Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, I've been snoboarding for five years now and everywhere I went snowboarding the skiers are nice,but in the movies the are alwys competing agianst eachother and they are :cussing: at each other too.Anyone noticed that and if you've seen "Snowboard Acdemdey" you know what i'm talking about. there was this one place i went to that was like :bash:.anyone seen that happen before?
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Hmm... Actually, I've never really seen much tension between them at all. oO;

I do both, though some of my friends only snowboard or ski. And they get along just fine. Even when I go to ski resorts, they never really seem to mind. In fact, I've only seen snowboarders and skiiers argue/dislike each other in movies and TV shows. Never in real life, yet, actually. :sweat:[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=ff00cc] [size=1]

I do both...[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]


[color=crimson][size=1] *cocks eyebrow*


Yeah right.

I've never done any of them seeing as ten years of my life was wasted in the poophole called Arkansas.

[sarcasm]I've seen Johnny Tsunami though, so I'd imagine there's gotta be [i]some[/i] tension. [/sarcasm][/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1] Johnny Tsunami was a stupid movie.

Moving on. I learned how to ski first, and I throrouhgly enjoyed it, but I started learning how to snowboard about five years back. It's also very fun, and I'd have to say I like snowboarding better. BUT, skiing is extremely fun as well. Just depends on what you like.[/size]
Posted
Heh, I've [I]done[/I] both. I definately don't [I]do[/I] both.

I've never seen any antagonism between boarders and skiers, myself.
Posted
Well, here in this ittle uuh. place that i live, there aint snow. i would love to Snowboard, but my conditions deny me the pleasure. I envy you all ginormously. Big much i envy you. i hope one day to Snowboard. at this stage i opt for Board over skis
Guest Fiasco
Posted
I've skied and snowboarded. I love snowboarding, hate skiing to death. It's annoying and too easy. Snowboarding gives me a challenge, heh, and I'm pretty good at it too :)
Guest cloricus
Posted
SKIERS ARE EVIL!!!

No question about it...
Posted
[color=teal][font=garamond]

It is another case of who is better, and it is just immature if you ask me. Just like skaters and bikers. Some people label themselves and then argue with others just because one skies and one snowboards, yet they probably aren't any good. Maybe they are. It is just stupid. Personally, I have never seen this in real life, but friends who are big time snowboarders or skiers talk about it all of the time and it is just annoying. [/color][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fiasco [/i]
[B]I've skied and snowboarded. I love snowboarding, hate skiing to death. It's annoying and too easy. Snowboarding gives me a challenge, heh, and I'm pretty good at it too :) [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=royalblue]Mmm, have you ever done cross country? I do it with my mother every winter, and afterwards, we are sore and victorious. Mostly because cross country is one of the hardest snow involved activities you can do, besides shoveling it. There's no major slope, just flat land you have to push yourself through. You want a challenge? Cross country is a challenge. Thank you.[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1] Cross-country is evil. I almost died when I did that with my family. But, it is a huge challenge, a lot more challenging then snowboarding...skiing can as much a challenge as snowboarding. It depends on the person.[/size]
Posted
I went to Heavenly at Lake Tahoe, CA. It is mostly skiers thereand they weren't very nice to the snowboarders. I know because I am snowboarder.
Posted
[size=1] Yeah, some places don't like snowboarders and some places don't like skiers. I really think it's stupid, actually. I went to some skiing resort in Utah once and they wouldn't even let me bring my snowboard in.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Demon-Kitty 9 [/i]
[B]they are just bloody stupid. who they think they are, ay skiers!:bash:they should be nicer to us snowboarders.:lecture: [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=royalblue]I beg your pardon. I am not bloody stupid and I am nice to snowboarders. But snowboarders that insult me and try to lecture me get squished, and then impaled with my pole.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]It would be wise to listen to Raiha....she speaks the truth.....*winces and looks at the two ski poles stuck in him*

Nah but were I go there is like huge tension everyone snowboarder hates the skiers and visa versa. Only at the slops of course. I mean if a skier is skiing and a boarder comes by the skier will try and trip the boarder, its REALLY stupid. I just kinda stay out of it, I'm in one of the few groups there that chills with either.

Oh yeah I'm a boarder and I love it! So fun, never tried skiing though so can't say if I like it or hate it![/COLOR]
Guest Renegade V2
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ryan [/i]
[B][color=teal][font=garamond]

It is another case of who is better, and it is just immature if you ask me. Just like skaters and bikers. Some people label themselves and then argue with others just because one skies and one snowboards, yet they probably aren't any good. Maybe they are. It is just stupid. Personally, I have never seen this in real life, but friends who are big time snowboarders or skiers talk about it all of the time and it is just annoying. [/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

This coming from the person who was all

"I'm a sk8ter...preps are stoopid"

In the Christmas topic.

-----

I've tried neither, sking looks ******* stupid and so does snowboarding. You are strapped to the board, HOW EASY IS THAT?

(ps: Jhonny Tsunami is an awesome movie)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]Mmm, have you ever done cross country? I do it with my mother every winter, and afterwards, we are sore and victorious. Mostly because cross country is one of the hardest snow involved activities you can do, besides shoveling it. There's no major slope, just flat land you have to push yourself through. You want a challenge? Cross country is a challenge. Thank you.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal][font=garamond]

That actually sounds fun. I run cross country at school. I know they aren't the same thing, but I like to use my legs so I might try that next winter.[/color][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...