OtakuBoards

universe theorie

slasher

I have been seeing therioes every where so I will start a discussion too.

What do you think the universe is? A big infinite space?
My friend thinks it is just a huge ball, and f you keep going, you will crash in it eventually.

I think that the univers repetes. I mean that if you keep going, you will eventually run into the place you started.

What do you think? Remeber, no making fun of others for their ideas.

Come on........ Havn't I stated this. Oh nevermind. That was on AIM to Spikey.
Before there was this galaxy all there was... was the [b]space time continuum[/b]. There was no matter in it at all. All there was in it was energy. This little bit of energy started growing. (More energy fused with it.) It coulded hold it's own energy. Being a [b]positve mass of energy[/b] it expoloded instead of imploding. The explosion caused a [b]negative[/b] energy mass. The equivilent to gravity. This was a black hole bigger than a normal star. Most black holes are the size of a pea, which can take out the sun in a flash. That black hole was the bigining of the galaxy. While the universe is still expanding it leaves behind [b]nebulas[/b]. Which [b]create planets and solar systems.[/b] It also creates ateroids. In our galaxy we had one ring of asteroids. nine planets. And one star. Now..... I quote myself. The planet known as "Jupiter" is so large it almost became a star. If that happend it would be impossible to live on earth, the solar orbits would be corrupted, and we would all be crushed because of the akward orbit of any palnet that would be suitible to live on. Well, anyway. The sun was shining on a desert wasteland with overly large amounts of water for blillions of years. The sun was shining on it so long energy started to crystilize. That eventually turned into a non-mobile, non-thinking, plant, known as algea, today. And plants evolve just as animals do. The algea began to populate and populate untill it crept onto land then rooted itself as a weed. That weed turned to other plants like grass. Through blillions of years of evolution plants became mobile animals. Eating eachother and plants((This was the dinosaur era.)). Things started to evolver into smaller meat-eaters, so they wouldn't eat as much and all starve to death. Then a meteor hit. The largest in history. It caused a thick layer of dust to rise into the sky and cause the ice age. During the Ice age, all the dinosaurs died off and thier cousins, birds having some sort of warmth and being warm blooded, lived. The primates were dieing off because they were "smart" for their time, but also weak. They started to walk on thier legs and make tools. Like a hammer, to hammer meat, in order to scrape it off the bone. One time scientists believe they were hammering a hard type of rock. The rock busted open. The primates found it sharp and easyer to cut meat with. After that they started losing hair. Their head started to grow. Multiple changes. That was the age of the homo neanderthals. The next step before humans. We evolved at a fast rate compared to other animals. Using our wrists and apposible thumbs, we bouilt an empire. Using our intellegent minds we made language for the sake of communication. Even today we are still evolving. Starting to use more of our brain.....woah... I went way off the topic, ya?

Well I didn't explaine the universe too much. To understand the universe to must understand TIME. now, you may have heard that time is a dimension just like space. IT ISNOT LIKE SPACE. Lengths measured in space are positive, and they are always positive. Lengths measured in the time dimension are called IMAGINARY, which means that a given length, multiplied by its self, is always negative. (Since time is a negative dimension and space is a positive dimension, it is possible to have a total length of zero - this is the case for light)
TIME DILATION - A person who moves through space experiences a shorter period of time. In other words, if you sit on Earth for one year while your friend travels to Pluto and back, then your friend will claim that only six months had passed. This is not an illusion, nor is it a fault in the mechanism of a clock, it is a real effect. One way to think of this is if you walk along a straight line between your house and your neighbors house, and your friend walks from your house to the grocery store two miles away, and then to your neighbors house, you both start and end your trips at the same places, but your friend has traveled four miles further.
LENGTH CONTRACTION - If a car moves past you, it will seem shorter than it actually is.
MASS INCREASE - A moving object weighs more than an object, which isn't moving. It can be shown that if an object travels at the speed of light, it must either weigh nothing (which is only true for light) or it is infinitely heavy. This implies nothing can travel at the speed of light.
TACHYONS-You have probably heard this term in science fiction books and movies without knowing exactly what it was. You know that nothing can travel at the speed of light except for light itself. Obviously there are things which travel slower than the speed of light, because our entire world fits in the category. What about faster than light?
There is nothing in the theory of relativity, which prevents an object from traveling faster than the speed of light, although such objects can never slow down to below the speed of light or they would violate special relativity. Any particle, which travels faster than the speed of light, is called a TACHYON. Such objects must obey certain rules:
1. The mass of a tachyon is imaginary. Recall that this means that if you multiply the mass by itself, the result is negative.
2. Tachyons go faster when they lose energy. I must admit I can't think of a case when a tachyon would lose energy, since a collision with normal matter is forbidden.

