darkside Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 I have a heart murmur nothing mojor that we know of.:demon:
Patronus Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [size=1][color=000066][b]Heart murmurs are very, very rarely known to be serious...My cousin has had one her whole life. -L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
Evisoun Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [quote]So whats the problem then?[/quote] It's not giving him enough attention.
RicoTranzrig Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [COLOR=darkblue]It's when the valves in your heart don't close properly and they leak blood...back or forth or both creating backpressure and blood collection, which can lead to other things. My family has that condition...I used to have a mild condition of that until I started to get in shape. Strengthening your heart usually helps out through some cardio-vascular exercises. Check with your doctor.[/COLOR]
PiroMunkie Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [size=1]I have a friend who has one of those, he has had it ever since I can remember. It is really nothing serious. My other friends and I would always pick on him because of it, lol. Whenever he would irritate us we could simply punch him in the chest right over his heart and he would have to stop for a while because his heart would act up. He is still very alive and well to this day. So I really think you have nothing to worry about.[/size]
Guest Taylor Hewitt Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 If you want to have a stronger heart... go hiking! I went today for a good few hours and it really got my heart pumping! Mountain hiking that is. Yep! In Quebec! w00t
PiroMunkie Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt[/i] [B]If you want to have a stronger heart... go hiking! I went today for a good few hours and it really got my heart pumping! Mountain hiking that is. Yep! In Quebec! w00t[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]Actually, if he is anything like my friend that will only make it act up, lol. Of course it never stopped my friend from doing anything risky such as climbing, hiking, wrestling, etc. He actually wants to go into the military or become and FBI agent. o_O[/size]
Harry Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][size=1] He actually wants to go into the military or become and FBI agent. o_O[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Army doesn't take kindly to people with heart murmurs. You might as well destroy his dreams right now.
Shinken Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 Heart murmur isn't much in most cases; most people will have it their whole life and not know it. Don't stress over it too much.
Mist Posted July 30, 2003 Posted July 30, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Evisoun [/i] [B]It's not giving him enough attention. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson][size=1] *falls over laughing*[/color][/size]
terra Posted July 30, 2003 Posted July 30, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][size=1]Whenever he would irritate us we could simply punch him in the chest right over his heart and he would have to stop for a while because his heart would act up. He is still very alive and well to this day.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] You seem to have been a somewhat cruel kid. :p Anyway, I had a heart murmur for a while as well. The doctor looked very serious when he told me and said he would be keeping an eye on it, so I went in for a couple more tests, extremely worried. About ten years later I am perfectly fine, exercise/eat whenever/whatever I want, etc. As many other people have said, they very seldom develop into anything serious.
Corey Posted July 30, 2003 Posted July 30, 2003 So? If your heart murmurs tell it to shut up, you're trying to sleep.
Baron Samedi Posted July 30, 2003 Posted July 30, 2003 uuh. This isn't very nice really, but i feel a bit less than sympathetic. If you seemed to be that worried about it, then you would of put a bit more depth into your post. And the evil smiley would be absent. It seems to me that you just wanted to put up this post to get attention, or just to say. And if you created it just to say so, then it is a slightly pointless post. Maybe we should start a thread titled "Been sick/ Got a health problem?" Then i could say that i have had an asthma attack, have a cold, stubbed my toe....~_^ get the idea?? I am sorry that you are plagued by this condition, but from what most of the people here have said, it isnt that big a deal. And your post was pretty poor in detail. And emotion. Im sure i would be a bit worried if it was me, but seriously... you dont seem to care... so why should we? I hope that it is nothing serious, however i am sure you can see my point...? Anyway I think that you will like OB. iv only been here a while, but i like it.
darkside Posted July 31, 2003 Author Posted July 31, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i] [B][COLOR=darkblue]It's when the valves in your heart don't close properly and they leak blood...back or forth or both creating backpressure and blood collection, which can lead to other things. My family has that condition...I used to have a mild condition of that until I started to get in shape. Strengthening your heart usually helps out through some cardio-vascular exercises. Check with your doctor.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] I ran crosscounty until I knew about this.! more thin my life could be in danger and some of you are poking fun?
Baron Samedi Posted July 31, 2003 Posted July 31, 2003 Either you are really in a temper, or you cant spell. 'thin', is presumably 'than'. everyone here has said that there is not a big danger. Maybe try to stop worrying, and believe them. as my mother would say 'Take some big breaths. In through your mouth, out through your nose'. And if you are that worried, just sit on your couch for the rest of eternity. and dont watch scary movies....
Delian Posted July 31, 2003 Posted July 31, 2003 Honestly if you're looking after yourself, then a heart murmur is no threat. I've had it for years and it hasn't gotten in the way of my health. You mentioned that you do cross country running...well keep doing it. Cardio-vascular excercise is one of the best ways to keep your heart and lungs strong. Just don't smoke anything and i'm sure you'll be fine...Worrying and stressing will only makes things worse, which you really don't need.
darkside Posted August 1, 2003 Author Posted August 1, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i] [B]Either you are really in a temper, or you cant spell. 'thin', is presumably 'than'. everyone here has said that there is not a big danger. Maybe try to stop worrying, and believe them. as my mother would say 'Take some big breaths. In through your mouth, out through your nose'. And if you are that worried, just sit on your couch for the rest of eternity. and dont watch scary movies.... [/B][/QUOTE] I ment thing I type too fast.
Baron Samedi Posted August 1, 2003 Posted August 1, 2003 No. You meant 'than'. thing is wrong. "more thing my life could be in danger" ? doesnt sound right does it... "more than my life could be in danger" much better...grammatically of course...
Charlie Levoy Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 All you need to do is take care of your self. Anothering is don't let control your life and try to live your life to the best of your knowledge. I knew this one guy who was told that he was going to die at the age of 6 from a very seriouse disease. He is now 26 and still kicking. He takes care of him self and lives his life to the fullest. Granted that if he gets a cold he ends up in the hospital but, after a few weeks he gets right back up and keeps on living. Now that's what you need to do. If a guy with a very seriouse disease ,a more seriouse condition than yours I might add, can fight for his life and keep on living then so can you. Of course if you don't believe me then ignore my post and pretend that I never gave you any advice.
Charlie Levoy Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charlie Levoy [/i] Anothering is don't let control your life and try to live your life to the best of your knowledge. :laugh: I meant "Another thing is don't let it control your live and try to live your life to the best of your knowledge." Sometimes I get ahead of my self when typeing. Sorry about that.:)
Patronus Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 [size=1][color=000066][b]Um, no double posting...please... Anyways, I think this could be an attempt to get attention, or just so you can get some pity. -L/Z[/b][/color][/size]
LostProphet Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 I know I feel better after I excersize...try it yourself....even just pushups and situps will work PLUS you build muscle....
Charlie Levoy Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Logan [/i] [B][size=1][color=000066][b]Um, no double posting...please... Anyways, I think this could be an attempt to get attention, or just so you can get some pity. -L/Z[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Thanks for the reminder. I just wanted to correct my mistake. Unfortunatley I for got that we were'nt allowed to double post. As for the subject at hand. You could be right and in that case I kinda regret giving my advice. :smirk: I hope your wrong.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now