OtakuBoards

Speulation about gamers

Cecil

When I think about it to me it seems that most people that like rpgs are older and around in their teens, and people younger than that 12-11 and below seem to like sports and action games more. Here are my 2 resons.

1. These older kids have been playing for longer and rpg are alot more of an old school games than the rest.

2. Younger kids just don't have enough smarts to do it right. Ex. My brother=9 +ff4/2= a very confused boy.

What do you think? Do you have anyother resons?

[color=rainbow]Well, I think any age group can enjoy complex RPG's, that's the same the other way around. But everyone's different, and has different interests. When I was about 9, I loved Mario, so I bought Super Mario RPG. After that, I started to play every RPG I could get my hands on. So, I think it just depends on the person, not the age, although it is true that younger kids do tend to dislike RPG's....[/color]

i hate it because my lil bro who is 5 plays these games for n64 and he cant even read, its like a waste of a game, when i was little i loved all the shooting games like wolfenstien for computer and i remember playing goldeneye and my big bro yellin at me because i never bothered to read the objectives, i just wanted to shoot people thats all, i also loved to play teenage mutand ninja turtles the original one for nintendo.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]omg... when i was little i LOVED FF... and i mean i beat that game over and over and over and over and over... oh you get the point... but if you pay more attention... typically... people who read more books and have patients play RPGs more... or if any of you know what IB stands for... like 10% of them play RPGs while 3% of the rest of americans do...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I always get pissed off at my bro. when he dosn't read everything then he goes and asks me how to do. My respopnse is always go talk to everyone and read all the sign's.

And I always loved to read books when you have to force my brother to read anything that isnt in a game and that' his excuse "I don want to read a book because Im already reading what is in the game" yeah right. Maybe he will pay attention to ffX because I think they said that they talk the whole time, and it funny my brother watches so many of the dbz tapes that he's memerised the comericals.

I have that problem when I'm playing RPG's with my neighbor...I give him the controls...and when there's a scene (like in FF7) he just keeps tapping the circle button to skip through the text so he can't get the story line, or know what to do next. Good thing I have a fast reading average so I can get all the info that flashes by.:rolleyes:

I just thought of another reson, it might not be right but here goes.

It might be that rpg had greater appeal to more people in video games early life, pobebly around 93 was when they started to make less rpgs, which result with more people around the age of 11 or 12 or below not liking them as much because it was before there time.

I can't prove this but this is just a thoery, if any of you older peeps can add anything to this please do.

[color=darkblue]I think that everyone's tastes are different...

My very first games were Nintendo Game & Watch titles. They were incredibly simple compared to the latest games today...

Sometimes, I enjoy a game that requires a lot of thought. Games like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill or Resident Evil...

But sometimes my brain is tired of thinking. And in those cases, I prefer to just sit down with something that's fun and simple...a no-brainer game.

So in that case, I still love to sit down with Super Mario 64, Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio or Smash Bros.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cecil [/i]
[B]When I think about it to me it seems that most people that like rpgs are older and around in their teens, and people younger than that 12-11 and below seem to like sports and action games more. Here are my 2 resons.

1. These older kids have been playing for longer and rpg are alot more of an old school games than the rest.

2. Younger kids just don't have enough smarts to do it right. Ex. My brother=9 +ff4/2= a very confused boy.

What do you think? Do you have anyother resons? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think RPG's appeal more to older people because they have better...........*grasping for words*.....*doesn't find any*

I think some younger children get into those video games because everyone is. I mean, if you're a young kid, you wouldn't wanna be ostrasized because you weren't doing something that was 'in'. And you don't wanna be pigeonholed as a no-lifer because you play different games that are not necessarily 'in'. So yeah I think peer pressure and the need/want/whatever to fit in has something to do with it. Some can't quite follow the storylines of games. Like a lot of people, they might just wanna play a game to beat it; not caring about the storyline (or lack thereof), characters, gameplay, music, etc.

I think rpg's appeal more to the older folk because they can be that character. I can't think of anything right now, later....it will come to me, maybe.

My younger siblings try to play zelda and it annoys me because:
a. They can't read that well
b. They don't know how to follow directions.
c. They always need help.