OtakuBoards

Have you ever wished life was just plain simple?

GreenEyedDragon

[color=red]For instance, what if anyone you chose automatically loved you? Unrealistic, i know, because what if two people wanted the same person to love them? SYSYEM BREAKDOWN! But what if? I mean, there could be a rule that if someone's taken, go pick someone else! They say there's someone out there for everybody, so-providing there's an even number of people-we could all just pick one, instead of all the hassle.

Plus, if life were simple, we could all just not sleep--we wouldn't need it, life's too simple! No sleep, more time--for what i know not, but thats less stress right there....but wait, there's no stress, life's way too simple to worry! No homework, no anger, no anything....

but here it comes, if life were this simple-which seems to be what the world of today would prefer-would we really be human? I mean, if it were all so easy, would there be feelings? Would people actually LIVE? There's not a single person who hasn't cried in their life, so part of life is sadness, and part of it is anger. Part of life is joy, part of life is pain, and so on. And then there's death. Would this simple world have death? or would that be too complicated, and people would just live forever? And what about disease? Mental illness? Genetic defects?

I would really like to know what people think, because i'm sure there are a lot of great opinions out there, and i was curious to know what people thought. I mean, what would our world be without all the bad stuff too? Just think about it, i guess, and hopefully respond...

~Alex[/color]

I think your third paragraph pretty much covered what I'd say. Even though there are many aspects of my life that are a pain... they're what make the good aspects seem so good. If I got to choose everything like that, I think I'd be more like a robot. What would be the point of living if I couldn't actually [i]live[/i]?

Reminds me of Appleseed.

Of course, I could still do without many of the monotonous, seemingly pointless tasks I have to complete day in and day out.

[color=purple] I havent been on for a while uggh... school...
THAT WAS REALLY REALLY DEEP!!!!! and confusing. Kinda :D
Well, like semjaza that third paragraph pretty much sumed it up for me too. But life could be more simple ie: less homework and stress. Less not none. But life would be really stupid without the stuff that gives you a chalange. I guess thats all i can think of right now.

edit: I submitted this before i read your 2nd post. heh.
I have read the giver. But you realise that just the stuff on the outside was controlled like colors and behaviors but it didnt really control the stuff on the inside. But we could only see inside one kids head (i forgot his name, its been 4 years) and he was the reciver person so you couldnt really tell.
And my oponion on the book: I hated it!!! Because i didnt like the way the society worked, no color all aspects of life controlled by rules, careers are assigned. Bleh. Would you like to live in a society like that. And if simpler would be like that, i would say NO THANK YOU!!!! Because individuality is important. I guess some simpler things would be better but all out monotanous... no way!!
[/color]

[color=green]Have you ever read the book [i]Brave New World[/i] by Aldous Huxly? Not completely in line with your topic, but not far off either... Everyone knows their station in life from the time they are born, they neither strive for higher ranks or look down on those below, because they are there to fulfil a purpose. To the negative, though, there is no drive left to humanity. Everything is machanized. The is desire among people, but no passion, no inventive spirit. Tragic really. (Don't worry if you haven't read it, I haven't really spoiled anything for you, but pick it up, it's GREAT!!!)

The drive to better our position in life, whether emotional, financial or whatever is a great deal of the human spirit, if you ask me, which no one did, but whatever. If life were as simple as you outlined above there would be nothing to live for.[/color]

IF everything was as simple as you described, then it would suck. But we wouldn;t know it, because we would have no emotions. Life would be better if it was [i]simpler[/i] but not [i]that[/i] simple, because then. well it would be pointkless and nothing, and there would be no fun, or joy gained from hardships.

it's also somewhat similar to the book " Brave New World" by Aldous Huxely. Good book. Pick it up, it's about a utopian society that lives off a drug called soma....and are conditioned from "birth" to only be happy. Ford(the guy that owned and started the ford car company) is the "deity" figure...and his assembly line idea is proposed to be used for children and life.

Anyway. if life was that simple, it wouldn't be life. Given my current siruation, I would love to tell steve to go pick someone else, but beign that we are human, I can't really do that, and have him go " ok..dumm dee dumm dee dumm"

Yeah

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]it's also somewhat similar to the book " Brave New World" by Aldous Huxely. Good book. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is how you know no one reads anyone else's posts heh :p

I don't know what the average age of this place is. All I know is that it's probably close to the age when I was most likely too busy playing videogames and drawing goofy, morbid pictures to be concerned with things like this.

