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] Shy, these are great, lol. I'm with Sar; you don't know how long I stared at this thing. So much variety, I love it.

The guy in the top left corner looks like Elton John, or, I guess he reminds me of him; those glasses and all. They remind of my Doug, too. I still remember that cartoon, hm.

I really like it. Omar does have to be the coolest character ever. Who wouldn't say so?

It'd be cool if you'd also post some of your comics. :)[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wow! ^_^
That's awesome! I absolutely love the whole collage-ness of it.

My favorite is probably the snowman. ^^;

10/10.[/color] [/size]
Posted
*runs around screaming "eyeballs!"*

That's the best part of all of them. Seriously. I love the oval eyes, the line eyebrows. Bwee [i]hee![/i]

And the duck is my fav. Don't ask why. Draw me the duck, please?
Posted
[b][size=1]
I never knew you made comics ¬.¬
But then, I don't know you that well Shy, lol.

I like the Omar-in-the-robot best too. He looks so.. emotionally driven, lol.

This are teh coolies.[/b]

*came into thread wondering if Shy meant friends for Bosko*
>.>[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJeh [/i]
[B][size=1]I like the Omar-in-the-robot best too. He looks so.. emotionally driven, lol.

This are teh coolies.[/b]

*came into thread wondering if Shy meant friends for Bosko*
>.>[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Heh, I like Omar too. He's not my favorite character, but other people seem to enjoy him the most. No, Bosko has lots of friends on his own. He doesn't need my help.

Sar/Mitch: I have never realy noticed that they look like characters from [i]Doug.[/i] I grew up on the show, so it was definitely one of my many influences.

Ginny: Yes, I'll draw you the duck.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Wow, Shy! They are amazing man! Like Sara said, it reminds me of Doug or Dilbert. I love them, man, are you gonna post up some of the actual comic strips? I would love that ^_^.
Posted
Now that I think of it, yeah, they [i]do[/i] remind me of "Doug", again with the eyeballs and the eyebrows (that is still the best part of ALL of them!).

I spy, with my little eye, some guy that went to DisneyWorld. And a bunny! OOOOO, BUNNY!

*calmly* I await the duck, Shy. :D
Posted
[size=1][color=firebrick] Wow, stunning. There is alot of variety there. I especially like the guy at the top right, who wears that cross, he looks like he's some kind of preacher in the middle of a fiery praise speech. very well done.

I like the duck, it looks like a very angry, psychotic duck heh.

And the Bart simpson guy, he has bart's hair, on the left side. Omar's cool as well.

There are som many :D I'd love to critique them all, but I'd be here forever and a time. :bluesweat

Once again. Very, very good work. [/size][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...