Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
:( [color=cc99ff]okay...this is my plan. when im older, i wanna take some technology classes, some music classes, then move to japan to work for square by composing music for video games....sound good?....my dad wont alow it. he says i shouldn't move to japan. what should i do?:confused: [/color]
Posted
You [i]shouldn't[/i] move to Japan.

Obviously your dad can't control you by the time you're actually ABLE to live there by yourself, so you can try for it if you want.

But I don't understand why everyone has this need to live in Japan to do what they want to do... can't you make music for video games here?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Haruko_Kagome [/i]
[B][color=cc99ff]:therock:hmm...i dont know i just feel like i have to live there...its just something i have to do...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

If you didn't like anime and/or play Final Fantasy I don't think you'd be just mysteriously drawn to Japan.

I'm sorry, your plans for your future are not very logical and seem more like "my dream of the month" rather than some lifelong calling.
Posted
Uh well, when you're grown up, you're dad can't make you do anything, or in this case, NOT do anything. He has no power over your life after you turn 18.

Now that I've established this, whats the problem?
Posted
You run your own life, not your dad. take this word of advice:

"TIMSHEL"

it means: "thou mayst" forgive the spelling of mayst, but it means no regrets, live your own life.
Posted
[color=indigo]I have absolutly no idea why people want to move overseas to Japan, an over populated tiny country where the majority of people look down on you, when can just move to NYC...an over populated city where the majority of people look down on you, and avoid having to apply for a visa.

[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]*grins at HC* Heh. That's great.

As has been stated... When you are old enough to do such a thing, your father doesn't have control of where you live.

As for living in Japan...ah...

Whatever floats yer boat, kiddo. I wouldn't go there for the sole purpose of composing music, but eh.[/size]
Posted
I don't know why so many people think Japan is a dream place to live thanks to the videogames and anime. This isn't a fantasy world.

You're a gaijin. You aren't going to get any creative sort of job there, especially working for established companies like Square. It's near impossible. In the entire century long history of Nintendo, they've had only like two non-Japanese people work in their homeland headquarters.

You could find teaching jobs or PR jobs or travel/hotel jobs or something else in that field... but Japanese culture is never going to just assimiliate you into itself. You can't just be shipped there and expect to just fit in and make it.

I'm not saying you should give up on such dreams, but I am saying that I agree with your dad. You can do what you want when the time comes, but it's more of a dream than a plausible future. I bet anything you will change your job hopes when the time comes anyway, and many Western videogame companies are becoming bigger and bigger.
Posted
Hey once again i know im bout to regret this.......... but here i go.
Ok first of all who gives what your dad says, if you wanna live your life live it. You only live once. You don't have nine lives. But i think there is more to the world than just Japan!!!!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I don't know why so many people think Japan is a dream place to live thanks to the videogames and anime. This isn't a fantasy world.

You're a gaijin. You aren't going to get any creative sort of job there, especially working for established companies like Square. It's near impossible. In the entire century long history of Nintendo, they've had only like two non-Japanese people work in their homeland headquarters.

You could find teaching jobs or PR jobs or travel/hotel jobs or something else in that field... but Japanese culture is never going to just assimiliate you into itself. You can't just be shipped there and expect to just fit in and make it.

I'm not saying you should give up on such dreams, but I am saying that I agree with your dad. You can do what you want when the time comes, but it's more of a dream than a plausible future. I bet anything you will change your job hopes when the time comes anyway, and many Western videogame companies are becoming bigger and bigger. [/B][/QUOTE]
Also if you're tall you'll stick out really really bad.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]Also if you're tall you'll stick out really really bad. [/B][/QUOTE]

You know, I'm about six feet and I didn't feel like my height was considered huge or anything. I saw a few guys who were way taller than me.

I felt more like a sore thumb due to the fact I'm white, rather than my height.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Glexavier
Posted
hey i think if you want to go, go. but only visit it first. cuz that way if you don't like it there you can come back and not have to worry about selling a house or anything. but i wouldn't want to get a job at a video game company in the u.s.a even though i live here(u.s.sa that is). i hate to admit it but our games aren't that great.i mean most of our games are really kinda cheesy. no offence to anyone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...