OtakuBoards

American Idol....Clay Aiken should WIN!

Queen Asuka

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all my votes with Ruben still. I think he can sing really well however I do like Clay too. ( I always vote twice 1 for Ruben and 1 for Clay). I really don`t care about Kimberly though.(By the way I think everyone sings 10 times better than Kelly Clarkson)

Clay looked funny before his make over though with his glaases and red hair. I kind of miss his red hair though.

My favorite idols are Keith(The guy that sung "Like a Virgin) and the guy from New York with the cut up pants.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, it's finally down to the last two. And I knew it would end up this way: Clay v Ruben. Kimberly was a very good singer, but she just couldn't stand up to the both of them.

So now, who do you prospect to win? I think Ruben has a very good chance, even though I am definately rooting for Clay. He definately has the entire population of teenage girls behind him. Let's just hope that's enough to help him win! ^_^ Like he needs it anyway...[/color][/size]

Okay, now I know who to vote for. Clay. After Tuesday's performances, I thought he should be the one to win. Although I don't think he sung that song '"Vincent"(was that what is called?) all that well in my opinion, his second and third songs made up for his first. I liked his second song the most. It was pretty dang good.

I don't watch this stuff... but I left the TV on and this horrible "news" program known as the Pulse came on. They talked about this and I'm sorry, but Clay looks like a goon. He is too much of a dork. I love dorks, and I am one... but this guy is a bit past the line.

I think Ruben was the best of the three personally. I'd really like to see him go through to the end.

It's kind of nice that none of the final three really are there because of looks or anything (I don't think any of them are really that amazing looking in any respect lol), it mostly seems based on the voices... something I didn't really expect from the show much.

I could be so off though. I am basing this on a 10 minute news blurb :D. Maybe I should just listen to Semjaza the Second and be quiet....

Asuka Clay has no one here in GA! It is all ruben all the way! He will win becuase almost every balck person in America is vtoing for him. And people here are predjce about gya people.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JJRiddler [/i]
[B]Asuka Clay has no one here in GA! It is all ruben all the way! He will win becuase almost every balck person in America is vtoing for him. And people here are predjce about gya people. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ermmm, did you just say that Clay is a gay person? He's not gay, even though he goes to the YMCA, he's not. I'm sure not all the people in the area you live aren't prejudice against Gay people. ( hopefully this post won't change the whole topic into a discussion of Homosexuality. )

Guest iceghost
I really hate Clay he looks like a ermmm well he looks kind of gay. Reminds me to much of justing timberlake

[color=darkblue]Well, I think Clay looks like a deformed alien. Ruben looks like a teddy bear, a not so very cute teddy bear, and all I have to say is that...KIMBERLY LOCKE WAS WRONGED!

-Logan[/color]

[color=darkblue]P.S. Being prejudice against anybody isn't smart. You can be arrested for certain things, you know. And if you're prejudice against anybody, you're no friend of mine, JJRiddler. (Which means you're out of my RPG)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by iceghost [/i]
[B]I really hate Clay he looks like a ermmm well he looks kind of gay. Reminds me to much of justing timberlake [/B][/QUOTE]
Looks can be decieving. ;) Besides, we're not judging on looks, we are judging on how well they sing. And from that point, I think Clay has the best voice, honestly.

I'm very happy with how this competition turned out.

The two very best have made it to the end, with barely any public vote seperating them. It's something like two percent, if I remember correctly.

Basically, I could care less who wins. I like them both a lot and appreciate their styles. And to be honest, it's refreshing that the contest wasn't centered around physical appearance. They could have easily been biased towards who looks the best rather than who sings the best.

I have a feeling that the winner will be Clay, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ruben win at all. I wish it could be both.

What a fun show. I'm glad I actually gave it a chance and started watching it every now and then.

[B]I really hate Clay he looks like a ermmm well he looks kind of gay. Reminds me to much of justing timberlake [/B][/QUOTE]

lol I'm glad some people judge a SINGING contest on how someone "looks." You're absolutely pathetic. And I'm not judging that on how you look.

