OtakuBoards

What makes you Cry

Guest dayday

[size=1] No [i]way[/i], people. [b]I[/b] am probably the most nostalgic person around. I worry about the nostalgia I'll go through in the future. =_= I never cry about it, so I do guess that it's not that bad with me... Er, I guess you have more badly than me, Q_A.

:P I always liked the word nostalgia. O_o

The only other time I will cry is if I get hurt very badly, [i]or[/i] the injustice and over-criticism I receive daily from my mother. >_> I really hate it. I cried just yesterday over what my mother said, and I almost cried while practicing my cello today because of what she said earlier.

You'll never see me crying over anything else, though.[/size]

There are things to which I think back on in my life, which would quite easily make someone cry... I

'm not saying I'm some "super non-crying person", though I've never cried over something like that. Everything I've cried over has been induced by pain.

Things that are heavily depressing for me, I've looked back at, and instantly get me down right then and there. And then I can't help it, but think back on it for the rest of the day. And it continues for a while... a long while.

Usually when I'm listening to my music in bad at night, and suddenly the image of something I'm ashamed over pops into my head, I feel like crying. I feel so damn sad about it, I want to cry, but can't. I hold myself back over it.

Anyone hurting animals makes me cry,sometimes a song will do it...or just when i get into an argument with a friend and they upset me,otherwise im usually a not-crying person...if thats a word,anyway,i dont even cry at funerals so people usually think im heartless...oh well.

[size=1]I don't really cry, but it's not like I'm trying to be ultra-macho or anything. When I was younger I used to cry a lot, mostly for smaller things, but as I grew up I found myself crying less and less. The weird thing is that my problems seem to get worse and worse, while my general apathy towards those problems increase.

[center][img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=481657[/img][/center]
As Bosko demonstrates in this graph, I'm slowly becoming a robot. Any questions?

-Shy[/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Well.

I never used to cry. It used to be almost a motto for me... never cry.

You can imagine that it's all down the crapper now.

Practically anything will do it. For example, in my developmental psych class, we had this lecture on prenatal development, and I had to leave the room about 5 times to puke and then cry, especially when the statistics were brought up.

I'm more likely to go into rages, though. It's like I have a permanent case of PMS.

And then there's the cancer remission treatment. Not fun.

Everyone keeps saying it'll get better, but it's only gotten worse. I can't even watch a diaper commercial withough hurling things at the TV. The pain better decrease soon, or I'm seriously going to off myself. This is no joke. I can't take it.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]Well.

I never used to cry. It used to be almost a motto for me... never cry.

You can imagine that it's all down the crapper now.

Practically anything will do it. For example, in my developmental psych class, we had this lecture on prenatal development, and I had to leave the room about 5 times to puke and then cry, especially when the statistics were brought up.

I'm more likely to go into rages, though. It's like I have a permanent case of PMS.

And then there's the cancer remission treatment. Not fun.

Everyone keeps saying it'll get better, but it's only gotten worse. I can't even watch a diaper commercial withough hurling things at the TV. The pain better decrease soon, or I'm seriously going to off myself. This is no joke. I can't take it.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

This isn't an unfixable case here. I've felt like this sometimes but not the same thing you're going through. Just take a few deep breaths when something like this comes up. Try meditating for about 30 min or so a day, then you can softly cry to yourself without anything being damaged.

Trying to forget won't help at all. If you forget it then it'll be gone from your mind forever. God never gives you more than you can bear. Try to relax and memorize things and cry to yourself. Even if it's louder than you want it to be do it anyway.

If this doesn't work try to train in some kind of physical activity. Let your anger out some other way. Until you are finally used to all this.

Again if none of this works do my way. Suck your thumb. I know it's childish and I'm even too old to do it, it helps. It relieves stress and relaxes you. Go to sleep and just calm yourself down for a few hours. Remember other people have gone through the same thing too.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fall [/i]
[B]Things that are heavily depressing for me, I've looked back at, and instantly get me down right then and there. And then I can't help it, but think back on it for the rest of the day. And it continues for a while... a long while.

Usually when I'm listening to my music in bad at night, and suddenly the image of something I'm ashamed over pops into my head, I feel like crying. I feel so damn sad about it, I want to cry, but can't. I hold myself back over it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Another post of yours I've quoted ^_^;

But yes, I get the same feeling, although I don't try and hold back. It's been... about four/five years since I last even partly cried, and even then it wasn't real bawling as such. There are things I really regret- usually just stupid and unnecessarry mistakes that I've made, either by saying something or not saying something that perhaps I shouldn't. And they'll get me down to the point where I want to cry, but I never can.

