OtakuBoards

HomestarRunner.com

Epitome

Okay, I am not sure if this is advertising because I am not advertising the site, I wanted to discuss what the site is and if anyone likes it, but if the Mods consider this advertisment, feel free to close it...

With that being said... Has anyone ever visited this site. I think that is very humurous and has a great setup, especially because it is run by 4 people. bvut anyways, what do you all think of it, if you have been there.

Heh, actually I came across this site on reccomendation from my good friend KKC.. It really is quite funny. ^_^ I've only been there once, but I hit what was supposed to be the "good stuff"..

And it certainly was good.

Specifically, the Decemberween specials and the Strongbad anime ones.. They had my brother and I rolling on the floor of the computer room giggling hysterically.

"A Final Impact DVD? You got me this piece of cr@p last year!"

And

"Oh, and I would have blue hair! *diagram gets blue hair* Nobody would know why, but my hair would be blue and spikey!"

Those have GOT to be the funniest lines on the site..

StrongBad is the funniest, between his character design (He doesn't look so strong), his voice, and his frequent saying of the word "cr@p" get me giggling every time..

Wow, only 4 guys? That's pretty impressive.

[color=navy][i] I really, really like this site.
The humour is very, very funny, and is thought out rather maturely, in my opinion.
It's up-beat, funny, random, and it doesn't have to resort to vulgar language and bathroom jokes to get a laugh. Not many comedic websites can say that about themselves.

It's run by four people? I never knew that. It is surprising that there is only four..
~Matto[/color][/i]

I love StrongBad and The Cheat!
There was a HUGE outburst of this at my school last spring. EVERYONE was going there. You'd randomly hear ppl in the hallways scream, "TROGDOR!!", or start goin', "The system... is down...The system... is down!"
It's a site I'd definitely recommend.
The humor there keeps goin' and goin'... **giggles**
It's very much worth checking out.
(As you can see, I'm a fan!)

Really? You don't like it?
Yeah, I've been going there for about a year ever since my brother showed it to me. They've got that new floaty pen thing....I wish they would sell it seperatly because then I would get it. I love the Cheat and StongBad. LoL. Just once I told my friends about it and now she says every time: "have you been to homestar lately?!"

Time to throw a lightstick rave! :D

This site rocks! I make sure to visit every week to check out the new StrongBad email. I have seen all the emails to date (70+?) and each one is hilarious!

My favorites are "dragon" (with Trogdor), "Japanese Cartoon", "techno."

The toons and specials are good, too. Especially the DVD "King of Town" one where StrongBad makes director comments.

:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter[/i]
[B]Oh, and Teen Girl Squad. That's some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.

"i have a crush on EVERY BOY!!"
"ARROWED!"
"ow, my skin!"[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]Lol, I love Teen Girl Squad. My favorite episode so far is the second one:

"I think I have a chance with this guy."
*bat! bat! bat! bat! bat! bat! bat! *

"I am TOTALLY crushing."
*CHILDREN!*

I like to check out the StrongBad e-mails of course, and play the Trogdor game.[/size]

Ah... yes.! I love that site ^_^ My fav. is Coach Zee (is that how you spell it) for some odd reason. I just like the way he talk

"Hey the Chort!"

Strong bad has the cool email thing. The Japanese cartoon one and Trog Dor are the best in my oppinion ^_^

A month or so ago the site was in the News paper. Did anyone else see that?

I love that site. Of course SB emails are the greatest, my favorite part and I love playing the games, popultation: tire, what a wierd game. Trogdor was a man...no wait he was...a dragon-man...well...he was just a dragon...but he was still TROGDOR!!!TROGDOR!!! Oh that was so funny^_^

[color=hotpink][size=1]I have only seen the site through Ryan and his brother. And I didn't get into it that much, but I haven't really seen that much either. But they think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

When I was at EFY, there was a girl in my group and she knew one of the guys who created the site. Neato, huh?[/color][/size]

does anyone remember the one where strongbad is remembering good times with the cheat, and one of the memories is they break into homestarrunner's house in the middle of the night, and homestarrunner has cinnimon on his face?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Artemis [/i]
[B]You'd randomly hear ppl in the hallways scream, "TROGDOR!!", [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]My boyfriend absolutely LOVES Trogdor, and he often randomly yells "TROGDOR!" when we're out in public. He thinks it's funny when I try to make him be quiet :p

However, Trogdor is definitely my favorite sketch on the site. I agree with Zanarkand, "Consumate V's, I said consumate! ...That guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face."

And [i]nothing[/i] can beat that song ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zanarkand Abes [/i]
[B]It was a lot funnier at the begining and is starting to get stale. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree ... unfortunately. The first several times I saw the site, I thought it was pretty hysterical. But recently I've been finding the updates less and less funny, even though the sbemails have actually gotten longer.

Still, considering as many others have said that this is just four people -- I think two brothers and a couple friends -- I still think it's pretty impressive. I'm not sure, but I get the impression that one guy does [i]all[/i] the voices except for Marzipan, who's done by a girl. So that impresses me ... Plus, they seem to have such a following that they're making a living off the merchandise in their store.

So yeah, I don't think it's as funny as it used to be, but it must be hard to think of new stuff every week. And it's still pretty funny ... I mean, my boyfriend and I actually speak to each other in hr.com-isms all the time ...