Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
why can't you tell your family??? are they the type of people that are absolutely horrofied of gay people?

[size=1][color=red]and yes i know this is a short post.[/size][/color]
Posted
it depends on what they are like. Are they your traditional family who....how to say..suns gayness? Or is one thjat woulsn't care? My advice:

(suns gayness) Sit them down, and tell them easily. Like, 'what would you do if you found out that a close friend of your was gay?' and just..work up to it

9doesn't mind) blunt tell them. Sit them down and say it.

May not work..but that's what i'd do
Posted
I'd keep it hush-hush for a few years, then I'd bring over my boyfriend and when they started to freak out I'd say we talked about it a few years back and say they were cool with it. Try that. I would and my parents would fall for it.
Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]Ok, ok, ok. Here we go. I'm currently going through the same thing.

Ok, yes, Zach is bisexual. There. I said it. I have been for two years now. I haven't told anyone in RL, and don't plan to anyways for a while.

Well, Gargoyle God, lying isn't an option.

Just give it some time and when you know you need to, tell them. It's alot simpler that way.

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Logan [/i]
[B][size=1][color=000066][b]Ok, yes, Zach is bisexual. There. I said it.[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][size=1]*grins* You sound like the world is going to jump down your throat for it my friend ^_^

No, but seriously, your profile says you're about 20 going on 21 this year. Perhaps you should just out with it. You're old enough now to know what you're talking about. If you really are gay, and if you [b]know[/b] you are - then the best way to do it would be to just say so. Your parents may be "disappointed" (if that's the kind of people they are), but it's better that way than trying to pretend you're something you're not...

What matters at the end of the day is that you're happy. Your family don't have to live with your sexual orientation... [i]you do[/i]... (and your partner ;)) So your welfare goes before theirs...

I dunno if that's helped, but I'm very truthful with my own parents, so that's what I'd do ^_^;;[/size][/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=000066][b]I seriously doubt his parents are that stupid anyways. That is exactly what you're calling them, which is actually an insult. Lying is not the way to go.

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
I'm not calling them bad names, I'm just saying they might forget. Mine would. Anyways, this is neither yours nor my thread so lets stop and just give the guy some help and don't say anything about anyone elses post because its all help.
Posted
[quote]you see my problem is that im gay and i cant tell my family


please help!![/quote] Whoa, that was straight and to the point! -well, not straight... :D What kind of "help" are you looking for?
Posted
I would just tell them.
They're your parents
They love you no matter what. They might not accept it right away, but you have to give them time.
You'll feel so much better after telling them instead of keeping it bottled up.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by harpiesbrother1 [/i]
[B]you see my problem is that im gay and i cant tell my family


please help!! [/B][/QUOTE]
Don't tell them.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gargoyle God [/i]
[B]I'd keep it hush-hush for a few years, then I'd bring over my boyfriend and when they started to freak out I'd say we talked about it a few years back and say they were cool with it. Try that. I would and my parents would fall for it....
.... I'm not calling them bad names, I'm just saying they might forget. Mine would.[/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]0_o' that's probably one of [i]the[/i] worst ways you could go about doing it. the bringing over the boyfriend without warning part was bad enough, but trying to make up a lie as unbelievably.....unbelievable as that to try smoothing things over blows it out of water. though your parents might somehow 'forget' if you were to tell them something that significant, that doesn't mean that his parents would.

anywho, you really don't have to tell your family that you're gay if you don't want to, you being an adult and whatnot. but if you do want them to know, try inviting them over to your house ([i]without[/i] your boyfriend there :cross:, since they might be rude about it, and he wouldn't deserve that), and just straight out tell them. you don't necessarily have to give them the nitty-gritty, but if they have any questions, be honest with your answers. once they're okay with the fact that you're gay, suggest that they meet your boyfriend, if you think it would be okay. if they don't accept how you are, then they'll just have to deal with it, I guess.

good luck!
[/FONT]
Guest TriGunMaSta68
Posted
Well man, just say that you arent intrested in women and feel you like men more can u no they cant blame you, its ur life, ur business so u u shouldnt care what they say, its what u think that counts
Posted
[size=0] [color=silver] Well first off, if your parents dislike homosexuals, then say it as calmly as you can, and if they get angry, or decide to disown you, atleast they know, and they will probably comearound if they don't right away. but if they get angry, then be patient and wait, and they should comearound, b/c u are their son and all...

however:it'll be much easier to tell them if they are the type of ppl who dont care about a person's sexuality, if that's the case, tell them straight out that you are gay, and they will probably be shocked for a second, but they won't care. [/color] [/size]
Posted
Take a deep breath, and sit down with them and talk to them quietly. You might want to have a friend there to support you, (I suggest not your partner, cause it's going to be a shock to them finding out that you are gay, but you might want to ease them into it, and to take a giant leap.) Hope this helps.
Posted
everyones saying that you should sit down and talk to your parents, but if you dont feel comfortable doing that, try e-mailing them or writing them a letter or something like that so if theyre mad they can have time to cool off and take in the information without you around and then maybe you could talk to them about it. if they love you theyll let you live your life like you want to.
Posted
No offence to anyone here....but I think asking for help on [I]this[/I] type of message board is the wrong place to go for advice.

Try looking online for boards and communities owned/opperated by homosexuals that offer advice columns about things like this. Ask them. They've gone through this before, they have a better clue as to how you can let your family (and friends, if you're having trouble there too) know without creating a horrific rift.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...