OtakuBoards

American Idol....Clay Aiken should WIN!

Queen Asuka

[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, this thread has really picked up some heat. Heh...Transtic, I totally agree with you about the Clay thing. It doesn't matter if he's gay or not (which I don't think he is...), he still has tremendous talent. And even if he doesn't win, I know he'll get a deal. I would pay for his CD because I enjoy hearing his voice so much. There are too many others out there with Ruben's style. So yes, I love Clay.

And how can you say that no one in Georgia has Clay's back? I live in Georgia and I know PLENTY of folks who are Pro-Clay. So yes, don't make such a large assumption. :toothy:

And ALSO, whoever said that Clay always cries, I have never seen him cry, not ONCE, and I always watch the show. He seems afraid, but I think that's because he's not confident enough. Of course, that has changed now. And I hate it how people look at him and think he's gay just because he's not the most attractive person in the world. In reality, most gay guys are BEAUTIFUL. *Stares longingly at Shyness and Transtic* So there.

And Semjaza the Former, you should listen to me. And Clay's not a dork. He may look like one, but he has TREMDOUS talent. Just listen to him sing one good time, and then you will know. ^_^

*EDIT!!!!!!* OH YES! I forgot something else I wanted to add. Joshua was not suited to be the American Idol. He couldn't sing and didn't have all that much talent. The only reason that he stayed on there so long is because he was a Marine and supposedly was some sort of "hero." Well, that, as well as Clay's possiblity of being gay, has NOTHING to do with talent. And that was something that Josh was definately lacking.

And Clay would be perfect for an American Idol. He has lots of talent and he's not the best looking of the bunch. And he winks alot. ^_^; He's a nice guy. I really hope he wins.[/color][/size]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'll listen to you. I'm surprised you read that post way up there :p

He seems more like a [i]dork[/i] than a dork (which is a different thing!), but perhaps I'm wrong lol. I've honestly not seen him sing alone... The thing on TV was about Kimberly, and they only showed her and Ruben sing. Clay sung with them at the same time, so I couldn't really hear him.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Clay reminds me more of someone who should sing on Broadway. He just has this UNIQUE voice. Talent like Ruben and Kimberly can be heard on any R&B station, but hearing someone sing like Clay is very rare. He's amazing.

I love being Semjaza the Second. :)[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]And Clay would be perfect for an American Idol. He has lots of talent and he's not the best looking of the bunch. And he winks alot. ^_^; He's a nice guy. I really hope he wins.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well i want to start off by stating what the word idol means in this case:

Idol - an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept

If so then an American idol is someone who acts like the average American citizen and has the same qualities of an average american. Also others that idol someone or say "your my idol" means they ador him/her for their qualities. But for this case as an American idol it goes more by the first statement.

Im sry but i dont think his style would make a good American Idol i mean yes he's talented and is better looking than Ruben, but i just dont think he has the attitudes that most Americans have like Ruben does. Ruben is very nice and is a great role model for children and like most American's probably has a pretty pissed off side if you aggravate enough. Plus like a lot of Americans out there Ruben doesnt have the greatest physical appearance and i think someone of his qualities would be perfect for an American idol. Clay does work with specialized children which i think is great since i have worked at many hospitals for specialized children myself (its a really good thing to do i recommend it to people since it shows these children that someone really cares about them), but Clay doesnt seem like he would get pissed off over anything and is probably better looking then most Americans. If i want someone to be an American Idol i want them to be pretty much your average everyday type of person and i just feel that Ruben is more of that type of person. I know Clay will go places in the music industy and with his talent he can also do singing to some songs in movies as well, but i just dont think he is the American idol. Of course Tori i think you have really good points of why you think Clay should be the next American Idol, but i personally think Ruben is a little better.

Plus i heard they both want to make a movie together like Kelly and the other guy that were the final two last season did, and i think for something like that they are the perfect ones out of the whole 2nd season to make a movie. Well anyway im done for today bye.

I understand how you preceive the meaning of Idol, but thats not what it means in this case. If you wanted to make that point, you would point out that the show American Idol is run by a BRIT!

The original name of the show is Pop Idol in Britain. They didn't call it English Idol or British Idol or whatever. He couldn't name the American show Pop Idol cause it was already done. Idol in this case is not pretaining to American culture, it's pretaining to musical culture, where being gay has no meaning. Idol doesn't mean the actual deffinition in this case, it's just using a phrase fromt he original Pop Idol.

