OtakuBoards

Compensation or Complete Bull?

Doukeshi

Alright here goes...

Accident Claims and firms who deal with them. How do you justify getting £5,000 just for falling over at work, seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

Do you think that it's right for people to claim large sums of money for work related accidents or road accidents. Or better yet, suing. Don't you just love the lawsuit, it's going to get to the stage that you could sue me for bumping into you on the street.

What are your views...all are welcome

I think within the last 15 years people have become a little sue-crazy. Almost all do it for money. They see it as a quick and easy way to make a buck. A year ago this Oct. I was in an accident where I rear-ended a guy going only 5 miles an hour as he was all ready excelerating and doing no damage to either of our cars. He got out of his car fine and was able to yell at me and only after we had moved our cars to the side of the road did he start with this whole "Oh my back, my back, my vision, my vsion, my head my head" act and ended up calling two cops, a fire truck and an ambulence to the scene. Needless to say, a month later he was suing me for $114,000 in damages and medical bills. What did he get? Not a cent. My insurence called him on his bull**** and he was left with nothing but fake medical and lawyer bills that he needed to pay.

Its complete garbage. You have guys in thier 30s who are sueing labor companies (Such as GoodYear, Factories, Mechanics..And all that such) for back problems and i'm sure that the work and labor that they put in for the company totally ruined their back, knees, or whatever. People seem to like to scam companys for money. And sueing is becoming a big problem. You can sue for just about anything nowadays. Its a scam.....

Depending on how bad the accident was, compensation makes sense. If you've sprained your ankle, gotten a papercut, or done something else idiotic that had nothing to do with the company, it makes no sense. But if some faulty design or such is to blame and you're unable to work for a long stretch of time, cannot find another job, or left emotionally tramtized, then compensation is justified. But some of the things people sue for are just ridiculus(sp). I'll stop my ranting now.

When I eat a bad piece of food that is clearly marked as expired or trip over my own child at a store and break my leg, I'd like the peace of mind that comes with knowing that I'd be able to sue the place I was currently at and make lots of money. It's the American way.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by doukeshi03 [/i]
[B]Alright here goes...

Accident Claims and firms who deal with them. How do you justify getting £5,000 just for falling over at work, seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

Do you think that it's right for people to claim large sums of money for work related accidents or road accidents. Or better yet, suing. Don't you just love the lawsuit, it's going to get to the stage that you could sue me for bumping into you on the street.

What are your views...all are welcome [/B][/QUOTE]
If theyr'e work related accidents, yes. The way it used to be if you were doing a dangerous job they would pay you more, but now they wouldn't dare do that since that's admitting to it and could leave themselves wide open so now due to lawsuit happy lawyers both the worker and the company gets screwed. So if they hurt their back because of the job, yes they do deserve money. Also when you get older falls become more and more serious.

As with almost all things, it depends on the situation. Some cases are so ridiculous that they should be thrown out of court, but sometimes landlords can't kick tenants off their own prperty. The Justice System is a big [b]fat[/b] laugh. It all depends upon the discretion of the Judge. Many cases are purely ridiculous, and the Judge should have the authority to throw them out. Sometimes it is a good cause, othertimes it is absolute Bull**** and they are only out for the money, but in that case- can you blame them? Everywhere we look things that people seem to be wanting are costing [i]money[/i]. Lots of it. So to get what they want, they need money. Why work for it when you can sue someone for it? So in a way, we are victims of our own culture, laziness and system. Plus the ignorance and stupidity of some people.

[COLOR=teal][SIZE=1]I agree with Ecletic and Baron all the way, it does depend on the situation. But some people they are completely ridiculous, I mean seriously...and some people wonder what is wrong with the world *shakes head wearily and sighs*[/COLOR][/SIZE]