Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1] Thought of putting all my sketches in a thread, so I could look back on them every now and then.

First one is a bunch of sketches of a boy playing violin. My sister thought I could design the high-school's orchestra T-shirt, so I'm trying it out.

Surprisingly, drawing a person playing violin/viola/cello is hard. [very] At least for me, it is.

[IMG]http://maladjusted161.250free.com/artwork/sketches/violinist.jpg[/IMG]
If anyone has any suggestions for me to draw, they'd be appreciated.

[/size]
Posted
Hey! Don't worry about that b/c if they turn you down for that then they are incredibly stupid! You are very talented! I don't see why they would turn you down!

Love, Kaola
Posted
I like the way they look all sketchy like that. The no-face thing looks great. That, on a shirt, would look a lot better than the shirts the band kids at my high school made. They would always just have big letters on the back saying some kind of inside joke that only band kids understood.
Posted
[size=1]Very nice job. I like the one playing the violin in the chair. That one is very nice. Great job, I think you should sketch in eyes though. Eh well... nice job and keep it up. 8/10.[/size]
Posted
'kay, I'm a big orchestra freak, and it always pisses me off that NO anime has a violinist with good posture. Yours is WAY better in comparison. The hand holding the bow is flat, not humped like that, though, and get that violin UP!!!!! They look like fiddlers and will rub their necks raw (trust me). The end with the chinrest is slightly larger than the other end of the violin, just fyi.
Just keep at the violin! It'll get easier when you study violins.
Posted
[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by klinanime1 [/i]
[B]'kay, I'm a big orchestra freak, and it always pisses me off that NO anime has a violinist with good posture. Yours is WAY better in comparison. The hand holding the bow is flat, not humped like that, though, and get that violin UP!!!!! They look like fiddlers and will rub their necks raw (trust me). The end with the chinrest is slightly larger than the other end of the violin, just fyi.
Just keep at the violin! It'll get easier when you study violins. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lmao, thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Keyblade told me the same thing when I posted some other violinists. Heh, I play the cello so I guess I don't know how to draw correct violin postures. :D[/size]
Posted
yeh.. you are a stupid 8th grader with kick a** style XD I like the way you draw, it's cool. i agree with the ppl there, i like the one on the chair :D (cus it's like, front view)

I am a violin freak too.. but I only knew one pic that has a good violin on it (I think it's Touya, dunno the name, from CCS?) but anyway.

i attached a sketch of Aurora (always her -.-''') holding a violin. It was originally the manga cover, but then it made the manga look like a romance so i abandoned it =\ I used a real violin for the ref of the position tho XD before i used the ref the violin was smaller.

... yeh and ignore the eyes.
Posted
agreed. That's good pic of the girl w/the violin, Mystikal. The bow hold... eh... It doesn't look like she's playing hard, so i don't think that hold is necessary. Awe, man. This is making me want to go see if i can still draw a person with a violin. *wanders off looking for a pencil, and then gets clobbered by mother to practice violin*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...