Plus, what is an Idol and who decides what an Idol should have? One would think the president would be an Idol... yet, our current one is a complete dumbass, our previous one couldn't keep his dick in his pants... some idols eh? There's no such thing as a true idol, it's all baised and prejudice based from person to person.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]**** it im done with this stupid *** place. Ill make my last comments in here. The reason why they didnt call it British Idol was ****en because that was the only place that even had the show. They probably just named it Pop Idol just for the hell of it. When he started the show in Britain he probably didnt even friggen consider about making the show in another country and i bet if he was given the chance he probably would have named it British Idol. Also I bet if it orginated in some other country and then came to Britain it probably would have been called British Idol or something with like that as well. And to say how idol is not pertaining to the American culture, LMAO, i dont see Japanese or Chinese people calling in to Vote for the American idol. I mean how ****en stupid can you get. The definition is being used in this case i dont see how you cant see that but hey coming from half the people in here i guess i could see why.

And the thing about the president being an idol. OMG how you can even bring that up is to funny. Of course hes not a ****ing idol hes a political puppet. The representatives of congress do a hell of a lot more than him and the only points of a president is to have a good appearance and one that can speak well to the public (and apparently we Americans couldnt even figure at that he cant even pronounce a word right but yea we still voted for him).

There were only basically a few people i liked talking to on this forum anyway and the only moderator i liked was Tori anyway cause she at least knew what she was talking about the whole time. As for most of the other moderators, you can basically go screw yourselves. [/B][/QUOTE]

You didn't even read my post lol. And if you did, you totally misinterpreted it. It doesn;t matter, I didn't expect much from a complete idiot like yourself anyway.

They didn't name is British Idol because it has NOTHING to do with being an idol of a country or society, it has to do with being an idol of POP! HELLO! If this whole contest was pretaining to being an Idol of American culture, how come they only sing? Singing is not being an idol of American culture. lol. Being an idol of American culture is not being able to sing pop songs all the time. In fact they probably called it American idol because Americans call in to vote for the best singer, not the best interpretation of the idol they precieve who's best for American culture. Let me repeat the key word: SINGER. Not Idol of American culture or society, SINGER! What the hell does singing have to do with American culutre and society and/or being an idol of it? I believe the only person here who doesn't know what he's talkin' about is none other than yourself. You're an idiot, you just prooved it with that post. I suppose you'd be a good idol for American culutre: Complete idiotic, prejudicial, bigoted, loser. The perfect American. God Bless America where idiots have the right to make themselves look more idiotic!

PS: You were gonna be banned anyway 'cause well, no one likes you. I wonder why.....

First of all: [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]I love being Semjaza the Second. :)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Why's that? I imagine it's pretty dull heh.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]There were only basically a few people i liked talking to on this forum anyway and the only moderator i liked was Tori anyway cause she at least knew what she was talking about the whole time. As for most of the other moderators, you can basically go screw yourselves. [/B][/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks.

Anyway, I'm ignoring all the other crap going on in here. At the same time, I honestly do not understand what makes Clay less of a [i]good[/i] person than Ruben or Kimberly. It was stated that he helped people out, just like Ruben apparently does... but I didn't hear one "bad" thing said about him otherwise by anyone else in here, other than the fact that people get the impression he is gay. And that he isn't aggressive enough? I don't quite get that one honestly.

So yeah, what exactly is the problem with Clay otherwise? The fact that people might think he is fruity, and it would somehow be a bad influence on kids? Despite him being probably a nice, caring guy? I don't understand this, and it's an honest question.

I'm not arguing this, I can tell you that... but if you want people to think otherwise, you really should word things a little differently. I really cannot tell what point you are getting across... You're writing one thing and seemingly implying another.

I was under the impression this was a singing and performance style competiton. Sure, personality is part of it... but that's hardly something I could claim as a fault in Clay's case based on what I saw today. This isn't a Miss USA Pageant or something.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Gee, thanks.

Anyway, I'm ignoring all the other crap going on in here. At the same time, I honestly do not understand what makes Clay less of a [i]good[/i] person than Ruben or Kimberly. It was stated that he helped people out, just like Ruben apparently does... but I didn't hear one "bad" thing said about him otherwise by you or anyone else in here, other than the fact they people get the impression he is gay.

So yeah, what exactly is the problem with Clay otherwise? The fact that people might think he is fruity, and it would somehow be a bad influence on kids? Despite him being probably a nice, caring guy? I don't understand this, and it's an honest question.

