Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
yah this hads been troubling me. theres som wicked cool games out there that i want to play but are rated M. i'm not legaly able to buy a M game and my parents wont let me but i dont see y because i'm not the type of kid who would blow up the school or somthing. please help
Posted
well...you could try to convince them that your matur enough and all that jazz...and if that doesn't work you could follow Penny Arcades advice...

[URL]http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-05-16&res=l[/URL]
Posted
Here is an idea on how to get a Mature game!....Dont!
Not all games out there are good cause their Mature. Its only content. Most Teen games such as..just about all RPGs have a Teen rating and some of them have not a drop of blood in it.
Take Winback for instance. Lots of Violence, guns-a-blazin, stabbin' All that. Not a single drop of blood. My advice!

But if you need a way...Find a cashier who is young and had that very same problem as you a few years ago. OR! Do as I used to do and cover up the rating as you give it to them. Depending on who they are, they may mis-look your antics and scan it on through for ya.
Posted
I find this problem very easy!
Step 1: Save up money.
Step 2: Just go buy it.
Step 3: If parents ask 'bout it, just say you bought it with your own money and say it's not that bad.
Heh... that worked for me... it always does, my parents just said "okay". But yet again they really don't care what I watch or play.. they say I'm old enough and responsible enough... that works for me. Ok, Ok they care but... yeah.
Posted
[COLOR=green]You could always be accompinied by an adult, that will always get you one. If you can't be accompinied by one then I don't think you should get any. But what the heck do I know I am 10. lol[/color]
Guest Fly-T
Posted
I wouldn't know seemingly that im only 15 but i look like im at least 18 or 19....Usually just ask/persuade yo parents to get it for you and give them the money....they'll usually come into getting it for you since they're not coming out the pocket...Not many parents do care what you get when they are not coming out the pocket('cept porno's, condoms, mammary pills, etc......)
Posted
I go to the store all of the time and get M games by myself. Most of the stores that I live near do not really care how old you are. I am suprised if they do where u are. But they really never check so u should not have any problems!
Guest TriGunMaSta68
Posted
My man, just walk in and pick it up from the shelf, walk to counter, give money to the registerdude,walk out.
Oh, and if u got a Best Buy around, they dont care.
Posted
If ur parents are keeping track of all the new games u buy, there really isn't too many ways to buy a rated M game w/out your parents getting mad. Ofcourse, you could always buy it, hide it from your parents, and only play when ur home alone or at a friends house where they may not care as much about playing rated M games.
No matter how old you are, u shouldnt have trouble buying the game. If their suspicious, you could lie and tell them your parents know ur buying the game and they usually(not laways) get off your case. If you can't live with the guilt, wait till your older. If you can, do it at your own risk.
Posted
[size=1][color=blue]You could wait til your 17 or you could just go around to stores and attempt to purchass the game until you luck up and one allows you to.[/size][/color]
Posted
Get a friends older brother or sister (if they have any) to come in the shop with you, and either have them watch you buy it, in which case the shopkeeper should assume that the older brother or sister is a responsible person and knows what they're doing, or get the OboS (much easier to say it that way...) to buy the game using your money. Then you simply hide it when you get home, and like VP-Master said, only play it when your parents are out, or at a friends. Hiding it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just stick it somewhere your parents never go. (Or are afraid to go, in my bedrooms case...:D)

Actually, judging by how tall you are, I think you could probably get away with it. A couple of days ago I bought a few 15+ games, and I'm the same age as you, but alot smaller. (Yeah, I know the GTA games are 18+, or M where you live, but anyway...) If you look mature enough, they shouldn't really have too much of a problem. And if they don't let you, just use the "get the OboS to get it for you" plan, while you stand outside the shop.
Posted
Man, I must be lucky, my mom was there so I could get M rate games (i.e. Twisted Metal Black, Grand Theft Auto: VC) I just had to do some convincing, but my mom is pretty cool about vedio games :D :)
Guest cloud-strife
Posted
hmm I guess you could go to those stupid soccer mom game raters (doesn't really know how to get to em) or you could put yourself up for addoption and look for a rich family that doesn't care what you do. I did( okay not really but still they don't care what I do (alot))
Posted
Hey, this is just my opinion, but most people don't like the M rated games after they buy them. Try renting the one you want first. They all have really good sounding names and descriptions on the box, but most suck and focus on the violence and bloodspray to catch the younger audience.:nervous: :eek: DAMN!!! NO!!! IT TRUE I AM TURNING INTO MY FREAKIN PARENTS!! OH DEAR GOD NO!!!:crying: Ahem... (Brushes self off and straightens tie) Well. Like I said try renting it or getting a friend to buyit so that if it sucks you'r not out 25 bucks. And if its really good, just never give it back :)!
Posted
Weird is there an actual age you have to be to buy mature games? Ive never heard of that and ive been buying mature games since i was like 13 and i looked like i was 10 or something. Ive always looked alot younger than i am i mean im 17 and i look mabye 14 so its would realy piss me off if they said i couldnt buy it just cause of a flipin rating. I mean not letting me buy mature games would make me more likely to blow up the school and stuff.
Posted
The Target store in my area doesn't care, I bought Twisted Metal 4 (which, by the way, sucks) 3-4 months ago, and I was 11. Try Target or an all electronics store, that should work.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest King_Cloud690
Posted
No store really does care! I mean the only store that cares is Funcoland cuz I went there wit my mom once and got an M game and he brought up the fact that its M and stuff and said npo! Thats just STUPID! But I dont go their no more! I got a gamestop down da street! They dont care!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...