OtakuBoards

Super Mario Bros. 3 Banner

Desbreko

[color=indigo]I was bored so I decided to make a banner. And I've been thinking about the next Mario Advance game, SMB3, lately, so I decided to do an SMB3 banner. Just thought I'd post it up for people to see.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/ex/desbreko/banners/SuperMarioBros3.jpg[/img]

It's pretty simple, but I find the combination of those two pictures amusing.[/color]

[b]Edit:[/b]
[color=seagreen]Took out some white edge, so that's what the new version is. Can you [i]really[/i] tell the difference? It's not really that much. :rolleyes:[/color]

[b]Edit II:[/b]
[color=indigo]On second thought, I think I'll take off the original version. It's just sucking down more bandwidth from my site...[/color]

[color=darkblue]
Woah! Thats soo cool! I tried making a SMB3 banner, but i cant find any descent pcs ><. I like the pics you used, especielly(sp?-.-) the Mario with the racoon suit^_^. The chekered kinda background also fits the whole "mood" of the banner. Heh, Great job, and keep it up.
[/color]

Wow, very nice. The only thing I would recommend is making the edges of all the pictures smoother so all that white stuff doesn't show. Or, you could manually (and painfully) remove them with an eraser. :)

Haha, took me a while to realize why SMB3's and SM Advance 4's logos are both there... :sweat:

Um, what's Mario doing?
Desbreko145: Wigglying his tail.

Oh...my...heh. I'm sorry, I just spent a lot of time at Videogame Recaps, so...oh dear. Oh dear me. *bursts into laughter* Shake that groove thing, Mario!

*gets serious for a moment, pulls out librarian glasses* There is some white edging on Bowser's arm against the black, but the image looks nice.

*back to laughing* I like it, I like it! GLEE! Oh man, Des corruption reaches new high. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Wow, very nice. The only thing I would recommend is making the edges of all the pictures smoother so all that white stuff doesn't show. Or, you could manually (and painfully) remove them with an eraser. :)[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]There's only a tiny bit of white edge; I don't even see how you noticed. I was even looking for it while making it, and I had to zoom in to see all but a little of it. If you're talking about the white around the SMA4 logo, that's supposed to be there, as it's part of the logo.

And I did go around it with the paintbrush set to one pixel, blotting out a lot of the white edge and then making it transparent. And like I said, unless you're [i]really[/i] looking for it, you have to zoom in to see it, so I don't really worry too much about it.

And if anyone wants SMB3 art, you can find some [url=http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/artwork.jsp?gameId=1858]here[/url]. That's where I got both the Mario and Bowser pic. The background is from another art picture that James was nice enough to get for me from Nintendo's media site a while ago.[/color]

Greatest game ever.... and therefor, greatest banner ever.

Why did they name is Sper Mario Advance 4?.... why not just Super Mario Bros. 3 for the GBA... lol... sounds so much easier... anway, the game still kicks arse, and I like the specific art work you used, and the title font. The Advance title could go bye bye, cause thats just stupid (not in your banner, the whole concept of naming it that) All you need is Frog Suit mario and Mario in a shoe and you're all set.

[color=indigo]Yeah, I know. I think they should have just kept the original titles, instead of adding "Super Mario Advance" to them. I guess they want to advertise that they're on the GBA or something.

Anyway, like I said in the edit, I fixed the white edge. So you people can't complain about that anymore. :p

Hmm, I've got a pic of Mario in a Frog Suit, but I haven't been able to find one of him in one of those shoes. (Bah, I can't remember how to spell the name of those shoes for the life of me). If I can get some art of that I'll have to make another banner with it, though. It and him in the three suits.[/color]

[color=indigo]The text is the official SMA4: SMB3 logo, so I'd hope it fits well, heh. (Well, except that the SMA4 part is technically supposed to be above the SMB3 part, but it doesn't fit in the banner that way).

And I might take out the SMA4 part, exacept that I've got this overwhelming urge to keep the complete logo.... You know, to keep things "correct," heh. ^_^; That and I just think the left side looks a little too empty without it, since there's that big open space below the SMB3 logo.[/color]

[quote]There's only a tiny bit of white edge; I don't even see how you noticed. I was even looking for it while making it, and I had to zoom in to see all but a little of it. If you're talking about the white around the SMA4 logo, that's supposed to be there, as it's part of the logo.

And I did go around it with the paintbrush set to one pixel, blotting out a lot of the white edge and then making it transparent. And like I said, unless you're really looking for it, you have to zoom in to see it, so I don't really worry too much about it.[/quote] I'm sorry. I should have mentioned that I was on an LCD screen, so everything's a bit crisper. Good example would be my banner: my name, "AzureWolf," is pretty blurry, isn't it? Well, on this LCD screen, it looks fine, but when I looked at it on a CRT moniter, it was a little hard to read.

Looking at it again, everything looks great. It fits the Mario theme, and it's sweet, clean, and simple. [quote]And I might take out the SMA4 part, exacept that I've got this overwhelming urge to keep the complete logo.... You know, to keep things "correct," heh. ^_^; That and I just think the left side looks a little too empty without it, since there's that big open space below the SMB3 logo.[/quote] Yeah, I know what you mean with that first reason. As for the second reason: It's a Mario banner - a Mario [B]NES[/B] banner, so open and plain space is more true/nostalgic to the game, IMO.

I think that you should keep the complete title on the banner, so that you're representing both games.

Anyway, I really like the banner (though, I might be a bit biased, seeing as SMB 3 is far and away my favorite Mario game of all time). It's very simple and very clean. I also like Mario wiggling his tail for some odd reason...