I'm not arguing this, I can tell you that... but if you want people to think otherwise, you really should word things a little differently. I really cannot tell what point you are getting across... You're writing one thing and seemingly implying another. [/B][/QUOTE]

There's nothing bad about him. He's the perfect guy straight men are so jealous of. Not all straight men, but some, like the few above.

You see, Clay will makes lots of money, he has talent, he's BETTER than all these people who don't like him, and whats a bigger slap in the face than he's not macho, he may even be gay, he's not portraying the powerful controlling man image, he's not like the typical 'normal' straight male. And frankly, that scares them, it makes them mad, it makes them feel week, which they are, just too dumb to see it.

Other than someone thinking Ruben is a better singer, there's no reason Clay is worse than Ruben or any other contestant. Their personality, personal life, whatever has nothing to do with their singing ability and talent. Pfferwhatever his name is would have had a valid argument with the meaning of idol, but he was wrong because thats not what this competition is all about. Thats something Simon would say.

Okay, I think that some of you need to take a deep breath and take it down a notch.

[quote][b]i dont see Japanese or Chinese people calling in to Vote for the American idol. I mean how ****en stupid can you get. The definition is being used in this case i dont see how you cant see that but hey coming from half the people in here i guess i could see why.[/b][/quote]

First of all, go easy on the swearing. If you were frustrated with the thread, there was no reason to reply with a hissy fit. Talk about Clay crying a lot. lol

Anyway, what is an American? Our society is compromised of a plethora of different intermingling cultures and lifestyles. So, it's impossible to distinguish what an American Idol should be outside the realms of their ability as a performer. You can't claim that either contestant completely embodies America or its attitudes--because we're such a diverse country. So, it's impossible for them to relate to everyone on every level.

In this instance, these people are American Idols because they're all average people who have the opportunity to achieve the "American Dream." They've aspired to become something greater than what they were and now they have a chance to "make it." So, don't aren't they, in fact, the "perfect embodiment of a concept?"

And, how does Clay's [i]rumored[/i] sexuality factor into the outcome of this competition? Homosexuals are a minority group--and so are blacks. Both groups face discrimination. Overweight people even do. Last year, a female won. Don't they face gender discrimination? And really, if society cared whether Clay was a homosexual or not, he wouldn't have made it this far.

So yeah, I think that this all comes down to who America feels is the better performer. We can make all the assumptions and biases we want. But, for all its diversity, America can identify with both of these individuals because they're average middle class people who auditioned amongst other ordinary people.

pbfrontmanvdp, if you don't want to post here anymore, that's fine. But, if you do, try to adhere to our rules. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

[COLOR=blue]I missed American Idol last night because school makes me really tired so I went to sleep. Anyway what happened? I saw a couple of parts of it. I thought it was really funny with that girl who knew all that stuff about Clay[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]I just wanted to know what I had missed.^_^[/COLOR]

[FONT=arial]oy, I'm so pissed I got into this so late. I just barely saw what I think was the final round between Ruben and Clay, and I have to say I'm goin' with CLAY!!! DANG, he can sing! when he hit that note at the end, I was just 'oooh yeah!'. Ruben sang pretty well too, but Clay stuck out. the only thing I didn't like about Clay was his expression when he sang, the whole staged look or whatever other people have said. but I'm rootin' for Clay all the way![/FONT]

I missed it today. Is today the last one?

Anyway, Clay is on live right now on our Fox news channel here. He seems like a nice guy and I don't really get anyone's problem with him... he really didn't come off what I'd even consider stereotypically gay when he was talking either. Talk about a bunch of reaching BS lol.

Anyway, I saw enough of Clay's singing in their report and what I saw yesterday that I'd pick Clay. I'm agreeing with the fact that Ruben, while very talented, really seems to bring nothing new to the table. His voice isn't distinctive, and really, it sounds like I could be listening to anyone on the planet... so many people sound like him.

Whereas Clay... he has a voice you'd never even expect him to have. He has an excellent range and a rather emotional personality as he sings, but it gets a bith cheesy at times... He seems like someone I could see doing music in Disney movies. He made me think of Aladdin for some reason heh.

The news reporter told Clay that Simon told her she was betting on him... so we'll see. There's always a chance that people in the final set will be picked up anyway. You don't get to #2 on American Idol and just right out disappear I'd think.

Anyway, Clay all the way. That rhymes, so obviously it's right.

They just had a poll on the news here and 65% of people voted for Ruben lol.