Clay sings better. I never really thought Ruben sang all that well to begin with and I've liked Clay ever sense he auditioned. I'm glad he made it this far, he's been my choice since the beginning.

Ruben went from the top down. He was in the bottom two a few weeks ago wasn't he? After people realized how well Clay sings compared to the meaningless hype around Ruben, they began to make sense.

And for God's sake people. Who cares if Clay is gay or not. None of you know. So you all should just shut your mouth. It makes you almost as pathetic as the idiot I quoted above.

Guest iceghost
*sigh* You call me pathetic? I suppose one cannot state their personal opinion anymore without being steriotyped "pathetic" by some fool who sits at home all day to look at forums. You may not notice it but by steriotyping people you yourself are indeed being how you call "pathetic". I will state my opinion no matter what crap you want to say. Hmm maybe next time you will hit me with a "your a pathetic fooool". No matter. I could say things right now.....but seeing your a mod I will hold back.

Man if Clay wins i will seriously be pissed. I hate that guy and he does act kinda gay (i know some people think he isnt gay but from what ive seen i would be freaked if i met him in a dark alley or whatever) and cries over everything. LoL like all Simon and the others have to do after he sings is say the first letter in his name and he'll start crying. I think Ruben should win, he isnt exactly what we would call good in apperance but would be a great recording artist. Plus he would be also perfect in so many movies if they needed like a father role he seems to fit in that catagory as well.

But since it comes down to these three i wanted the Marine to win since he actually showed what an American idol is. He isnt over weight, doesnt cry every 2 seconds, and doesnt change the way he looks ( like Kimberly does). To bad he didnt stay on he had a great voice just got choosen bad songs.

I don't see what there is to hold back, mod or otherwise. The main complaints I've seen against Clay in here are all based on his being "gay" based on some moronic perception about how gay guys should act. How could that opinion possibly be defended in any intelligent manner?

[B]*sigh* You call me pathetic? I suppose one cannot state their personal opinion anymore without being steriotyped "pathetic" by some fool who sits at home all day to look at forums. You may not notice it but by steriotyping people you yourself are indeed being how you call "pathetic". I will state my opinion no matter what crap you want to say. Hmm maybe next time you will hit me with a "your a pathetic fooool". No matter. I could say things right now.....but seeing your a mod I will hold back. [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't hold back because i'm a Mod... I have no power over you, I don't even mod this forum. You can state your opinion all you want, and I will state mine... Semjaza is absolutely right. You and several other people here seem to have some weird conception that Clay is gay (not that you would know or anything. I'm sure you and Clay know everything about each other and he tells you all about his life) and that because, and if, he is gay, thats the only reason you don't like him. Even if he is gay, whoopty doo. Tell me, oh intelligent smart person, what the F*CK does being gay have to do with how well you sing? Oh thats right nothing. Which only prooves how pathetic you are for judging a person in a SINGING contest on how they act or what their lifestyle is. GROW UP loser. My 2 year old neice has better sense then you. Now please tell me how pathetic, or moronic, or whatever you want to say. Cause you can say whatever you want about me. You have no basis though. I have all the basis I need, and all the proof I need already lying in this very topic. Go ahead. Call me a f@ggot, call me an idiot, call me a loser. You're not helping yourself any. I'm not afraid of your puny insolent words.

The whole point here is: DOn't use the Red Herring technique. And since you probably don't know what the Red Herring technique is, it's when you focus on a completely irrelevent issue in order to sway opinions. Like I said; Being gay has what to do with how well you sing? When you can answer that question, then and only then will you have any argument here. You're just slipping on ice right now. You have no basis for disliking someones ability to sing other than some irrelevant issue of your own prejudice weak mind. And that is the truth.

