OtakuBoards

anime screw ups

AkumaAoshi

LOL, I once was reading a list online about all the mistakes in Trigun, it was kind of funny.

Among them (that I can remember at this time):

"How did they DO that": The setting is supposed to be a planet where water and farming are scarce things, yet there seems to be an inexhaustible supply of alcohol in almost every town (or at least until Vash and Wolfwood get there ~.^ ) But wait. . .one needs LOTS of water as well as lots of hops, barley, etc to make a small amount of alcohol.

"Stupid Sheriff": In episode 12, the sheriff in the town where Vash is thrown in jail seems to know who he is and of the bounty on him, yet only insists on keeping him in jail rather than turning him in for the $$60 billion.

"Miracle Suit or Varied Wardrobe?" In some episodes, Wolfwood's suit is dark blue. In others it is navy blue. And in others, it's dark black.

If I can find the others, I'll dig them up for you and post them. . .

Have you ever noticed in Cowboy Bebop, in the dubbed version, Jet says, "Open foot, insert mouth"? Exactly how does one open their foot? There are a whole bunch of things like this everywhere. Oh, and you ever notice how in Trigun the date when Vash destoryed July keeps changing? He said that Knives and himself were born 130 years ago... but then it also says that he destoryed July 130 years ago, but then it also says it was 107 years ago! ARGH!

[color=crimson]Oh, I know some of these. I crack up every time I hear the "Open foot, insert mouth" line. Characters and numbers don't mix either. If they say the number once, it's ok, but more than once it changes.
Most of the clothing in anime is magical at some point or another. ^_^ Duo's outfit in Gundam Wing goes through a large variety of black and blues. Spike's yellow shirt changes to white in one ep, his hair turns black for like 12 seconds one time too, I counted.

Throughout the Gundam UC series, the name Zeon goes through many changes: Zenon, Zena, Zeno, I heard just Zon once too.

Left and right? In one episode of the dark tournament in Yu Yu Hakusho, Hiei is holding his katana in his injured right hand(which should not be able to hold anything), but the screen goes to the enemy and when it comes back, his katana is now in the left hand. This happens a few other times with Kurama's rose whip too. It also happens in Rurouni Kenshin and some of the Gundam series and Escaflowne. Fun to spot these thing! ^_^

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know if it was the lighting or not, but a few times Legato's hair changed purple.

I did notice Spike's hair changing black. But as soon as I noticed, it was gone. *Whoosh*

But those kinds of things, like hair color changing slightly, happen in every anime. Have any of you seen Nightwalker? In one episode is eyes are yellow, then they're green. How do they do that? :therock:

One thing that sorta bugs me in Inuyasha is how weapon sizes and shapes seem to change from moment to moment. Tetsusaiga in particular seems to suffer from this. One scene it seems to be longer than Inuyasha is tall, yet much shorter the next scene. Some of this is probably perspective changes, but I'd have never guessed it would make THAT much of a difference. Another thing is how Tetsusaiga's shape doesn't seem to be stable... sometimes it's got a really sharp curve, other times you can barely notice the curve, even when looking at it from the same perspective.:confused: Oh well, since it IS a magical sword that transforms, that can probably be explained away/forgiven, but it is kinda jarring at times.

Lumi, why did you count how long Spike's hair changed to black? That's just a little strange to me. Hm. *thinks intently*

I thikn I've got one. On ep. 13 on Cowboy Bebop, Ed eats the mutated lobster, but doesn't get poisoned. She doesn't even get food poisoning! Also, how does the Bebop crew magically come back to life after that episode? *thinks again*

In episode 9 of Trigun, Murder Machine, the first scene of the bus and it's luggage show Wolfwood's cross punisher, yet he's not on the bus. Stupid artists and their repeating cels.
Also, in that same episode (this one's old) they spell May City two ways - Mei City on the bus and May City in town. And then when Wolfwood leaves town, the sign says Mei City. Bleh, stupid people.
And THEN, in the beginning of episode 21, Vash is in the hallway filled with Leonov's puppets. The scene changes and the hallway is empty, then in the next scene the puppets are back.
Those are all I can think of for Trigun, but if you've seen the two DBZ movies "Cooler's Revenge" and "The Return of Cooler", then you probably got confused, like me. Cause in Cooler's Revenge, it took place after Freiza was killed, yet Goku was on Earth and Gohan was still a)young and b)Had a tail, which he didn't have since he was like four.
And then, in The Return of Cooler, only Goku and Vegeta could go SSJ, yet when would the gang have enough time to get away from Earth while the androids are there? And if they did after the Cell games, then Goku would be dead and not be there. Plus, still, Gohan is still little. And I don't think they would go to Namek in those seven (or nine, whatever) months that Cell gave them, because they'd be too busy training.
Well, those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, but animes can be pretty messed up.

