OtakuBoards

Johnny Cash

Maully

[color=darkblue]Johnny Cash, one of my favorite musicians EVER, died last night/this morning. I think he was very influential, in many music genres. I just wanted to know if my admiration was shared, tell me what you guys think of the man in black.[/color]

he was really great. His last cover album was really depressing though, I think after his death its going tobe hard to listen to. Cash is just great because he always wrote songs about killing and death back in the days where people were even more conservative than they are now. One of my all time favorites of his was his cover of Rusty cage by Soundgarden.

Johnny Cash. I remember, about a year or two ago when I first got into country music, he was one of the first names i ever knew, and one of my favorites. Early this year, when his wife died, I began to really get into him. He's one of those peole that no one can forget once they've heard him. I don't believe there's a name in country music that dosen't know his name. He truly was a legend in his time.

[size=1]I heard about this earlier today along with the death of tat one guy from [i]Three's Company[/i] or whatever show he was on. People kept saying that this other guy's death was more tragic than Johnny Cash, but I would not believe them. Sure the other guy was younger, but I doubt he had anywhere near the credibility that Johnny Cash had.[/size]

I wasn't a Johnny Cash fan myself, but my parents loved him. They were going to name me Johnny Cash but thought I wasn't worthy of the name. He was a great artist I really liked his new song. My mom cried today when they gave him a memorial today on TV. I'm suppose to be going to his funeral; to pay my respects to the man who made my parents conceive me. They met at his concert. I will miss him dearly.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]I heard about this earlier today along with the death of tat one guy from [i]Three's Company[/i] or whatever show he was on. People kept saying that this other guy's death was more tragic than Johnny Cash, but I would not believe them. Sure the other guy was younger, but I doubt he had anywhere near the credibility that Johnny Cash had.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][b]John Ritter was just as great as Cash was, or even more so in my opinion. He was the nicest man alive.

I wasn't, or will never be a fan of Johnny Cash, but I understand why people mourn for him.[/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][b] but I understand why people mourn for him.[/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Because they have their own point of view:p

I do not know Johnny Cash,but I am sorry for his death.Everybody dies somehow,and it is sad when one does.Could someone inform me how he died?

Edit:I missed read.....o_o Sorry Leh

Think what you want about John Ritter... but he rocked in Three's Company as well as that really cool animated movie, Flight of Dragons. Has anyone else seen that?

Ritter was only like 54. I believe he had a heart attack on stage for his new, apparently successful sitcom (although I didn't care for it). It was almost like a comeback for him. It's more tragic in the sense that it was very unexpected compared to Cash. On top of this, I believe his best friend had died in close proximity to his death. That's a bit much, I'd say.

[quote]Johnny Cash is the original bad *** who wasn't afraid to push the limits. He will be sorely missed.[/quote]
Johnny Cash is my hero; the guy just didn't care what anybody [url=http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/Audio/cash-ad.php]thought[/url] about him! ?_? I loved his new album, and now I think it's about the perfect way to go out, for the man in black.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Think what you want about John Ritter... but he rocked in Three's Company as well as that really cool animated movie, Flight of Dragons. Has anyone else seen that?

Ritter was only like 54. I believe he had a heart attack on stage for his new, apparently successful sitcom (although I didn't care for it). It was almost like a comeback for him. It's more tragic in the sense that it was very unexpected compared to Cash. On top of this, I believe Ritter's best friend had died in close proximity to his death. That's a bit much, I'd say. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not to mention that is was 9/11 AND his daughters birthday. "Come and knock on my door, I'll be waiting for you..."