OtakuBoards

Faq?

Krillen

Someone has probably made this thread before but I wasnt sure. With all of the newbies asking the same questions over and over like, how do you get your banner to show, and other things like that. I think it would be nice to have a FAQ up at the top of the control panel. What are your opinions on that?

vB has an FAQ which you can easily find vis your profile... no one seems ot know how to use it though. It's really frightening the stupidity and laziness of people

But i agree... the rules and any following FAQ should be manditory to read by all. "How do I put an image in my sig" gets reallyold after... say the 3,000th time I've heard it.

Yes I agree, but you and your lowercase i's apply to the laziness factor also. Hahah. Thanks TN, I didnt know about the FAQ either, just goes to show how hard it is to find. Thanks again. I also think that Gender symbols would be a nice feature, a few people have mistaken me for a girl the past day or two. I think I made a thread about that before though and no one said anything about it. What do you think?

[color=#707875]Gender symbols? Maybe. We'll see how it goes.

As far as the FAQ goes...it's very basic. It provides you with basic knowledge about vB tags.

We have something much better in the works, which will be available alongside v7.[/color]

Thanks James, I feel dumb now because I didnt know about the FAQ section. Oh well, we have to learn sooner or later.

Yah, about the Gender symbols. The members which have mistaken me for a gril were members that I had known for a long time. And your view, actions, personality, responses, etc. greatly effect whether you are a girl or a boy. So I think that this is a major confusion issue in most cases. But, I guess we will just wait and see how it goes. Thanks for taking it into hand.

Guest Randleman
gender symbols might be nice. but sometimes it's nice to have convos with people not knowing their gender.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Randleman [/i]
[B]gender symbols might be nice. but sometimes it's nice to have convos with people not knowing their gender. [/B][/QUOTE]

How about there is another option besides guy or girl making it says undifined or unknow or something. That would get what you want and what others want. I also think the gender symbol is a good idea.

On a side note:

Happy Birthday Krillen!

[font=gothic][color=crimson]*Resists temptation to re-raise idea that a compulsary rules test should be given before people can sign up*.

Gender symbols.... I guess I could live with them, but I don't really see the point. It's not that big a deal to tell people whether you're male or female if they can't work it out, and they probably regret asking more than you regret telling them.[/font][/color]

Yah, I accept your opinion too Harlequin. But its more than just a laziness issue to ask people what gender they are. I just think it would create less confusion to have a symbol underneath your avatar or signature, specifically avatar. But again, gender greatly effects the way you speak, act, and think towards a person.

*realizes that we are talking about a subject not related to topic, maybe someone can fix that.

*Thanks for the Happy Birthday BD. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]"How do I put an image in my sig" gets reallyold after... say the 3,000th time I've heard it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]*nods heavily* Yeah... I think I've answered like, five of those these past two weeks. >>;

I like Flynn's idea about the rules test, but it sounds kinda inconvienient. Though, if more people read -or at least skimmed through the rules, we wouldn't really get questions about 'How-to put images in my sig' as often. Besides, it's posted in the rules in the Banner Request forum... [/color] [/size]

Well people these days dont read rules at all. They go right to the bottom of the page and click "I agree". And some people here cant say they havent done that. I think the forced rules test might be a good idea. Even for current members of the boards. So now there are 3 issues in this thread, kind of a mess.[color=red] The FAQ, which turned out that there was a FAQ but hard to find.[/color][color=green] The Gender symbols which James has taken into hand.[/color][color=blue] And now there is a re-raised idea about a forced rules test, even though it sounds a bit convienient, I think it's a pretty good idea.[/color]

[color=deeppink][size=1]Gender symbols seems like a waste of time. Besides. It ruins the fun. And if there were Gender symbols [ being who I am ] I'd of course [b]lie[/b]. Wouldn't we have to be PC and make a hemaphroditical symbol? :devil:

I approve of the FAQ link on the main menu. [ not the my opinion matters or anything ]

As for the rules, they are fine the way they are. They're avaliable on [b]every[/b] page on Otaku, it doesn't matter where you are, you can access them. Let's not be giving our joining members exams. They're already frightened enough, poor little creatures.[/color][/size]