OtakuBoards

pikmin 2

Lord Prozen

[color=royalblue]hey what does everyone think about the new pikmin game that will be coming out...somtime....i think that it looks ok, the two player thing looks kinda cool but i heard that its the same as the first one, just a differnt game. i hope thats not entirely true, or the game will suck, exept for the two player thing. or insted of two player you can switch from both of the guys. do you think the game will be good or bad?[/color]

I think it will suck I remember the first one with astronaut and the little thingys. It was one of the worst ever its plot sucked every game now starts off with a ship crashing. If its a remix like Zelda Ocarina of Time with very little changes made it will fail badly. If its a completely new game though I might buy just to see what it like. What is this 2 players thing it sounds good.

[color=indigo]Well, I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, so I'm looking forward to Pikmin 2. The ways that you use the Pikmin to solve puzzles and fight enemies were pretty much unique from any other game I've seen, so it was really fresh and interesting. I'm really looking forward to there not being the 30 day time limit. That was the one thing I really didn't like about the game, so I'm really glad they're doing away with it for the sequal.

Also, like many, I thought the first one was too short, so I can't wait to see what kind of new puzzles they've have involving the duel control thing, where you control both Olimar and the other guy at the same time. (Switching between them, that is). Also, I'd love it if there were an actual two-player cooperative mode. I think I've heard that there will be, but I'm not sure. I know I've heard that there'll be a vs. sort of thing where you try to raise more Pikmin that the other player in a day. One of my friends has the first game and likes it, so it'd be lots of fun to team up with him.[/color]

Heh.. I found the first Pikmin to interest me for a while, but it got sort of repetitive after the first time through it for me with my short attention-span, so I don't find myself ever wanted to play Pikmin one, nor do I have much of a desire to buy Pikmin 2, despite the fact that it has the new character and new Pikmin types.. If I hear the game is long, or that it's very difficult, I'll look into buying, but I will probably rent it first.. ^_^' I don't have anybody to play multiplayer with either, so there wouldn't be much of a point for me to get it just for multiplayer either...

I enjoyed the first Pikmin, but I found that when it got really good it just ended. That didn't really sit well with me, of course. Pikmin had an interesting concept but it wasn't really explored to its full potential until the later levels of the game, which was very disappointing seeing how short the first game was.

I'm optimistic for Pikmin 2, but I'll probably end up just renting it to see how it plays and how long it is.

Personaly I am not going to go near pikmin 2. I read all the articles on the first one and bought it as soon as I got my gc. I just couldn't stand the whole "have to get a part today or else i lose". I liked the game's enviornment, but I just couldn't get past the whole time line. I like games where I can take my time exploring the area. I just always felt that I was in a frantic search for the parts. So if pikmin 2 has the whole time line in it I'm not going to get the game. If my big bro buys it I might try it, but not very likely.

BTW- This is the first time I have posted in quite a long time huh. Anyone remember me still?

[color=indigo]Heh, I still remember you. Welcome back.

But no, Pikmin 2 won't have the 30 day time limit, like I said it my earlier post. :p It'll still have the time limit for each day, but you'll get an unlimited number of days. I also really didn't like the rushed nature of the first Pikmin, so that's why I'm looking forward to the second one more than I was the first.[/color]

[color=royalblue]no I dont think I remember you kizu.:(

yea im glad that there wont have to beat the game in a number of days. i could never beat the time cus i always ran outa time. i hope the second one is good too. that sucks you dont have anyone to play 2 player with. if i ever get the game me and my brother will probly beat it in a few days lol.[/color]