Doesn't anyone ever just want to have fun being a kid? I sure as hell miss it.

[color=green]I miss it alot, God, do I miss it. 40 Hours a week to just scrape by on my own... not so much fun... WOOHOO, I'm going back to school though, thanks Mom and Dad! Monay troubles take the foreground in my wish for a simpler life, what about you guys?[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Life is and will always be simple. Simple can still be hard, however. Even though a deeper thinking into the mechanisms of how people's problems exist and affect human beings may prove conceptually useful, it doesn't take but simple measures to solve them. Life is complicated because we make it complicated, and because we choose to consider more factors than necessary to get the job done.

If you're talking about a world without the "bad," then we wouldn't appreciate the good. In fact, bad cannot be eliminated. If the things we see as negative in our world would suddenly disappear, the bad would simply take a new form to replace what's gone.

Not only that, but being exposed to the bad can actually prove motivational for people to try and achieve a goal, whether it'd be getting into shape, earning more money, or trying to make the girl you have a crush on go out with you. No pain, no gain. The worse problems are, the better one feels when he finally overcomes them. Bad experiences also teach valuable lessons that can be carved on our minds for life.

Life's also unfair. Sometimes negative things happen without your control, and you end up with the weight of the consequences. These experiences and situations can either brake or make a person, and as such they are essential in human society. There's no need to think about the world that will never be, as a world without pain is anything but paradise.[/color][/font]

[size=1]To me, you seem to be talking about how to make a perfect life[i](Is perfect the same as a simple?)[/i]. I think life is unfair to everyone, in a good and bad way. So being unfair to everyone is pretty fair to me, kinda I think.

and BTW, I agree with Cyke ^_^

To me life has always been simple. Its just that we make it complicated with our fancy refrigerators and such, pretty soon(or the distant furture) the answer to almost all of our problems will be solved by machines and computers.

EG: Help in finding that special someone. BAM! The internet. Finding notes(summaries) for a novel. BAM! The internet, or your friends, but internet too.[/size]

All I'd ask for in a simple world is to live with no responsibilities except to draw for the people who it would make happy. Everything else can stay the same, but that one little change would make my life perfect... and simple.

Ah, it's just the smallest things that make us happy. :)

[color=green]The smallest thing can make us happy, but what has come about for that smallest thing, or because of it? Life is inexplicably simple and complicated all in one, guys... Think of the metaphore a butterfly flaps his wings on one side of the world and cause a typhoon on the other, or to use yesterday Simpson's episode, if you ever go back in time, don't touch ANYTHING, because it will change EVERYTHING. Life is a series of chain reactions and everything is connected. It's whether you want to accept this and live with it or fight it to see life as simple or complicated.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Apparently you don't remember what it was like to be a kid.

Because life really is simple when you're only 5 or 6 or 7 or something. The worst thing that ever happens is you fall and scrape your knee. [/B][/QUOTE]

Im not so sure about that. Yeah, Thats what adults always told me, but what I believe, is that no matter what age you are, Lifes going to always push you to your limits; A person doesnt change, only there responsibilities.. And for something to be more 'difficult' then another, is that because of the responsibility or the person?

A simple life to me would be not having to move every two to three years to a new state, town, or country. But i wouldn't want a simpler life. Complexity and twists are what makes life interesting and livable. I like my life and wouldn't trade it for anything but its equal. As the saying goes, "Variety is the spice of life..." and i tottally understand.

If life were simple,it woule bore you always. Just think, What if you never had any fear at all because whoever you loved loves you?besides,you'd probably end up with the wrong person because you'd never get to learn what they're like and stuff in the way with feelings. You wouldn't have fights,and in my book fights actually make friendships stronger when all is said and done. I mean,what is love without hate? There'd be no challenge, so what would be there to satisfy you in the end? When you're old and look back on life,what would you have to be proud of?

I agree with Baron Samedi. Without feelings or the ability to experience things life would be useless. That's why humans were put on this earth. To experience things and live happy lives. I read The Giver also and it kind of made me sad. The people had no idea how to live or what they were missing. They lived like robots, doing the same thing over and over again like animals and we are nothing like animals. So basically I think simpler lives would just be a problem. It would be chaotic. And just like in The Giver, there will be that one person to rebel. It'll always be like that.