It's something I'm working towards- there's a lot in here I want to release, but I can't. I often wonder about what the next thing to make me cry will actually be, and then both fear and anticipate it

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]Everyone keeps saying it'll get better, but it's only gotten worse. I can't even watch a diaper commercial withough hurling things at the TV. The pain better decrease soon, or I'm seriously going to off myself. This is no joke. I can't take it.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Call me in the afternoons when you have a chance. You usually seem to be feeling a tad bit better after some of our insane conversations. And we haven't talked in over a week anyway. It's time to catch up. ^_^

Another thing I thought of that makes me UPSET, but doesn't necessarily make me cry, is when someone is wrong and it is pointed out and they get embarrassed. It usually happens when it's older person (as in senior citizen) or someone close to me that I love. It's hard to explain, but it just happens sometimes.[/color][/size]

[size=1] I don't cry.

Since I was young I learned that it was weak to cry when you scraped your knee a bit, and stuff like that.

So it's progressed to where I don't even show my real emotions anymore. At least not outwardly. So nah. I don't really cry ever. I deal with stuff other ways.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] No [i]way[/i], people. [b]I[/b] am probably the most nostalgic person around. I worry about the nostalgia I'll go through in the future. =_= I never cry about it, so I do guess that it's not that bad with me...[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=0] [color=silver]heh..i'll cry alot b/c of nostalgia...i guess that's sumtin i cry about most...thinking of the way i used to be, but sumthin that always really gets me is thinking of how my family and i used to spend christmas at my grandmother's house...the way i'd sleep upstairs with all my cousins, and my sister...how my aunt used to have to sit upstairs and wait until we all fell asleep, cuz we were sooo excited about the next morning...and then everyone going downstairs and taking turns opening presents so that everyone could watch...i don't know, but it's times like those, just any old time when i am looking back at my memories that i get the most teary eyed. I don't kno why..i guess i was happier when i was little...i also miss alot of ppl who have died...[/color] [/size]

Whenever I've been anxious all day (For any or no reason at all, and then get hit with some frustration. It's overwhelming how things can crowd in on you, I just gotta let it out somehow. I can't concentrate enough through the frustration to draw or anything useful, so... I cry, instead of screaming or beating the hell out of something.

Sorrow and even depression don't really get to me anymore, they make me laugh at myself more than anything. Sometimes I can't eat or sleep, but that's about it.

EDIT: Ah, Lady Macaiodh, reading your post made me cry.... yeah, that's another thing, other people's pain kills me... I don't really know what to say, I'm yet a kid... I don't have much experience with these things... ;_;

When I was little, I used to cry all the time. Over every little thing that upset me. I don't really cry to much anymore, but normally if I do it's over a friend who is going through difficult times, at the end of a really sad book, or sometimes for no apparent reason.

I know...I'm strange, aren't I? Ah, well, I'm sure I'm not alone in crying for others, so...yeah...heh.

Wow... I'm amazed at how many responses there are to this post, and how forthright you all are about a subject this personal! The way I came up, my family was always really distant, emotionally, so I sorta assumed that nobody talked about stuff like this. I mean, that's great! I'm just suprised... Otaku rock the emotional sincerity! ?_?

Hum... cry... I guess the last time I cried was at the end of Session 26... That probably sounds ridiculous after all the heavy stuff you guys have been dropping in this thread, but I just couldn't believe it ended like that, and it struck me as being a pretty good analogue for life as I've known it so far.

Tch. (dammit, I'm getting misty. Is it weird to empathize this much with a character in an anime?)

[color=darkblue][size=1]Well, it also hits me like a ton of bricks whenever Vegeta has an emotional scene on "Dragonball Z", if that makes you feel any better.

"The End of Vegeta", when he makes that speech about Saiya-jin pride as he's dying, I just wanted to bust into the TV and save him.

"Final Atonement", when he has his last talk with Chibi Trunks and hugs him for the first time. And earlier in the series when Trunks defeats Goten, and Vegeta is smiling like that, it made me so proud, I almost started crying.

"Transformed at Last" (which had nothing to do with Vegeta), was so utterly moving to me, because we'd all watched Goku for years, and he finally did it. I get choked up every time. And when Furiza finally apprears, and sends the red dot into Piccolo, and the dust is flying away from it, it gives me chills every time. It's ****ing amazing.

Also, I cried at age 5 when Bambi's mother died, but don't tell anyone.

And don't even get me started on "Cowboy Bebop". The sob sessions are too many to count.[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]I cried when Crono [spoiler]died[/spoiler] in Chrono Trigger. Not really sobbing cried, but there were a couple tears. I just couldn't believe it. My heart felt weak, and I just sat there staring in disbelief for a few minutes, head in my hands. It was like I lost a part of myself or something. No other videogame has had that strong an impact on me.

There've also been a few times where I've gotten teary-eyed while listening to certain songs from game soundtracks. The opera theme from Final Fantasy VI, Aeris' theme from Final Fantasy VII, and the ending theme from Super Mario 64 are the ones I remember offhand.[/color]

ummm.... I really never cry out of saddness. I only cry out of intense anger or frustation. I never cry at movies, funeral, anything. I have taught myself that crying shows weakness, I hate showing any kinds of weakness. Even though i am female, some think i should cry like all the time, over silly lil things. I'm not that way. I sort of built up an immunity to any kind of pain.

I just don't ever cry. I dunno why, hey that rhymed. hehehe!