Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Anime Worst anime vocal song you've heard?


Recommended Posts

Whats an anime song you can't stand? If your going to post just the name of the song, please post the lyrics with it. (Go to [url]www.animelyrics.com[/url] for your lyrics)

IMO; Strawberry Kiss Kiss(Tokyo Babylon) is the worst song I've ever heard; the guy whoes sings it sings it in english, he sounds drunk, you can't understand a word that's sung, and the lyrics look like it took no thought to write the song.

The lyrics are;

I'm gonna believe in your eyes
So please don't say love is blind
I wanna be reading your mind
In secret communication.

Do you like toffee and lemonade?
It used to taste so good hand-made.
Where are the smiles of yesterday,
Our childhood conversations?

Please, kiss kiss.
Will anybody kiss me, please?
Please, please, kiss kiss.
Give me strawberry kisses please.

I'm gonna become sunshine
And kiss everything in sight.
You could be a star in the night,
Just use your imagination.

I'm only holding back the rain.
So many raindrops, so many pains.
I wanna find my train someday,
As seasons go pass the station.

Please, kiss kiss.
Will anybody kiss me, please?
Please, please, kiss kiss.
Like a strawberry-colored dream.

~interlude~

Please, kiss kiss.
Will anybody kiss me, please?
Please, please, kiss kiss.
Give me strawberry kisses, please.

Please, kiss kiss.
Will anybody kiss me, please? (Please!)
Please, please, kiss kiss. (Kiss kiss!)
Like a strawberry-colored dream.

Please...kiss....kiss.
Link to post
Share on other sites
After reading the lyrics and thinking about it, I have decided that that is the absolute worst anime song that I have ever heard.
'Do you like toffee and lemonade?'
How the heck do you go from eyes to toffee? It makes no sense! I've never actually heard the song, but I'm sure that if I do my ears will bleed and I'll have to lock myself in a darkened room and listen to the ending themes of Trigun, Inu Yasha, and starting theme of Cowboy Bebop to make me feel better.

And can someone tell me what a strawberry kiss is? This song makes less sense everytime I read it. Although it did do me in a for a good laugh.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Half_Shaded [/i]
[B]After reading the lyrics and thinking about it, I have decided that that is the absolute worst anime song that I have ever heard.
'Do you like toffee and lemonade?'
How the heck do you go from eyes to toffee? It makes no sense! I've never actually heard the song, but I'm sure that if I do my ears will bleed and I'll have to lock myself in a darkened room and listen to the ending themes of Trigun, Inu Yasha, and starting theme of Cowboy Bebop to make me feel better.

And can someone tell me what a strawberry kiss is? This song makes less sense everytime I read it. Although it did do me in a for a good laugh. [/B][/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: That song does sound incredibly stupid.

I think the Pokemon song is stupid, as is the YuGiOh theme song. . .but that one sounds even worse. Strawberry what? Sounds like the writer overdosed on hentai as well as alcohol and hallucinogens before he "wrote" (using the term loosely) the song.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]:laugh: :laugh: That song does sound incredibly stupid.

I think the Pokemon song is stupid, as is the YuGiOh theme song. . .but that one sounds even worse. Strawberry what? Sounds like the writer overdosed on hentai as well as alcohol and hallucinogens before he "wrote" (using the term loosely) the song. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes the Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon theme songs are incredibly stupid. Those darn Pokemon songs got stuck in my head years ago and are only now leaving. How I despise those songs...
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]Don't get me started on dubbed songs! >_< There's no better way to wreck the music then to try translating it to English :sigh: [/B][/QUOTE]

Not all dubed songs are bad. ^_^ The Fruits Basket dubed opening was done really well IMO, they kept most of the original lyrics, and the singer did a good job.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[FONT=arial]yeah, I like how they did the opener for Kenshin in English; it sounds so cute ^_^. but the song that Rem sings in Trigun and the song Melfina sings in Outlaw Star in English sucks really badly. especially the Rem one. it sounded so pretty sung in Japanese, and they had to go muck it up.[/FONT]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]yeah, I like how they did the opener for Kenshin in English; it sounds so cute ^_^. but the song that Rem sings in Trigun and the song Melfina sings in Outlaw Star in English sucks really badly. especially the Rem one. it sounded so pretty sung in Japanese, and they had to go muck it up.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank Gaia for DVDs, this way you can listen to the songs in Japanese, while hearing the dubbed script.
Link to post
Share on other sites
The worst anime song I've ever heard is Dark Side Stories from Yuu Yuu Hakusho (Hiei & Kurama duet). It's not that I'm against Hiei or anything, but the seiyuu's singing voice is *awful* (at least in this song)! Kurama's voice actress sounded wonderful, but Hiei's just ruined the whole thing for me.

If you're looking for a good duet between the two, try Wild Wind.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[size=1] I thinke the worst anime songs would have to be,
Rock the Dragon and the new rappie "step into the grand tour" DBGT openings. One that i don't mind at all but find unusually strange is having a cover of Sinatra's "fly me to the moon" at the end of Evangelion episodes, it's just wierd, considering the opening is in Japanese.(these VHS tapes were a little old looking, please tell me if the songs were updated or somethingwith the sudden influence of anime in the west)[/size]
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
What I think is the worst vocal anime song is the theme song for Big O. ACK!!!! It is so annoying.

