OtakuBoards

The Obvious Signs

Katana

Okay, .hack//SIGN has restarted. After 26 glorious weeks, my anime entertainment is over. (Okay, not really....) As I watched Saturday's episode, I kept looking around to to see if I could spot any signs of Tsukasa being a girl.
The only one I caught was at the end where it showed the girl on the ground.
I thought to myself, "Man, I was stupid/unobservant. I should've been able to see this before!" But I realized that, when you watch an anime for the first time and something weird (example, Tsukasa being a girl) is going to happen, you don't look for that stuff!
So...what about everybody else?

*thinking to self* [i]Okay, this is gonna get closed...[/i]

AHH! You're stilll here?! Go away! Post! Reply! *runs away* :D

[color=#707875]Katana...please, I recommend that you use spoiler tags here.

Yes, I know that the series is over. But I also know that there are plenty of people who haven't seen every episode yet. Please have some consideration for those people when you post. Or at least say something like "(Contains Spoilers)" in your thread title.[/color]

Well, now that the cover's been blown, I suppose I'll use spoiler tags anyhoo to be safe.

[spoiler]Well, considering that the only time we even SEE the real-life Tsukasa in the first episode is in that one scene, that is in fact the only clue we see in that episode.

And in all the other flashbacks of Tsukasa's.. Tsukasa is a little kid with no.. Obvious signs of gender difference that's visible. Especially considering that the outfits she typically wore in those scenes were non-gender specific either...
[/spoiler]

The first time I saw it I thought that was a scene of [spoiler]Silver Knight after the Guardian data drained him[/spoiler], since it occurs shortly after that event. Also the girl on the floor did not seem to have any gender-specific traits from the angle they showed.

It wasn't until the arguements here about Tsukasa's gender that made me change my thought.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Black_Phoenix [/i]
[B]The first time I saw it I thought that was a scene of [spoiler]Silver Knight after the Guardian data drained him[/spoiler], since it occurs shortly after that event. Also the girl on the floor did not seem to have any gender-specific traits from the angle they showed.

It wasn't until the arguements here about Tsukasa's gender that made me change my thought. [/B][/QUOTE]
OH YES THERE IS!!!
someone needs to tell me how to use a spoiler tag!!

When that girl is on the ground,when you see her legs,you see shorts right?Well,there not shorts!!It's a skirt!!
Shorts are not ruffled and stuff!!And when Tsukasa leaves the hosipital,what is she wearing?A SKIRT!!She could not have changed cloths!The shirt was the same too.Why would someone change there shorts,but not the shirt?:therock:
Anywho,I came in on the second episode,thinking,"Oh god,I must be in the middle of the series!!"I saw it last saturday.
I like Tsukasa as a boy more than a girl.I don't know why.
Okay,I'll shut myself up because my babbling is going off topic.
:babble: :babble: :babble: :babble: :babble: :babble: :babble:

Even earlier then when it showed Tsukasa on the floor, She also had personality traits at the beginning of the first episode that made me wonder... Im not trying to be stereo typical but it did seem to suggest at Tsukasa's gender. Not only that, But Bear made a comment about his age; He was older then his character suggested. Mimiru responded, That it was common in the 'World' to change appearance, age, and gender... Hmmm, One thing leads to another!

• 3 weeks later...
I never knew Tsukasa was a girl ntil Sora said so. I started watching the series right in the middle. I don't know how to put spolier tags up either.

PS-I know this is off topic but I need help setting a banner up for my signiture so if anyone wants to be kind enough to help PM me.Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I was completely suprised when I found out. You can tell because I named my screen name after [spoiler] Her [/spoiler] before I saw that [spoiler] he was a she [/spoiler]

And its true that you never look for spooky things like that the first time round. There's a few times I found that out.

Oh...TSUKASA IS A GIRL?!?!?!?! Whoa, I am way shocked. I haven't realized it yet, man what a shock. Maybe spoiler tags could have worked, I could have figured it out if I payed more attention, but I agree with Rein Sakado, I much prefer Tsukasa as a boy more then a girl. It doesn't seem right.

[color=royal blue]Well...I guess it's kind of pointless to use spoiler tags at this point, since my post won't reveal anything not already shown by someone else. But, I will, just to be safe.

I figured that Tsukasa might be a girl from the very first time [spoiler]it was suggested by Bear[/spoiler]. I forget what episode that was in, but from then on, I was always on the lookout for signs that Tsukasa might be a girl. I did notice that when it showed the scenes with Tsukasa's real self, it seemed that the person shown [spoiler]could be of either gender.[/spoiler][/color]

I too prefer Tsukasa as a boy, but it's amazing how the creators manedged to make that thing with him and Subaru not all, ya know...like....well you know...

I actually missed a whole lot from about the time Tsukasa and [spoiler] Subaru were in that whole love thing. [/spoiler] I never had a clue about dark Aura at all, and it really ticks me off!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoilers Post

If you watched yesterday's (11/22/03) episode, Entanglement, [*spoiler]some signs that point to it is that of all the flash backs that they kept showing of the father in the hospital talking to the doctor! And then Bear and BT talking about wether or not Bear is going to support the player of Tsukasa! Because Bear thought that he found the player. Tsukasa gave Mimiru a rod of some sort and she had mentioned that she wanted to buy a real bag at this store and Tsukasa knew exactly the store she was talking about! Then she told Bear and Bear found a comatose person in the area that they were talking about! But in all that the flash backs showed a girl in the hospital bed If you were to look closely i think that you might see it too! [*/spoiler] Thanks See ya!
Hacker Kite

EDIT: Why didn't the tags work?????