OtakuBoards

Reputations

Jubei Yagyou

Reputations... the get in the way of everything. They can cause you to be popular or the biggest jerk in the world. The worst thing about reputations is the relationship thing. Reputations give you things and take them away. For instance its hard for me to get a relationship because of my reputation for hanging out with my friends that are kinda obnoxious (Not you tw34ky I mean mat and tony). So how do you get rid of it? Should I wait until high school when nobody knows me then start a clean slate? What should I do?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jubei Yagyou [/i]
[B] So how do you get rid of it? Should I wait until high school when nobody knows me then start a clean slate? What should I do? [/B][/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Wait for high school, switch schools, move to another country, kill yourself and reincarnate as someone else...

Reputations don't matter. If someone won't date you because of who you hang out with, you don't need them anyway.

Smile at those who spite you, and give them a kind word, or a blessing. They may continue to talk about you, but they will never be able to give a good reason for it.

-Justin

thats really deep Justin. I agree, if a person won't date you becasue of who you hang with, then there not for you and aren't worth the trouble. Love will come your way eventually. Wow, i should start a love hotline.

Guest Magdalena
Why care what others think of you? If someone is going to like you, they are going to like you for who you are and not who you hang out with.

I'm known at my school as bein' a bad *** babe who will kill anyone who's brave enough to annoy me for long (I had a rage problem when the rumors went out). In company with family, I'm known as a timid little teen who's to shy to even talk about her day. With friends... I'm just a suger high girl with a cute face, but a menacing temper.

As you can see, I don't act the same around everyone. Oh, for those of you who want to know, when I'm around strangers, I'll give 'em the finger if they look at me for more than 15 seconds. Well, that's me! Laterzez!

~Lalalalalalala~

[color=purple] Hmmm... At school im known as the Anime loving cyinical, scarcastic, at times sugar high violinist (sometimes b****y :rolleyes:. (im also a schoolie because im in magnet (accellerated math, science and core classes)) At home im known as the very head-strong, responsible, oldest child. To strangers im kinda quiet and shy than after a while i begin to open up and get all hyper. So thats me. [/color]

It probably shows how much I worry about what people think of me that I don't actually know entirely what my reputation is. I think it changes depending on what group of people you ask. Those who can remember the bad old days may have a totally different view of me than those who know me now. And then there are the chosen few who frankly know me better than I do.

So my reputation changes a lot depending on who you ask. If you want a better one, make it obvious you've changed. It'll come. Often it may come without you noticing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]thats really deep Justin. I agree, if a person won't date you becasue of who you hang with, then there not for you and aren't worth the trouble. Love will come your way eventually. Wow, i should start a love hotline. [/B][/QUOTE]

Jesus gave it to me. :)

The idea of keeping a 'good rep' seriously is a waste of good stress. You miss out on so much fun when you worry about that junk.

People need to learn what it really means to live.

-Justin

[size=1]I defy definition.

Actually, I don't know that most people are fully aware that I exist. I don't have a reputation for being particularly smart or funny....or anything else. I hang out with a select group of people, and spend pretty much all my time with them. I don't think anyone outside the Usual Suspects has any reason to think of me at all.[/size]

hmmmm....i think its weird, how somtimes what you think of yourself, what others think of you, and what you really are can somtimes be very different (i think thats called private self, public self, and ideal self...hey, i remembered somthing from psyc!!)

Guest Fiasco
Well, I'm going to a new school so I hope I can change what I left in my old school, first I started as the annoying nerd kid. Then went to the popular kid that no one talks to and finally came to finish off as GOTH. When in reality, I wasn't goth at all, but my school is idiotic.

But at my new school, I want to change and try to get friends.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jubei Yagyou [/i]
[B] So how do you get rid of it? Should I wait until high school when nobody knows me then start a clean slate? What should I do? [/B][/QUOTE]
That's basically it. That's why you have to make a real great first impression on someone because they will remember you as the "moron" "loser" "annoying bastard" for the rest of your life.

My rep. well i don't know. Im a bit of a squid (smart), havce quite a few friends, but hang out on my own. Not popular, but not un-popular. Some people think im cool, some people dont. Depends who i am with as well. I have about 3 close friends.. and only one goes to my school. Damn. Im a bot of a loner.... jubei.... i dont know.. i am in a position at my new school, and worry too much to do anything about it.. so i cant really give you advice..

Guest Forbidden One
[color=blue]I honestly don't think you should worry about something as trivial as reputations. If you live your life living in fear of what others will think of you, then you will forever be shackled to failure and conforming to society not because you want to change but because society wants you to.

In lamen terms, don't worry about it; reputations come and go just like the seasons.
[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Reputations don't matter. [/B][/QUOTE]
Actually they do. They do a lot. I agree this thing that if girls won't go out with you because of your friends it's rather stupid (unless you're friends are like crazed rapists), but following the "it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you" idea will only hurt you.

Guest Magdalena
Hahahaha my reputation. Hahhahahaha.

Actually, I'm known as the innocent one, because people who don't know me think I havent done a thing wrong in my life. Yes, reputations can hurt someone, but only if you let it get to you. Or unless you have crazed enemies.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Logan [/i]
[B][size=1][color=700000][b]lol, yeah wristcutter.

Face it. You can't get rid of a reputation...that's why it's a reputation.

Leh[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]Actually, you can, I did anyway.

I started at a new school, and I've actually gone from high grades to low grades, to twice as many friends, and much more well-known around the place. Really nice, except I'm really struggling in my rades, and I'm trying to pick them up.. unfortunately, studying late at night doesn't stick too well to a good reputation.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Reputations don't matter. If someone won't date you because of who you hang out with, you don't need them anyway.

Smile at those who spite you, and give them a kind word, or a blessing. They may continue to talk about you, but they will never be able to give a good reason for it.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

It is hard to ignore what others say about you.