OtakuBoards

Gorillaz, the big hit false band...

Xra

Wow, its a first for Xra, he posts in the Music, Movies, and TV forum:p.

So anyway, are there any Gorillaz fans out there? They may not be the most popular band, but they are actually pretty good.

.....its hard trying to start a thread about a band oO;

[size=1] I was right into their first two singles first came out, Clint Eastwood and 19/2000, . I hated rock the house, I though thought it (it was the third single released) was quite unlike the other two I listened to and it put me off buying the album for some reason. I still listen to Clint Eastwood now and again, and chose that song for an interactive CD ROM I had to make for a band in one of my Multimedia modules at Course.

For a band that has only made one real CD, G Sides doesn't count for me considering it was only leftovers from album1, it was ok, it does get tired after 2 or more years though. [/size]

The Gorillaz are all right. There were always some funny comments between Blur and Oasis over this, since they apparently hate eachother.

I never bought their main CD, but I bought that remix CD called "Gorillaz vs the Space Monkeys" or something like that. The only real highlight of it was the remix of 19/2000, which I personally feel is better than the original.

It was also nice to hear Miho Hitori of Cibo Matto sing on the track. I wish Cibo Matto would just get back together already.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I liked the remix of 19/2000 better than the original, too.

I really like the Gorillaz. Maybe it's because I always had a thing for Blur? I don't know...and since they had the same lead singer, it was fun.

I liked the concept of the band actually BEING those animated characters. It was so nifty. They had cool names. ^_^ I always thought the little Japanese kid was a boy, though. Silly me.[/color][/size]

Awsome band. ALthough i would like to see what they relaly look luike, the cartoon persona's a cool and original. They remind me of a mellow/Up Beat Linkin Park. Two Guitarists, Lead Vocalist, Drummer, and MC. Sounds liek a formula for success. I wish they would resurface. I listend to there album cuz my Aunt Emmy, (who is young and worked for VH1 at one period) had it.

I loved every second. There were tow songs that i liked in particular. But i cannot remeber there names. All i can remeber is that one goes threw alot of music changes and it was about how this girl caused his dad to hate him and the other ine starts with alot of echoing yells for help. Strange, but very cool songs.

PS- there was another song i loved called Rock the House that was purely Rap and had an awsoem and hilarious video. And most of the members are from BLUR. Namely the lead singer and the guitarist with the bushy hair and red eyed.

I bought their CD and now that I think of it, I have no idea where it is now. But I didn't like listening to the whole thing wich was a shame.

I don't like "rock the house" either, it just didn't seem to fit with what they were doing, an odd song out so to speak.

I loved the animations they used for the gorillaz though, I only wish they would continue working and making videos.

.....I was also dissorientated for a week when I found out that noodle was a girl.

Just as confusing when I was told that Davey Havoc was gay...

Oh!Oh!I like them....

I remember that they were playing the music on Cartoon Network,that and Daft Punk(another great band).

I liked their songs alot,but don't remember the names of them.They are kindda techno.....I think,with rock and rap.I think I may buy some of their CDs,and can listen to them all the time.

Gorillaz is cool. I like all there songs. My favorite is Clint Eastwood(whats with the name). I wonder how the band really look sometimes. I've never seen them before. I have looked for pictures but then I just get the cartoons. Does anyone have a picture of the true band not the toons?

I love that clint eastwood song! Thats my jam! I can quote the whole song! Noddle's a girl?! Whoah! I loved it when daft punk and the gorillaz were on cartoon network. I love daft punk too. I loved the music video of the gorillaz when they were driving on a freeway or something and a moose hit them. LOL

I like Gorillaz. Their music has nice beats and interesting lyrics. Does anyone know if there are any more CDs that are supposed to be released anytime soon?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]
Why's everyone hate "Rock the House", anyway?
[/B][/QUOTE]

I personally liked it because it just seemed so much different from the others on the CD. I also liked the lyrics. ^_^ It was just an overall fun song.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the Gorillaz, seeing that all I've heard by them is Clint Eastwood and 19/2000, but I liked both of those songs. They really are a unique band. I can't think of many other bands like them, but that doesn't really matter. All in all, they are pretty good from what I've heard.

P.S. 2D's eye's scare me.......

[color=crimson][size=1] I don't love them more than life or anything of the sort, but I'll willingly admit that "Clint Eastwood" is one of the only songs who's lyrics I can keep up to. (Which is a feat because I can't sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb on beat...)[/color][/size]