Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
What do you do, or want to do when you get out of school?
I am a writer right now and I take care of old people and babysit sometimes, but thats not what I want to do once I get out of school. I want be a computer programmer or make videogames or something.
Posted
[color=purple] Hmmm... we recently had a thread called careers... o well :D. Seeing as im 13 and i dont have a job, besides being a student, when i get out ot school i want to be a botanist. yay for plants!!! [/color]
Posted
Wow, I have never met a thirteen year old who wanted to be a botanist. That's really interesting. Everybody usually wants to be a zookeeper because they like things that move around and don't just sit there.
Posted
[color=purple] I decided on botanist after a school project i had to do on plants. Also i want to be a botanist because i wanted to do somthing in the feild of science but, i dont like being bitten by animals and i dont enjoy blood! :D And, plants dont bite or bleed so.. yeah. :D [/color]
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]I want to be a Professional Football player, and a Astronomer when I get older. Im only 13, and I already have everything planned out.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
Well where I live, in eighth grade you get to make four year plan. That includes your career and all of the classes you are going to take through high school. State requirements.
Posted
Cartoonist. I'm 16, and I'm starting on it already. I have this grand scheme (which will never work) for getting my name out. Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to write, but it never worked right because I couldn't get description down right. It was too much or too little. So I figure if I draw... and write only the dialogue... perfect.

^-^
Posted
Good idea skyrose. I thought about doing that too, but I decided not to because I really like the idea of using your imagination to picture what the characters will look like and everything, with the help of some description of course, but I've never really had much of a problem with that.
Posted
I am a professional hacker and virus protection system creator. I work for a few companies and it is very frustrating around this time of year. The reason it is frustrating, is that I have to deal with a lot of viruses aroung the time before people go back to school.
Posted
I'm currently studying radio and TV broadcasting, but I really want to be a voice actor. Acting is my dream, and if I can't do that, I want a career to fall back on that will still allow me to be in the entertainment business.

I currently have no job, but I'm hoping to get hired by somebody in the near future.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]I'm currently studying radio and TV broadcasting, but I really want to be a voice actor. Acting is my dream, and if I can't do that, I want a career to fall back on that will still allow me to be in the entertainment business.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]*high-fives*

That's pretty much my dream. Though, it's not like I'm going to just go to auditions 24/7. I want to go to law school after college, and become a lawyer. My parents seem to think I'd make a good lawyer. But I really want to take theater/go to acting school between cases, since I'm really fascinated by theater, and acting.

*plops stack of scripts on desk* x.x;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]Thats interesting Juu. Theater is pretty cool, and to be a Radio and/or TV broadcastor would be fun.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
[size=1] Voice acting would be my dream job, I think I would enjoy it. A lot. :P And then there's my fantasy dream that I become the creator of a famous anime, but....you know. ^_^;;

But I have always considered being a writer since I was a book-a-holic when I was young. I've polished my writings skills ever since I've been taking SAT tutors and the class I attented at TIP. [talent indentification program] So...I hope to do well in the LA department at school. My last year's LA teacher disliked me and I disliked her. She had a tendancy to embarass me and some other guy in front of the whole class with private issues. I think she's racist. O_O lol

When I was little, I always wanted to become some surgen, but now it's the job that's definately in the 'NO' section.[/size]
Posted
Well right now I'm 13, but I already have a job. I work at a pool down the street, but since I'm so young I can only clean and swim ((for free, you have to pay 2 bucks to get)) before hours :D.
But when I grow up is a whole different story. For some reason I want to go into advertisement, it's a little odd for me though, cause I'm going from outside fun to cold office, oh well
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]I guess you can say I already have a Job, because I am always babysitting Imnot sure if it counts though. I get paid for it, but I always spend it by the end of the week. [/color][/size][/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Meteora [/i]
[B][color=green][size=1][i]I want to be a Professional Football player, and a Astronomer when I get older. Im only 13, and I already have everything planned out.[/color][/size][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]yeah, and you'll probably have everything planned out at ten other different times within the next fifteen years, too.

anywho, I'm not really quite sure what exactly I want to do career-wise. all I'm fairly sure about is that I want to do something with a Sociology major, but that could go a number of ways.[/FONT]
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]No I'm serious I want tobe those things. I have wanted to be a football player and Sceintist since forever. And it has never changed once.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Meteora [/i]
[B][color=green][size=1][i]No I'm serious I want tobe those things. I have wanted to be a football player and Sceintist since forever. And it has never changed once.[/color][/size][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]
You could probably be one, but not both; at least not at the same time. Both are full-time careers. As a professional football player, the only time you'd have to be an astronomer is when you're not playing, on the road, or training. You could only pursue a science career between seasons, and that just wouldn't work out.

On the other hand, you could get your degree in astronomy, and when you're too old or injured to play football, concentrate on a career in science. You could do both, but I doubt you could do them at the same time. Have you ever heard of a pro football player with a second job? And doing soup commercials doesn't count.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Marron347 [/i]
[B]Why are there more viruses right before people go back to school? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well it is because most of the viruses are made by High School people. So they work on the viruses all summer then they release them. I am usaully getting ready all summer then I have to battle the viruses. I took down 56 viruses alone last year, then I took down 156 with help from my friend. So that is why most of the viruses come at the end of summer break.

-Thomas (Breakdown) Johnson
Posted
I wanna be an actor, definately. Woohoo for me ^_^ Writing and drawing is fun too, but I'm not gonna make it my main profession. Maybe a side thing to write books.

My current job: eating fuzz under the refrigerator
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]hmm....well, i love babies!! ^_^:love:
so, i think i want to be a maturnity nurse ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]Hehehe...thats great. You sure you don't want to be a catholic priest?*cough*:naughty: :confused: *cough*

fantastic.

Anyways, I am going to be a drummer, for a really kick *** rock band. Thats would be absolutely brilliant. I play everday for about an hour at minimum, so I'm happy with how thats going.
If that don't happen. Either a teacher or a psychologist would be my career path. Sure its not fame and fortune and all that stuff, but I'd be more then happy with it.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...