OtakuBoards

amazing

lea

One thing that I believe is that emotions are unique to us. Animals may feel things such as physical pain, hunger, or a change in daily routine (loss), but these are all mere sensations. They react instinctively based on them, and that is the extent of their connection to our world. I believe emotions are the product of our imagination. Our imagination allows us to perceive past, present, and future. It is from our thoughts on these phases in our lives that allow us to feel sadness for the loss of a loved one, happiness while we are in the presence of our loved ones, and hope for their future with us, together.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm often amazed at our human ability to conceive. I mean, there's so much we can't conceive but sometimes when you think about it for a while, it just comes to you for a quick instant. it's really cool. Oh, and to Adahn - I've never been sure whether animals feel emotions or not. For example: sometimes when my dog does something she knows she's not supposed to do and I see it, she cowers down and tries to stay away. I guess that's a bit more along the instinctive, but it makes me wonder somewhat.

hmm...i think animals do have emotion, just not somthing like bugs.....
did you know cats, dogs, monkeys, and animals like that can expirience depression? it has been proven....
when my dog had puppies, she had a huge litter. it was her first litter, and she had 9 puppies...but, one was still born. she kept paying special attention to that one, trying to keep it warm and stuff, and when i tried to take it away, she started to cry (i never heard a dog cry, but, when i heard her, i knew thats what it was)
it made me really upset, and i had to go inside. :(
but, i do think that animals do have emotions.....
what do you guys think?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystfyre [/i]
[B]We are limited by ourselvers and others. Just thought I'd add that.

And also, while it is amzing when you think about the human body, its also slightly depressing when you know how weak we can be. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, very true. It's only scary, however, when you see just how weak we can be in our everyday actions sometimes.