OtakuBoards

I cant believe u havent done it yet

Guest Voodookanaka

Guest Voodookanaka
THere really should be an agony aunts section, i look along the general forum and the amount of people moanin bout lives (disturbingly high) anyway, im tired i just think there should be a section for this.

[b][size=1]VOODOO! Ahem..

I suppose I agree in a way, but what would we call it? Depression forum? I think the threads should just stay in Otaku Lounge. Anyway, like Sara said, it's better than it was a few months ago.[/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elite [/i]
[b][size=1]Depression forum?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

heh.. that'd be both funny (to see) and disturbing (that it's needed) at the same time..

I kind of agree that something should be done.. but at the same time I know I for one wouldn't go in there, for fear of being depressed by the subject matter (hence if others feel the same no-one would get any help other than from people in the same situation).. so I think at the same time it's better not to do that..

[color=#808080]If depressing threads worry you, don't read them. It's as simple as that.

And if you're annoyed by depressing threads, counter them with your own positive threads. That's the beauty of OtakuBoards; you have a choice.[/color]

Maybe not so much a Depression forum, so much as a place to help with that.

The only downside is that, being the online community that we are, some people will simply milk it for what it's worth. Not abusing the posting ability so much as making themselves some sort of pity case/drama queen-king. (Not everyone does that, but some do. Personal experience.)

Then again, there [i]are[/i] already online support groups for depression.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]It's better lately than it was a few months ago.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

THANK GOD! I remember that.

Anyway, I really don't think that'd do much for the boards, there are all ready whole boards for that... So..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]A smart man told me this. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oooh, my ears are burning! lol :blush:

Yes, indeed. When it's cold outside and the clouds are gray, people like to sulk all day. Last year, the lounge suffered from similarly depressing threads, but as the weather broke, so did the depression.

I just have to ask, though. Why on earth would we [i]want[/i] a depression forum? Wouldn't that make the boards as a whole, more depressing?

An anime and gaming board is fun to visit because it's lighthearted. I don't see why we'd want to tarnish that kind of environment by actually [i]encouraging[/i] those kind of threads. It just wouldn't be a fun place anymore. If anything, people should visit here to forget about their problems.

Sure, it's okay to lean on friends when necessary, but creating a forum dedicated to misery really contradicts what this place is about.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Just make it philosophy. Depression always get into "what's the point of (insert random entity here" anyway, so why not put it in a forum that is at least constructive?

Ulterior motive? Me? Certainly not... Just because I've stood by the idea that we need a philosphy forum..[/font][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]If depressing threads worry you, don't read them. It's as simple as that.

And if you're annoyed by depressing threads, counter them with your own positive threads. That's the beauty of OtakuBoards; you have a choice.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[quote]Sure, it's okay to lean on friends when necessary, but creating a forum dedicated to misery really contradicts what this place is about. [/QUOTE]

[size=1][font=rockwell][color=black] Smart people told me these things.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Like James said, I have been trying to counter with more positive threads. But I think all depressing threads should be merged into one and let the ones who are really sympathetic help them. Or they can all help each other! Heh, but it does not matter to me.

Yes, Sara, it IS a whole lot better, isn't it?[/color][/size]

[QUOTE] [b][u]Otaku Lounge[/b][/u]
Take a seat, a warm cup of coffee and discuss off-topic stuff right here. Remember to keep to the rules.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkblue] It really doesn't matter [i]that[/i] much, Otaku Loung eis where you can go to discuss anything you want, so long as it abides by the rules, be it depressing or funny or factual. [/size][/color]