OtakuBoards

Wiccans and Witches...real or not....

Sky Moonflow

Guest cloricus
Depends on how many frogs they have with them...

...Personally I think that if you want an answer to this you should search back a few pages. I for one am sort of getting sick of these wiccan threads, just the same people saying the same thing over and over. But of course the other wicca threads aren?t on this page so you have every right to start this one, though if you want some light reading go [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23551&highlight=wiccan]here[/url], [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18980&highlight=wiccan]here[/url] and you guessed it [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16982&highlight=wiccan]here[/url]!

-eps

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sky Moonflow [/i]
[B]Ok this is probly dumb.......

But I have been wondering the for a while now.....:rolleyes: ......do people really beleive in Wiccans and Witches......Light and Dark majic............ [/B][/QUOTE]

Depends what you mean. Obviously I believe in Wiccans, cos there are so many of them. heh.

But if you mean, do I believe they actually have any power, then yes.

If you also mean "are they on the right path", then no, I don't believe so.

Hope either one of those three answers your question, from my point of view.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dan L [/i]
[B]
If you also mean "are they on the right path", then no, I don't believe so.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]My god that sentence tempts me so!

RESTRAIN THYSELF, KEN! RESTRAIN!

*keeps from a heretical outburst*
----

Do I 'believe'? Not applicable, Wiccans are reality so theres no believe involved.

Do I believe they have some sort of beyond human power? I dont really know. You wont find me tempting fate, however. I'd judge mayhap they do, but i'm not testing any of them. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]My god that sentence tempts me so!

RESTRAIN THYSELF, KEN! RESTRAIN!

*keeps from a heretical outburst*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

dude. The key word in that quote being "believe"

as in:

"I don't think it's right but feel free to do so"

as opposed to

"be gone, vile magic practicing heathen"

Do I believe that people like that exist? Yes.
Do I believe that there are certain forces that underly the world we live in? Yes.
Do I believe that certain people can actually channel these forces; NO. And here's why; most of the people who claim themselves 'wiccan' are (no offense to anyone who may be able to) just people reading a bunch of 'spells' or whatnot off of the internet or from some 'How to be a Wizard' book (I'm serious, they sold that at the book fair once in fifth grade, but it was just a bunch of malarkey). And that's my opinion.

Hitokiri Battosai

You have to believe in wiccans, there are so many of them running around. ^-^
As for them having any real power you got me. I have some fortune tellers and cursers in my family but they don't believe in being Wiccan. In fact every psychic person i have ever met has had a solid belief in Jesus and the such. But then again i have only associated with good ones. Not saying wiccans are bad or anything but i have never met a wiccan with any true power. Just ones that practice the religion.

[color=#808080]Well, wiccans obviously exist. Witches also exist, but I don't believe that they have any kind of supernatural powers.

I mean, I guess that really falls in line with my general philosophy. I don't think that a witch can cast a spell on you, just as I don't think that Benny Hinn (hope I've spelled his last name correctly) can heal people.

Although, if you are practicing "magic" in your own home (or even publicly), I don't care. But if you start charging money for the promise of healing people or casting spells...well, I think that's really dishonest (even if you believe you have the power). But I suppose that's an issue for another day.[/color]

Guest Voodookanaka
i believe in the power of human will and believe that u can achieve certain almost supernatural things with this. I believe that ppl who practice witch craft may be able to achieve this things on rare occasions and that witch craft is just their way of self promoting themselves so to speak.

Case Study: A mate of mine, 'whiteboy' once came round to my house in poring rain late at night with bags full of all his wicca stuff as his Dad threatened to burn it all and threw him out of his house, thought this was worth mentioning XD

Of course Wiccans exist. Anyone who practices the religion Wicca is a Wiccan, therefore Wiccans exist. Simple as that.

I believe in magick, but I don't believe all of these witches running around high school campuses can actually do anything. It's just my opinion, but I doubt an abstract force like magick can be warped and willed by any random human being.

Now honestly Dan, is it really your place to decide if they're on the right path? According to their own religion, they are on the right path.

The wiccan phenomen has gotten a bit out of control, I agree. To many teenagers are just going around saying, I"m a wiccan, look how dark and tragic I am. Piss me off and I'll curse you. Like Manic I belive in magick, but I'm a spiritualist, I don't have any real religon tied into it for me. I just take things from here and there and some of my own ideas and miz them alltogther...I'll start a cult one of these days *chuckles*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]Now honestly Dan, is it really your place to decide if they're on the right path? According to their own religion, they are on the right path. [/B][/QUOTE]

No it's not.