93,856,000,000,000,000kmph is the speed of light in this universe. Think of this galaxy as a tachyon, negative wieght. The universe is expanding at a rate faster than light. It is impossible to touch the side of the universe. It is said that if you do touch the side of the universe, you would corupt the entire universe and it would stop expanding. If the universe were to stop expaning right now I would never be able to finish typing this. We would all be reduced to the size of a proton.

But, that is all I know. I've only taken earth science.

~Xaru

Either you're some super brainiac, or you copies most of that right out of your science book, which I'm willing to bet is the case.

Anyway, can anyone spell theories or theory right? If you're going to have a theory, the least you could do is spell the damn word right.

As far as the topic is concerned, there are too many theories as to how the universe was created, there's no answer, there probably never will be. All we know is what we have. And that in itself is far to huge to even remotely calculate.

My theory is somewhat like Xaru's but not quite. In the begining I belive that there was nothing, except other galixies over plapping each other. I believe that they overlapped way so much that everything stopped, except a little piece of energy. My theory on this is that the energy turned into matter, and then created God/Buddha. One of the two created Man, and Female. And now I believe that the space is just filled with other galaxie portals over lapping, and going so fast, rotating the planets to catch the time of day. That is my humble theory.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Either you're some super brainiac, or you copies most of that right out of your science book, which I'm willing to bet is the case.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Rofl! I actually took the definitions out of my physics report. And the whole creating and developing of the glaxy I made with no researce, and I won first place in the science fair.

EDIT: And I'm only 14. And about the super brainiac thing. No. Anyone can write their own theory. It just takes time.

I'll be brief.

The universe is constantly expanding. This would support the idea that the whole thing tends to lean toward entropy; because nothing new is really being generated on it's outskirts, but rather, everything is just gradually growing farther and farther apart.

So, as it continues expanding, things will gradualy get colder and colder and they get farther apart. Eventually, everything will be cold and dead. Entropy.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by slasher [/i]I have been seeing therioes every where so I will start a discussion too.

What do you think the universe is? A big infinite space?
My friend thinks it is just a huge ball, and f you keep going, you will crash in it eventually.

I think that the univers repetes. I mean that if you keep going, you will eventually run into the place you started.

What do you think? Remeber, no making fun of others for their ideas. [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=darkblue][size=1]Dear God, if you're going to post something so "intellectual", can you please learn how to spell? A dictionary would only cost you a few bucks.

I'd give a response, but these posts have given me a massive headache. I think I'm having an aneurysm. I need to call the hospital, or at least lie down for 48 hours.[/size][/COLOR]

It all depends how you want to look at it.

You could be completely free of any accountability for the things you do, in which case we live in a Godless universe and we're all doomed to an eternal nothingness in which case it really doesn't matter what the universe is like because once we die, we'll just cease to be and everything we've gained will be rendered pointless. You won't even be able to reminisce about good times. You couldn't even say "I've lived" because you wouldn't be able to say anything. And then the universe would gradually grow cold and entomb all our cold, dead bodies in an ever expanding, ever cooling, pit.

Or you can be accountable for what you do and have some kind of hope for the future in that there is a transcendant God (whichever one you follow) who can actually give us life after death in some form.

Of course there are other religions (ie. outside the main ones- [b]not[/b] just outside Christianity) that don't fit that rule, but I think I'm posting with mostly atheists/agnostics here.

Only in the second scenario will it really do any good to know about the nature of the universe, and only in the second scenario are we likely to find out. Otherwise (in the first) you may as well come to the conclusion that the purpose of life is to eat, reproduce, sleep, and go wild while you still can cos you won't remember a thing.

Yeah, I'm a creationist too. The more in-depth you go in things like these, the more you realize there must have been a creator. Now, how the universe will end or how it operates, or if there are extraterrestrials is beyond me (not that I would care if there were. Those types of thoughts are the ones I save for rainy days).

i just read in time weekly or something like that this new theory that says if we go to far well end back in our universe, but not ours, just one similar. dude xoru, you must be in my HISTORY yes, i said hitsory0.o class! that was our first lesson thing. except not quite. did any one know there are these tiney peices of matter called nutrinos that are so small the travel through solid objects with out ever touching a thing?! there goes one through your brain now! cool huh? don't we love mr guidry?