OtakuBoards

Good Charlotte,who likes them

moon-scar demon

They were good untill they sold out and started singing stupid songs about shallow and meaningless things..."Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money!" Or better yet "Lifestyles of the rick and the famouse, they're always complaining..." Hypocrites.

[color=navy][i] I never really got into them. I find they have very few meaningful songs. As it's already been posted in this thread, i'm not going to give examples.
And personaly, I think they are posers. They like to give themselves titles like "punk", and their "style" looks really manufactured. As music terms go, they are no more punk than the Bakstreet Boys.
Meh, they're not all that bad. While they have many, many pointless and meaningless songs, they have still produced a few good tracks. I've heard worse..and much, much better.
~Matto[/color][/i]

I liked their song "anthem", but the other songs were downright senseless. They're alright but nothing special. Chris Rock probably said it best @ the VMAs, "Good Charlotte? More like a mediocre Green Day." They're not a bad group but not one of the best the genre has to offer.

I dont know I dont really like them much there just not my style pf music at all im pure rock and roll, like ill listen to metallica or maybe linkin park for an adrenline boost and maybe some incubus, sublime or weezer if i want to chill. I'm really like mostly all forms of rock, but they are girl rock. and they kind of sing wimpy songs...sorry if that offended anyone but i really dont think they are that talented

No, I'm not a GC fan at all, in fact I find them quite irritating. One of my friends is obsessed with them and he seems to have converted a few of my other friends in the process. I do think Chris Rock put his finger on it...mediocre Green Day it is.

However, having said that some of the songs are quite catchy, even though the voicalist's voice irritates me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by doukeshi03 [/i]
[B]However, having said that some of the songs are quite catchy, even though the voicalist's voice irritates me. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=CC0000]Yes the songs are very catchy. That's why I don't like them, I don't want crap songs stuck in my head all day when I could be humming a much better tune in math class.

I don't like them (at all) because they have possibly some of the worst guitar riffs I, personally, have ever heard. I mean, if they're trying to be a punk band, then at least they should try and sound a little more punk than they are.

Also, I don't like the way that the singer and the guitarist with the dumb hair (big spikes) dominate all of their music videos. It does sincerely suck.

I can sing, play guitar, play bass and play drums better than they all can, seriously. *finishes rant* :)[/size][/color]

hm... interesting band, most people don't like them for extremely stupid reason the people that think they are punk, which to me, THEY seem to be the so called poser, do not think good charlotte is punk enugh for them, it's so stupid, but I like punk rock therefor I like good charlotte, a PUNKROCK band, and a **** good one(everyone else is wrong by the way)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaceDavis [/i]
[B]hm... interesting band, most people don't like them for extremely stupid reason the people that think they are punk, which to me, THEY seem to be the so called poser, do not think good charlotte is punk enugh for them, it's so stupid, but I like punk rock therefor I like good charlotte, a PUNKROCK band, and a **** good one(everyone else is wrong by the way) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=CC0000]I gave very good reasons for not liking them; and, yes you are right, they are "so called" posers; and I do, surprisingly, prefer bands that are punk enough for me. Like.. uhh.. not pop? lol[/size][/color]

I admit to liking Good Charlotte (to a certian extent). To [b]me[/b], they qualify as pop-music, and are one of the very few "pop" bands I'll ever listen to. The vocalist annoys me, and the riffs bore me. The songs are catchy though, which isn't always a bad thing.

Plus, Riot Girl isn't that bad of a song, and neither is Bloody Valentine. *shrugs*

Guest Sharpie
I don't like Good Charlotte, at all. I don't like the way they sound or their angsty attitude. But I admit, I did go to the Civic Tour were GC was performing. I just went for Less Than Jake and New Found Glory. After LTJ was done and GC came on, I left the pit (to avoid the girls and little kids trying to mosh to GC) and went up into the stands to talk to LTJ. I talked to them for GC's whole set. It was pretty kick ***. I returned for New Found Glory.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yami Asura [/i]
[B]I like GC. I think their more punk than most bands. On the first album, they're more of a Emo band though. [/B][/QUOTE]

More punk than who? The Backstreet Boys. You might have a point there but really. I'm not saying they're totally rubbish because I will listen to some of their stuff, I just perfer not to is all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B] Or better yet "Lifestyles of the rick and the famouse, they're always complaining..." Hypocrites. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I know, I thought that was so hilarious. These guys are "rich and famous" so what in the world are they going on about? Did they live hard lives when they were children? Well, what does it matter now!? They get free crap all the time and well, they're rich!

I don't like them because of the image they give off. They look so hard-core, but they sound so puny.[/color][/size]

I liked GC's first album (partly because the band comes from the same area as me, and I knew about them before most other people), but then they went really mainstream. They were never a punk group--borderline pop/punk, and that's stretching it.

Their songs make for easy listening, although they aren't exactly interesting or innovative, and I can't stand to listen to more than a few in a row. I love the guitarist's makeup..... but that's just cause I'm weird.

GC's second CD, by the way, was terrible.

~Dagger~

I hate their music.. It's just? uggh. I first heard a GC song about 4 years ago, and everytime they've had a hit since (about twice, though they seem to have actually gotten somewhere this time), I try to like their sound but I can't... I also dislike people who think that their music is punk. It's not. The members of the band dress "punk", but their music is not.... it's pop/punk, a form of punk that is much lighter and more commercialized to what I like to call the "TRL audience"....