OtakuBoards

Being logged out!?

Vicky

Okay, I need help with this:

This has been happening to me a lot, I'm just about to post somehting, and suddenly the stly of OB changes from liquid to the normal one. That meant I had been logged out.
I've changed my pass, and when I view a members profile, I'm logged out again. This is really bugging me. I'm haveing to log in and out ever 5 min's...

Do you know how to stop this?

It might be because there are a lot of memebers on OB so that means there are more connections going through and if there are too many connections then it'll probaly meen someone has to get kicked off so that it runs more smoothly. If that means any sense at all.

But there are many memebers on OB, but most haven't posted yet! there are loads of people signing up and not osting a thing.
But there has to be a way to stop this....oh, lucky me...I haven't been logged out yet...Oh, I will in a min...bet ya!

[color=#707875]There is an option in your user profile which allows you to browse the board with cookies. This option should always be activated if you don't want to be logged out by accident.

In terms of the idea that OB is kicking people off or something...that's not the case. You must remember that people have been having this problem over the course of three different servers; all of them can't be faulty. So, it's not a server problem. I'm more inclined to suggest that it's a problem (or inadequate settings) in certain people's browsers.

Of course, it's hard to say. It could even be a problem with our vB script, but I doubt it. If it were that kind of problem, I suspect that everyone (or more people in general) would have the same problem.

Right now our bandwidth is more than ample. I mean, you could have 20,000 users online right now without any issues occurring. Probably a lot more, at that. So hopefully if you take a look at your user profile, you'll be able to fix the problem.[/color]

That's on all the time in my profile. But, I've only been logged out twice today. Maybe it might be stopping...
But, that does clear up a lot of things. Thanks James. I'll go look in my profile.

A while back when OB was down, a lot of my options were changed. The cookies thing was one of them. So even if you know you never changed that, that's the first thing I'd check if you were having a problem.

It's most likely either your OB options or your browser settings.

If it logs you out when you look at someone's profile, that's definatly because you don't have cookies enabled. Profiles open in a new window so it wouldn't be the window you logged in on. But if it logs you out randomly while you're just browsing...*shrugs* I hope that helps you at least a little bit.

[color=indigo]This has also been happening to me today. I have cookies enabled in my profile, to keep me logged in until I log out (but not to log me in automatically), but it still just logs me out every now and then.[/color]

this might help- i am a member of a site- but i kept getting logged out when i clicked on a link. your computer may be blocking cookies from OB. so go to [b]Tools[/b], [b]Internet options[/b], Privacy Tab and in the Web Sites box click on Edit. type in otakuboards and that should help. that is the setup for XP and should be similar for other OS's. hope this helps- :)