That's the point I was trying to make to DK

It's not my place to say that they're [i]definitely[/i] not on the right path, but rather, if my religion is right, then they're not.

For me to have any kind of faith in my religion I have to at least believe it's right,

thus I believe they're not on the right path.

However that's my belief, and they can have theirs too. Ultimately we won't find out what the right path is until we die.

So yeah. It's not my place to say who [i]is[/i] on the right path, but rather who I [i]believe[/i] is on the right path ;)

Hope that clears up what I meant

Sorry, I just found it rude to jump into a discussion about a religion and flat-out say "I believe your religion is wrong" (not your phrasing, but that's the impression I got from it). That's why these Wicca threads always turn into religious debates; the exact same religious debate, at that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]Sorry, I just found it rude to jump into a discussion about a religion and flat-out say "I believe your religion is wrong" (not your phrasing, but that's the impression I got from it). That's why these Wicca threads always turn into religious debates; the exact same religious debate, at that. [/B][/QUOTE]

OK. I'll try and say it in a less condemning way in future.. or something. or rather, I'll make it clear that I'm just as likely to be wrong, from the start of the thread. If anything like this comes up again, that is (which I don't doubt)

I There are witches and wiccans do where real now most that clam it are either crazy or looking for a place of belonging. But fare as magic and supernatural they are real do to the enery in the world. For one magic the true kind is channeling that energy and supernatural is spirit that uses the energy around them to do thing like move objects and become aperation(sp?).

[color=green]Hmm...a very controversial subject.Oo Yes, I indeed believe in Wiccans. I mean, why shouldn't I...a Wiccan, as stated before, is just a person who follow the Wicca religion.^^()

I'm unsure if I believe in witches though, that's part of the controversy. Few believe in witches, who are supposedly spawns of the devil.Oo

Wiccans and Witches, might I add, are not the same thing. Of course, there are different types of Wicca, so I suppose it depends.>> I have a few Wiccan friends myself, who believe they can harness power, but really most of them only work with herbs, scents, and those strange little potions you can buy downtown..Oo()

Again, it just depends on the type of Wicca, because some types really DO believe they can harness power, though I don't believe they do myself, and some simply work with, as stated before, herbs, scents, potions, etc.

Also, Witches, well I personally don't believe they are real,*as I stated before* but that's just my little opinion.^^()[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I have to totally agree with Lady Macaiodh, i wont call myself a wiccan, simply because i do not know enough, i like all the ideals, i find comfort in the beliefs, but through circumstance and spending to much time researching what some might call darker things, i could not call myself a practising wiccan.

As such i believe that there may be something to all the spells, but only in the sence of true wiccan worship, where they are not childish love spells, but requests to The Goddess, requests of nature, very much close in nature to a prayer, and with all the belief in the power of prayer, and my personal belief that our thoughts and actions influence our surroundings, I will say that yes i believe TRUE wiccan worship may well provide those who ask with some sort of "powers" (the inverted commas are deffinately there for a reason).

Really hope this made sense, im not thinking as clearly as I like to and im sure i will have made a stuff up somewhere in this post, sorry if i did.

Actually,I can tell you first hand wiccans are real.Not that I AM one,but I have a friend who practices spells,actually,we do it together sumtimes ^^ lol,it's fun,but I don't believe the wiccan religion,I don't know what I believe as far as religion goes....

Yea another point that probably needs to be made clear to alot of people, wicca and witchcraft, very different things.
Its been touched upon but not explained in more detail, wiccan worship is the belief that all aspects of nature and life hold a part of a great spirit, a sentinence of nature. Wiccans worship this and for want of a better term could be concidered spiritualistic "greenies".

Witches however sell parts of their soul to the Devil for a thing called a witchboon, if someone wanted someone else to become ill they would make a pact with Satan and give him part of their soul, these witchboons are addictive and son a witch will have sold their entire soul to Satan.

And please, even i with my limited knowledge do not appreciate those who refer to the wican worship as "fun" something to do when you are bored, its really quite involved and spiritual, if your interested try and appreciate it for what it is.