You should not judge people less ye be judged. And you judged Clay, so I judged you. Now judge away

It doesn't matter anyway, Clay is going to win. Clay will have more money then any of you and me. C;ay will be living the good life while you all sit at home mumbling how big a queer he is while he spend the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars that you can only dream of.

PS: I don't sit and look at the forums all day. In fact I'm pretty positive I make more money, drive a better car, and have a better house than you. Ofcourse all that doesn't apply to you because you're how old? Ten? At least that's the impression I get from reading your posts.

Right now don`t care who wins. My favorites are in the top 2. My mother`s friend who is somewhat racist thinks that Ruben should win because she said Clay could get a job any time. My thoughts are diffrent though. I am just happy the best two are left.

Reverse-racism is the 2nd worse kind. "I think the black guy should be treated extra nice just because he could never do any better." It's sickening, really.

Iceghost, as the actual mod of this forum, I have to tell you that such comments are not welcome here. They are biased and ignorant and, as it's been said several times before, it has nothing to do with how well one sings. You're one to talk about stereotypes...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B] Tell me, oh intelligent smart person, what the F*CK does being gay have to do with how well you sing?[/B][/QUOTE]

True being gay or not doesnt have an affect on being a good singer or not, but i think it does for an [U]American Idol[/U]. I mean im not exacly sure if he's gay or not and from the assumption of a lot of people that ive talked too or heard about the subject, i just dont think it would look good to have him as an American Idol. Sry i know some people would not agree with me, but i would just rather have Ruben or Kimberly win because i think they would make a better American idol. And even if Clay does or doesnt win, its not going to matter cause hes going to go places no matter what because of his talent.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]True being gay or not doesnt have an affect on being a good singer or not, but i think it does for an [U]American Idol[/U]. I mean im not exacly sure if he's gay or not and from the assumption of a lot of people that ive talked too or heard about the subject, i just dont think it would look good to have him as an American Idol. Sry i know some people would not agree with me, but i would just rather have Ruben or Kimberly win because i think they would make a better American idol. And even if Clay does or doesnt win, its not going to matter cause hes going to go places no matter what because of his talent. [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]You make it sound like Ruben and Kimberly hetereosexuality is somehow preventing them from winning the competition. Odd.

Anyway, I find Clay to be incredibly annoying. He always does these strange facial expressions, and seems to be an extremely phony and superficial person. On last week's show he visited a hospital for the mentally impaired to "help out," and attended a huge family BBQ with about 100 people. It seems like he does these sorts of things to make people like him more, while Ruben is much more down-to-Earth and relatable.

As far as singing ability goes, I think that Ruben is more talented and has more potential to become a mainstream music star. Clay is way too flamboyant to ever become more than a Pop star. Ruben really has the potential to become a major music star. I hope thta he wins.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]You make it sound like Ruben and Kimberly hetereosexuality is somehow preventing them from winning the competition. Odd.

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Man im seriously getting pissed from how people do not know how to read peoples replys correctly. Where in there did i say Ruban and Kimberly's [U]hetereosexuality[/U] will [U]prevent[/U] them from winning. I was saying that Clay possibly being gay would prevent him from becoming an Amercian idol. LoL how does that then mean Ruben and Kim's heterosexuality (not meaning that Clay is gay) would prevent them from winning. I mean what to i have to do draw funny arrows pointing to the things i say. I mean this has already happen to me twice and from, whom let me see, both were moderators. I seriously give up man i dont know what to do. I spend like an hour on this thing tops each day and it pisses me off to see that people dont know how to fully read a thread a couples of times to know what people are talking about.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]Reverse-racism is the 2nd worse kind. "I think the black guy should be treated extra nice just because he could never do any better." It's sickening, really.[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=orangered]I think all racism is bad though, it`s so stupid. Now to stay on topic(for me) , I can`t wait to see tonights competition. I am getting so excitied., it wouldn`t matter really who wins now because they will both be getting some where I mean look at last seasons top 3. Who knows, Clay, Ruben, and Kimberly may be making their own movie next year.[/COLOR]