OtakuBoards

Why do you REALLY hate pokemon?

(<AA>)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Pokémon is the work of the devil... that many of us call "Kids WB".... however, Pocket Monsters was a fairly good show... but still... it was made for kids, to be watched by kids... not older teenagers.... So if you are a teenager and don't like it, there's your reason :p [/B][/QUOTE]
OH NO!I WAS WORSHIPING THE DEVIL!I REPENT OH SO SUPERIOR
TEENAGER!*Bows to the all knowing teenager*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by () [/i]
[B]
OH NO!I WAS WORSHIPING THE DEVIL!I REPENT OH SO SUPERIOR
TEENAGER!*Bows to the all knowing teenager* [/B][/QUOTE]

That was slightly scary.....

The point is appreciate anime in it's true form, and don't base everything that is fact from a non-original source (ie: Dubbed anime)

[B]

That was slightly scary.....

The point is appreciate anime in it's true form, and don't base everything that is fact from a non-original source (ie: Dubbed anime) [/B][/QUOTE]
I know what you mean man...where I live they(not in america btw)They really butcher the animes
EG:If someone says "I love MR/MS X", they translate it to "I respect MR/MS X" god,and its so obvious that they mean they LOVE the other person...

Pokemon isnt bad, but they just over did it, If it only was pokemon red blue, gold and silver and crystal, and the pokemon stadiums than it would be good. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! The other stuff is just milking the seris to the max just so some guy can have some extra cash or to make some more of it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] You have to admit, the anime part of it sucks, but the games, well there's where the money's at...or at least it should be.;) [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well.... I don't like to play the games... I don't like the Pokemon games... anymore that is.... They were good.... but then just like... got crappy... the most fun part of the game was naming your character :p

Do you think pokemon is for 'CHILDREN'? I began to doubt it. Women in short skirts(of. Jenny), shorts (Misty), and some episodes women can be seen in bikinis! I know It's just anime but, can children watch it? Sooner or later It'll become [COLOR=red]HENTAI[/COLOR]! I don't hate pokemon but, they're [SIZE=4]DANGEROUS[/SIZE]!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Single H [/i]
[B]Do you think pokemon is for 'CHILDREN'? I began to doubt it. Women in short skirts(of. Jenny), shorts (Misty), and some episodes women can be seen in bikinis! I know It's just anime but, can children watch it? Sooner or later It'll become [COLOR=red]HENTAI[/COLOR]! I don't hate pokemon but, they're [SIZE=4]DANGEROUS[/SIZE]!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

The overall plot and show and games were to be marketed to children... that was it's purpose.... kinda like Dragonball.... then DragonBall Z was made to market to the older audience....

And they already have hentai of Pokemon.... it's all fanbased, as in drawn by people, but it does exists.... so does hentai of almost EVERY anime/manga series out there....

[B]

And they already have hentai of Pokemon.... it's all fanbased, as in drawn by people, but it does exists.... so does hentai of almost EVERY anime/manga series out there.... [/B][/QUOTE]

yup, pokemon hentai exists, in fact, it existed before the show aired in the US and UK, and yes, there is hentai of almost every anime out there....

Well, I liked the PKMN animé during the Indigo league. After that, they became repetitive.
And BTW please don't bash dubs, because people like me love dubs (as long as they are not butchered) because, well sometimes the voice acting can surpass the Japanese (watch Sorcerer Hunters and you'll understand). And I don't mean in voice sound, but in the motivation they put into the characters.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Well, I liked the PKMN animé during the Indigo league. After that, they became repetitive.
And BTW please don't bash dubs, because people like me love dubs (as long as they are not butchered) because, well sometimes the voice acting can surpass the Japanese (watch Sorcerer Hunters and you'll understand). And I don't mean in voice sound, but in the motivation they put into the characters. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not bashing dubs... I simply said don't trust something thats not an original to give you accurate information... like Pokemon... do you even know how different Pokemon is from Pocket Monsters? You'd shi? your pants.... excuse the langauge.....

As for more emotion and crap, watch the Kenshin dub, then the sub... ESPECIALLY Sano's voice... you'll see the Japanese Seiyuu are 8,000 times better in that case.... same with Dragonball, Tenchi, Gundam Wing (although they were pretty good in that) and the movie Mononoke Hime.... I enjoy the japanese seiyuu over American VA's most of the time...

Main point is that, by saying what I did, NEVER trust a dub for accurate meaning of what was originally supposed to be represented throughout an anime or show.

[B]

I'm not bashing dubs... I simply said don't trust something thats not an original to give you accurate information... like Pokemon... do you even know how different Pokemon is from Pocket Monsters? You'd shi? your pants.... excuse the langauge.....

As for more emotion and crap, watch the Kenshin dub, then the sub... ESPECIALLY Sano's voice... you'll see the Japanese Seiyuu are 8,000 times better in that case.... same with Dragonball, Tenchi, Gundam Wing (although they were pretty good in that) and the movie Mononoke Hime.... I enjoy the japanese seiyuu over American VA's most of the time...

Main point is that, by saying what I did, NEVER trust a dub for accurate meaning of what was originally supposed to be represented throughout an anime or show. [/B][/QUOTE]

I saw a couple, and I have to admit: For the most part you're right. But you have to admit that there must be a dub you like over the sub.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]

I saw a couple, and I have to admit: For the most part you're right. But you have to admit that there must be a dub you like over the sub. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well i don't think I can name a dub I prefer over the sub, but there are plenty of good dubs out there.... I'm not saying all dubs provide false information or that they suck.... it's just some do.... Pokemon being one of them...