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Heh I wouldnt even bother mentioning the DBZ movies...Because they are all just one big continuity screw up...

They just made them to make money and squeeze alittle bit more out of dbz...(Just like the garlic saga)Although even the manga has a couple continuity flaws but those aren't as bad or numerous as the anime series... [/color][/font][/b]

In one episode of Kenshin I heard the old man smokes a toothpick because they edited him smoking a cigar. I think that's screwed up totally. And it's really stupid, also. They could've left the cigar in his mouth, my gosh. It's a crazy world. Old men smokin' toothpicks!

[COLOR=GREEN] There are so my screw ups in DBZ and don't even get me started on the plot hole filled movies. But there's one thing that always seems to bother me. In the episode where they show Gohan's birthday they say he was turning 11. Then 7 years pass and you have the whole Buu thing. But in a lot of sorces I've seen say that he was 16 during the Buu saga. I don't know, but that doesn't seem to add up (11+7=16?)[/COLOR]

Guest Rhyhon
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Osmosis [/i]
[B]One thing that sorta bugs me in Inuyasha is how weapon sizes and shapes seem to change from moment to moment. Tetsusaiga in particular seems to suffer from this. One scene it seems to be longer than Inuyasha is tall, yet much shorter the next scene. Some of this is probably perspective changes, but I'd have never guessed it would make THAT much of a difference. Another thing is how Tetsusaiga's shape doesn't seem to be stable... sometimes it's got a really sharp curve, other times you can barely notice the curve, even when looking at it from the same perspective.:confused: Oh well, since it IS a magical sword that transforms, that can probably be explained away/forgiven, but it is kinda jarring at times. [/B][/QUOTE]

Easy to explain. First off, it was a change in perspective - the Tetsusaiga is almost always as tall as Inuyasha is (which may seem to change depending on the angle at which he holds it).

Some of the best Inuyasha mistakes, though, are on Miroku - the Wind Tunnel in particular. Notably in "Kagura's Dance and Kanna's Mirror", the wrappings around Miroku's right arm disappear entirely. Also, in "Kaijinbo's Possessed Sword" (I'm not sure if that's the right title...), when Inuyasha transforms back to a half-demon, his ears don't reappear until the next scene. His hair changes color, and his strength is restored... but obviously not his hearing.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I see these things all the time. But who can blame the artists... they probably get real tired and lose their train of thought. I know I do if i'm doing something for so long. ^_^ I see alot of screw ups in Trigun.. but everyone has already mentioned what I was going to.
I see it alot in just normal cartoons too. It's real funny though.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ares [/i]
[B]In one episode of Kenshin I heard the old man smokes a toothpick because they edited him smoking a cigar. I think that's screwed up totally. And it's really stupid, also. They could've left the cigar in his mouth, my gosh. It's a crazy world. Old men smokin' toothpicks! [/B][/QUOTE] yeah also when Saito is in a close up pic he has a toothpick not a cigarette and in a far away pic he smokes a tooth pick with smoke coming out of it?????

Heh I noticed one in InuYasha.

It was the episode when Sesshomarou just got Tokijin. He was battling InuYasha with his sword, and one moment you see him standing and the tip of his sword isn't there. Then when he starts battling again, it's there. Weird, I really haven't noticed mistakes in InuYasha. Proud moment for me :D

Guest Le-chan
In the episode "Mushroom Samba" of Cowboy Bebop, when their ships crash lands, I noticed the inside of the ship was upside down(everything on the ceiling), but when they show the outside of the ship, its not upside down. Also in "Ballad of Fallen Angels" when Spike is walking to the cathedral, there are three big windows above the door, but in the next scene, there gone!?!