[B]"The Big-O"

Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! Big-O!
Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! Big-O!
Cast in the name of God
Ye not the guilty
We have came to team!
Big-O!
Swear an eternal oath
to this city that lost all of its past.
Light a light in a lonely heart
Dying me with words
Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! Big-O!
Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! -O! -O! Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! -O! -O! Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! Big-O! Big-O!
Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! Big-O!
Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! -O! -O! Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! -O! -O! Big-O!
Big-O! Big-O! Big-O! Big-O![/B]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Half_Shaded [/i]
[B]Yes the Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon theme songs are incredibly stupid. Those darn Pokemon songs got stuck in my head years ago and are only now leaving. How I despise those songs... [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't think they were that bad, personally. I tend to like most of the Pokemon themes. Maybe I just have bad taste, heh. But which Yu-Gi-Oh theme do you mean? I like the orchestral one in the dub, and the Japanese one too. Yeah, they are a bit twee and too teeny-boppy at times, but they still have a certain kind of charm to them.

I think they partly have a bad reputation because so many people look down on the show as being kiddy. Which it is, and the songs are too in a way. But I really like 'We're A Miracle' from the First Movie.

As for my worst... some of the japanese Digimon ones are questionable, but I guess I could listen to them if I tried. The opening themes for 01 and 02 are okay, but the two closing themes I've heard for 01 aren't so good in my opinion. The voice and orchestration is rather annoying.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by yuka-kitsune[/i]
[b]zoids chaotic cenry[/b][/QUOTE]

And I love the Zoids Chaotic Century theme, so there :p.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE]Heh.. I know I love Naruto.. But I must say.. "Rocks" the first opening is poorly done.. It sounds all 80's... And it doesn't really make sense...

"OOH I WANNA ROCKS!" Sounds like "OOH I WANNA WOKS!"

*commits hara kiri for dissing his fav manga*[/QUOTE] I thought both of the opening songs were fine. I mean, they weren't spectacular or great, but they were ok. You know what's really bad, and disturbing? That second ending, with the marrionette version of the two girls singing and moving very eerily. :eek: :shudders:, now [I]that[/I] was bad...

As for that "rocks" part, I don't find any problem with the way they say it. I do, however, find a problem with the grammar. Haha, it bothers you just as much as "Devil Never Cry!" "I wanna rocks" doesn't work on any level...

I would have said the second Naruto ending, but looking at the Big-O lyrics, I have to say that looks to be the most annoying.

And yeah, Solo Tremaine, I've never had much beef with the Yugioh or Pokemon songs, except that Johto (sp?) one (the third opening song, I believe).
Link to post
Share on other sites
In the latest Kenshin episodes, the theme has been changed to "Sobakusu", which translates into "Freckles". It's not that bad (it's pretty catchy), but the singer's voice (both US and Japanese versions) is annoyingly high-pitched. It's like listening to a gerbil on helium. But the catchiness makes up for it. Lyrically, "Cha-La Head Cha-La" from DBZ is just as annoying. Here's a couple examples...

1) The title "Cha La head Cha La"
2) One part of the song goes "If deep in the ice I find a dinosaur, I'll want to train him... I'll train him to balance on a ball!" Oh my God... Brain... Hurting...!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest lordcassandra
I rather like the Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh songs. Shuffle rocks my socks. Though Lucky Lucky...that's an odd song. It's one of those bad songs that's oddly addictive.

Strawberry Kiss Kiss...ahh...yes...I have that. If anyone is interested in hearing it out of morbid curiousity, let me know.

Now, if you want a bad song...listen to Sora ga Mieru from Fushigi Yuugi.
Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=Crimson] Hmm O_o the worst EVER anime song i heard?!! *twitches and files through memory" Oh hehehe..i remember. It was the "sailor moon" dubbed theme ^__^ Seeing as that was the first EVER anime i have seen, it would have to be that. Im pretty sure everyone knows how the lyrics go, but i'll post alittle anyway.[/color]

[B][I][COLOR=crimson] Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named SAILOR MOON!![/color][/I][/B]

[COLOR=crimson] Personally i think the japanese version to this is less..cheesy *twitches* [/color]
Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bishie [/i]
[B][COLOR=Crimson] Hmm O_o the worst EVER anime song i heard?!! *twitches and files through memory" Oh hehehe..i remember. It was the "sailor moon" dubbed theme ^__^ Seeing as that was the first EVER anime i have seen, it would have to be that. Im pretty sure everyone knows how the lyrics go, but i'll post alittle anyway.[/color]

[B][I][COLOR=crimson] Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named SAILOR MOON!![/color][/I][/B]

[COLOR=crimson] Personally i think the japanese version to this is less..cheesy *twitches* [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
UGH! I hated that song! *cringes*

If I was posting this a few months ago... I would have mentioned not liking Trigun's end theme. I used to hate it since I thought it was whiny sounding, but now it's started to grow on me...

But as for songs I hate:

Dragon Ball Z- Rock the Dragon- It's just so... wrong sounding. :shifty:

Big-O- It repeats itself too much. I don't wanna hear The Big-O! repeated over and over.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...