Nope. Tomorrow is the last episode. I think that it's run for two hours--so that means we'll face about an hour's worth of commercial interruptions and they'll announce the winner in the final five minutes. lol

Tonight's episode was good though. I guess I enjoyed it. Both of these guys really nailed their last performances and received standing ovations from two of the three judges. It's really an emotional program because you can tell that these two guys are good friends and that the judges have grown fond of them.

Basically, I still don't have a favorite. I couldn't vote if I wanted to.

Clay has a beautiful voice, but Ruben's sounds a bit more natural. It's not as over-the-top or forced. But, I don't think that his voice has the potential to be developed quite as much as Clay's.

Hmm, I hope this season comes out on DVD. Though I would feel embarrassed buyin git.

What happened to the annoying guy that used to host along with the current annoying guy this year?

They were the reason I couldn't stomach watching this show for more than 5 minutes last season. As a team they were so obnoxious that I seriously wanted to punch them both in the face several times. Then I'd go out for a popcicle, and come back and punch them some more.

Not as bad this year, thankfully... but some of the staged "jokes" they do are horrible.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I think my favorite part of the series was just the opening tryouts. That being said, I wasn't ever planning on watching the show again, save for one reason - Clay Aiken - I don't exactly remember the song that he sang, but it was amazing! I have missed quite a few shows since that time, but seeing that Clay is still in it, I decided to record the show to watch when I get back from work. I watched tonights episode, and was still amazed at how great of a singer Clay is.

Simon made a comment about how handsome the show had made Clay, and when I watched the clips from his first appearance to now, I definitely have to agree. I have no comment on his sexual preference, that's his choice, not America's. Rock on Clay, and hope you win! =P Though, at this point - both Clay and Ruben will make it. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote][b]If i want someone to be an American Idol i want them to be pretty much your average everyday type of person and i just feel that Ruben is more of that type of person[/b][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]First, I want to respond to that. An idol, to me, is someone who rises above the rest. Not someone who is average. With Clay, I see a person with lots of compassion and care for others. He may not be the type to get easily pissed off, but isn't that what you would look for in someone to look up to? I would.

I watched Clay last night and I voted and I hope more than anything for him to win. He's singing perfection. If he gets a deal, I will buy his album. I love him.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]What happened to the annoying guy that used to host along with the current annoying guy this year?

They were the reason I couldn't stomach watching this show for more than 5 minutes last season. As a team they were so obnoxious that I seriously wanted to punch them both in the face several times. Then I'd go out for a popcicle, and come back and punch them some more.

Not as bad this year, thankfully... but some of the staged "jokes" they do are horrible. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I knew there was something else I wanted to respond to! Okay, that guy, I can't remember his name, along with Ryan Seacrest, got on my nerves as well. I STILL hate Seacrest. I've been talking lately about the other guy. I was wondering where he ever went and why they didn't have him back. Maybe he wasn't wanted or maybe he didn't want to do it again? Couldn't compete with Seacrest? (Because he was the better looking of the two.) I don't know...[/color][/size]

Brian Dunkleman was his name. He went on to "better things" meaning he wants to pursue a career in stand up. He did a bit on Jay Leno right after the first American Idol, however he wasn't that funny. I really don't think he'll make it but whatever floats his boat.

Ryan Seacrest is like that annoying kid that just bothers you day in and day out that seemingly thereis no way to rid yourself of his presense.... however Simon has really got to him this season of Idol. He's rather cute too, but looks awefully short standing next to Clay.

I don`t mean to jump off the subject but I want to go back a to what some people said earlier. Some said that Ruben might not win because he was in the bottom 2. Even though thats true, Clay was also a wild card.

I guess that would make them equal.

[FONT=arial]yeah, I'm a bit disappointed, too. they can both sing (MAN, they can both sing!), but Clay's voice was original, the kind that sticks in your head and gives you goosebumps. oh well, they both did really well. as long as one of the two got it, it's all good.

still........ GO SHAKIN' AIKEN!!!!
[/FONT]

I didn't see it tonight... but they just showed Ruben singing something like "You''ll find it in the strangest placesss." It didn't sound good at all in my opinion. The guy is good, but not better than 70,000 other contestants good.

I like Ruben, he has a good voice... but at the same time, like I said earlier, he brings nothing new. He doesn't have a distinctive voice. If he was on the radio instead, I'd have no idea who he was. He sounds like so many other R&B male singers I hear, and I honestly personally know guys that have better voices... Still, congratulations to him.

As for Clay... He's cheesy, but I liked him. The notes that he hit before really set him apart. I just got the sense that he was more of a musical personality, rather than just a random singer... but it wasn't to be I guess heh.

Only 1,300 between the two.