OtakuBoards

Why did you choose your screen name?

EdtheHackerGirl

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and a friend of mine are working on a TV show script just for the heck of it since we seriously doubt that it will ever really be on the air. Any way we had created two main characters that some what describes us and gave them names. Mine was Charlie Levoy and her's was Katalina Lancet. Any way when I came across this web site I desided to join. When I went to pick a name I didn't know which nickname I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use. I have so many of them from different people so I decided to choose from my most common ones. Which was Charlie Levoy (Charlie or Char for short) and Luna. So I went with the relistic one. Long story huh?:cool:

I chose mine from Lord of the Rings backstory. Radaghst the Brown, a member of the Istari; which is a group of five demi-gods, also known as Maiar. They are only five, but there are a good number of other Maiar. The other two I know of are Saurman the White, and Gandalf the Grey. He now lives in the forest of Greenwood, now known as Mirkwood. And I believe he was present at the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, during the War of the Jewels, but I'm not entirely sure.

[COLOR=crimson]Well, i picked this SN because its also my nickname in real life. I have people constantly asking me how it came to be my name though ^_^

First off-I dislike my real name very much so its "Ami" and i really only like using it for legal papers and whatever. so yeah anyway. Onto the birth of my nickname! *cackles*

Me and Braidless Baka, RP online alot and i prefer to ropleplay as a guy instead of a female O_o im not exactly sure why, i just think its soo much cooler being a bishounen. So when we met up on one random sunday she said to me "so what are you a bishoujou or bishounen?" she was joking of course..and my reply to it was "Im nothing..just..Bishie!" so it kinda stuck, there are variations too sometimes im "Bish" Ever since then all my close friends started calling me it and when i moved to america i told everyone to call me it too because i'd much rather be called that than my real name ^_^

Im also known as "shin" in the chatroom that im a reg in lol[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Well, when I joined WebRing, I couldn't think of a name and I was playing Chrono Cross at the time and I used Harle's Lvl. 7 tech, Luminaratic(what a word!). And, I got this great idea to use it as my name there.
Then I joined my friend's message board and I used the name Sonic Sword, Glenn's Lvl. 5 tech skill in Chrono Cross.
And, then when I joined OB, I looked through the tech skills and considered a few, but my favorite tech skill in the whole game was Luminaire, Serge's Lvl. 5 tech. So, I used that name, and I have used it everywhere since. I still love the name now.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

You know, if I got a dollar for everytime somebody thought my screen name was a reference to manic depression or a manic-high caused by bi-polar syndrome, I'd finally be able to afford a new PC.

Anyway, I'm one of the 3 people on Earth who enjoyed watching [i]Sonic Underground[/i]. Manic, Sonic's brother with super-fast hands, was my favorite character. He played the drums, had piercings, and used to be a pick-pocket.

A few years ago, I started using the name Manic-Hedgehog in chat rooms. Then I started using Manic-Webb. A few months ago, I changed my OB name to Manic. My MyOtaku name is Manic Webb.

Watch the movie "Legend" with tom cruise when he was like 20. It is a movie with faries and a giant demon looking dude. The movie scared the **** out of me and enchanted me at the same time. It's a classic. If you listen carefully, the first goblin in the movie is named Drix, he's really badass, killed a unicorn. So I figured I'd pick up the name. He's even got a wicked little poem he says (i should post that in my sig).

Anyway, it was an impulsive on-the-spur moment because I usually go by the handle fat_clown in all the computer games/forums/email services i use (i'm not fat, nor am i a clown; long story).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=ff00cc] [size=1]Well, BabyGirl and Mist were taken, so I ended up using my middle name instead. ^ ...^;;;[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][color=deeppink]
Hey, good idea....next time I'll have to use mine, but mine is [i]way[/i] hard to pronounce! ^.^ ((Middle name= Micaela))[/font][/color]

I picked my name because in my tekken phase I drew a picture of this girl and named her shahimitu(as you can see I'm a youshimitu fan)then when I started looking at yu yu hakusho so I added her in to one of my fanfics as hiei's cousin then I started to look at Inuyasha and so on soon I shortend the name to shahi and liked the name so I used it

I write original stories, and of all of the characters I've made up DVL Catere is my favorite. And her personality is pretty close to mine, actually (except I don't have a huge axe or psychic abilities). So when I got around to picking screen names, for lack of a better idea I used her name.