Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
why is it that Pan, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, get super sayian powers and not Bulla.( Vegeta and Bulma's daughter) I know she's really girly but that's no excuse not to give her powers to... maybe she has them and I don't know about them oh well... I'd like to she her go super sayian.


Does anyone else think she's getting ripped off?:laugh:
Guest Majin Buu
Posted
Bulma doesnt have Sayian blood in her though.. So shes just 100% human but with, Pan, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, there fathers are Sayians so they all have there fathers blood wicth makes them all Sayians.. I think.. Do you understand?
Guest Majin Buu
Posted
Ohhh I thought you was talking about Bulma i didnt read all of it then sorry..
Posted
[size=1]Bulla, also known as Bra to those who may be confused.

First thing I would like to mention is that Pan does not have Super Saiya-jin power.

The truth is that female Saiya-jins lack the ability to transform into a Super Saiya-jin. Why? We do not really know, but Akira Toriyama 3:16 said so, lol.

There are probably a countless number of possible reasons that Toriyama would have made it this way, but we just do not know exactly why. We just know that they lack that ability.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]Bulla, also known as Bra to those who may be confused.

First thing I would like to mention is that Pan does not have Super Saiya-jin power.

The truth is that female Saiya-jins lack the ability to transform into a Super Saiya-jin. Why? We do not really know, but Akira Toriyama 3:16 said so, lol.

There are probably a countless number of possible reasons that Toriyama would have made it this way, but we just do not know exactly why. We just know that they lack that ability.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]


:D Um... I've never heard that said, officially, I know a lot of people just assume that's the case, but has it been made official, or has it just not come up in the series ever... :drunk: I hope that made sense, cos I'm confusing myself. :D
Posted
Yes, Toriyama said in an official interview that females do not have the ability to attain the Super Saiyajin level of power. He has never confirmed why, however.
Posted
Simple. The mother side of the family never was a sayain. Bulma isn't a saiyan, Bulla is half but she is a female, so no SS powers.
Posted
This is not exactly true. In the Bardock movie, the girl that was in his group, Fasha, did have saiyan powers. Of course, I'm not talking super-saiyan, but she could turn into the Oozaru form. That does count as super-saiyan powers because in Bardock's time there [i]were[/i] no super saiyans yet besides the "legendary" one.
Posted
I don't know where you got that bullcrap that Toriyama-San made it so females didn't go Suupaa Saiya-jin, but that was just coincidence. He never said that. His true reasoning as to why Bura-Chan and Pan-Chan never went Suupaa Saiya-jin is because they never had the incentive. I doubt a dropped shopping bag, or a broekn nail is enough for Bura to go Suupaa Saiya-jin. As for Pan, she never had anything to give her incintive. Its not like her best freind was murdered right before her eyes.
Posted
It's a good thing Bra doesn't have her mother's temper, or a broken nail or dropped shopping bag *would* be a good enough incentive to go super saiyan. ;)
Posted
err goten got into super saiyan for a stupid argument he had with his mom. i dont think incentives have to do with anything
i think pan and bra cant go super saiyan cuz they didnt achieve the power to do that. you have to be at a certain strength, but since theyre girls they cant do that.
Posted
Than that theorie would be incorrect, because Pan-Chan is stronger than Son Gokuu when he first went Suupaa Saiya-jin, and stronger than Goten and Torankusu.

Power has little to do with it, though it does have influence.
Posted
:mad: Whether thay are guys or girls has crap all to do with anything. UNLESS, there's some genetic reason for it.

:D Deathbug and Youka Minamino: You guys just gave me the funniest mental image...
YOU BROKE MY NAIL!! heh heh... :cool:
Posted
Youko Minamino:

Your usage of pollitically correct names is somewhat annoying; however you may well be Japanese so I won't say anything.

For those that aren't Japanese:

Just use dub names, people, they tend to be shorter and sound better (Mr. Satan is funny, not intimidating) and it's not like it'll be the end of the world if we say them. Some exceptions can, of course, be made - Coolah instead of Cooler, for example. But "Freiza" makes me think "ice" while "Furiza" makes me think "Fuzzy". You tell me which is more intimidating: Ice, or fuz.

Shenron. Ooh! I didn't use the technicly-correct Shin Leung! Fear me.

On topic:

Youko Minamoto basically had the right idea; the idea of female Saiyins not being able to go Super-Saiyin doesn't make genetic sense.
Posted
Actually I think her Japanese name is Bura, so technicly they haven't butchered is, as for some reason the L and R are very close in Japanese

You never heard about that? Basicly, they try to say "election", thery end up saying "erection". Try to say "suplies", and end up with "suprise".

So technicly, Bura could become "Bula" no problem, and for the sake of making no one want it to be pronounced "Buu-lah", the dub people added in an extra L. Now it's Buh-lah instead of Buu-lah
Posted
Huh? now I'm confused, I thought no female saiyan could go super saiyan but they still have saiyan powers. But Saiyans ARE supposed to be a different race so if something didn't make genetic sense to one race doesn't mean it's the same for all.
Posted
Genetics are so fundementally basic that they apply to all living things.

We're all just acid and protiens, after all. Even the Saiyins. They just have denser bodies, so they can stand more punishment, and the ability to access [i]Ki[/i] energy easier and faster then humans, and also the ability to focus that energy into more varied attacks.

Super-Saiyin doesn't give a Saiyin new powers. it just upgrades the existing ones. The exception could be Super Saiyin x4, as I haven't seen that in action, but to the best of my knowledge all going to Super-Saiyin does is upgrade your power. Something like x4 your origional power level per SSj level, or something. Maybe a bit more. If Goku went from under 1,000,000, then durring the battle with Freiza, jumped to 15,000,000, something else is going on. unfortunately I don't know his exact power level before going SSj for the first time, but if it was 180,000 or so when facing Ginyu, there's no way it could have jumped to over 1,000,000 based simply on one defeat (Everyone remember that Saiyins get more powerful each time they are beaten).

By the way, those numbers are from official sorces. Freiza had a maximum power level of 12,000,000, and Goku's at that time was 15,000,000.

And Goku still almost lost - in fact, he did die, but then the nifty Dragonballs brought him back along with the Namekians and Vegeta. Imagine if thier power levels were equal...
Posted
Sephiroth, let me give you a quick Japanese lessson. Bra in Japanese is written Bu-Tsu-Ra. Which would make it Burra, since a tsu characteristic before a constanent doubles that constanent. So you get Bu-R-Ra. Then taking in account the rules of translation it would become Bu-L-La. Good translation. Not butchered. Don't call somethin butchered unless you completely understand it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...