Meteora Posted September 17, 2003 Posted September 17, 2003 [color=darkblue][size=1][i]I figured this would go here because its about music, but anyways as the title suggest is there any song that reminds you of someone, or something. Write it here and tell us. I'll tell you the million songs that remind me of someone or something later.[/color][/size][/i]
scrmngfangrl Posted September 24, 2003 Posted September 24, 2003 the master of puppets cd from metallica reminds me neverwinter nights, i used to listen to them while i played the game. dizzy up the girls from goo goo dolls reminds me germany.
Meteora Posted September 24, 2003 Author Posted September 24, 2003 [color=darkblue][size=1][i]Figure.09 by Linkin Park reminds my of a girl named Anna, and some things we went through. It was a tough time. But yeah that song reminds me of that.[/color][/size][/i]
Jokopoko Posted September 24, 2003 Posted September 24, 2003 [COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Theres quite a few songs that remind me of people and places, hmmmm *ponders* what are they: [I]Idlewild[/I] - Remote Part/Scotish Fiction [I]Staind[/I] - It's Been a While [I]Hoobastank[/I] - Running Away [I]Custom[/I] - Hey Mister (:laugh:, listen to it and you'll guess why) [I]System of a Down[/I] - Aerials [I]Disturbed[/I] - Fear or Numb (I can't remember which) [I]InMe[/I] - Neptune (:( Sad song) I'm sure theres more but I can't remember them ><[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Meteora Posted September 25, 2003 Author Posted September 25, 2003 [color=666666][size=1][i]Will you please explain why you picked those songs? I dont want this thread to be closed. Now another song that reminds me of something is Faint because if you listen to it, it tells a story. Its wierd. To me it reminds me of anger and such. [/color][/size][/i]
Maully Posted September 25, 2003 Posted September 25, 2003 [color=green]I like to listen to music while I read, and therefore if I hear a song i listened to doring a book I want to read that book again or if I do re-read something, I associate it with the song and I listen to that CD again, it is an endless cycle.:rolleyes: Anything by Jeff Buckley makes me think of my boyfriend, who introduced me to his wonderful voice, and Jordan (boyfriend) is very sentimental, like Jeff Buckley's songs...:love: [/color]
moon-scar demon Posted September 25, 2003 Posted September 25, 2003 The song somewhere I belong from Linkin Park has its moments.Emotionelss from Good Charlotte used to remind me of my stepdad but now it doesn't. My song is Pretty Fly (for a white guy) from the Offspring,lol!
Pagan Posted September 25, 2003 Posted September 25, 2003 The only song I'm like that with is Its a Small World After All. When I was little I went to Disney World with my parents and my parents put me on that ride. They went out and played and forgot all about me. I rode that annoying ride with all it flashing light, vibrant colors, and cheesy robots for hours until they finally came found me. Now whenever someone sings, hums,or whistles that horrible song it sends me into a blind rage. Once I got in a fight because someone was humming something that sounded kinda like it. The school got me consouling and I might just have it under control atleast until I hear it again
The (Sic) Shape Posted September 25, 2003 Posted September 25, 2003 Here are some songs Im thinking about right now... [B]SlipKnot[/B]-Spit It Out: Pretty much describes about when Im being pissed off at someone. [B]Marilyn Manson[/B]-The Love Song: Makes me think about my ex-girlfriend and we considered this "our song". I got others but Im gonna stop here.
Meteora Posted September 25, 2003 Author Posted September 25, 2003 [color=666666][size=1][i]Wow I didnt know there were, so many people who had songs that remind them of something. Well Anyways Numb by Linkin Park also reminds me of anger, rage and Anna.[/color][/size][/i]
Angelus_Necare Posted September 25, 2003 Posted September 25, 2003 whenever I listen to "we want fun" by andrew (somethingorother) I think about DBZ for some odd reason, maybe it's the beaconing to be made into an AMV. Plus I think about the bad times spent fighting with my friends when I listen to any likin park song.
Zanarkand Abes Posted September 25, 2003 Posted September 25, 2003 The theme song for the OC reminds me of my best friend, because he was about to move to California for college. Instead he went to Chicago.
Evil Pancakes Posted September 26, 2003 Posted September 26, 2003 Anything by Placebo makes me think about this guy I used to love... He got me even more into them, if that's possible. And he looks like Brian Molko, which would make him the second most perfect man on Earth. Hmph. >.< The Dandy Warhols, too, have a lot of association with him. Memory of a Free Festival by David Bowie is such a nostalgic song... Well, it reminds me a bit of this little village in the Alps of Italy, the most amazing place in the world... But it also is sort of them theme song for a place in my head that I can never reach... Anything from The Mard Volta's album De-Loused in the Comatorium reminds me of their concert, which turned out to be disastrous because I had a panic attack in the middle of second-row moshing. Turns out I hadn't eat for the last 36 hours and had to shakily drink a glass of icewater, but I couldn't go back into the moshpit. Makes me a bit sad. Songs by The Polyphonic Spree make me remember happy times and always make me smile... I love good vibes bands.
zaufier Posted September 26, 2003 Posted September 26, 2003 [size=1]down with the sickness by disturbed it kinda reminds me of something..very personal though.. if u know the song..you'll understand[/size]
Guest Magdalena Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 "Sometimes" by Britney Spears. It was my boyfriends song for me in the 6th grade. Anyway, I'm happy to know I'm not the only one to know about InMe or Idlewild.
Corey Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 "I've got a F and a C and I got a K too. And the only thing that missin' is a b!tch like U." Reminds me of this girl I used to know. If you were better at her in the slightest thing you were automatically hated. The song is (s)AINT by Marilyn Manson.
Meteora Posted September 27, 2003 Author Posted September 27, 2003 [color=666666][size=1][i]Wow thats a wonderful song. Well its pretty cool that people have songs that remind them of people. I also have Breaking the Habit. It reminds me of people not listening I have no clue why though.[/color][/size][/i]
Tix Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 Led Zepplin- Stairway to Heaven, this sons reminds me off a freind I was close to lose because of a breathing problem...
Corey Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 More Human Than Human by Rob Zombie (Actually White Zombie at the time) once reminded me of Jesus. But it no longer does.
Fyxe Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well, about a year or so ago me and my sisters good friend died in a car accident. Whadda ya know... it was because of a drunk driver. But anyway, the song we heard right after he died was Crawling by Linkin Park... and it just well... fit. So whenever I hear that song, I always remember his death. So that is what song reminds me of who.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ibdirty2003 Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 man have i gotta a lot of songs that remind me of ppl like usher-ugot it bad reminds me of my ex radio head creep reminds me of the same person ummmm there are many others but i just dont feel like naming them all lol
Kyo no Ryu Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 This one is easy. All pop songs remind me of each other! But seriously Linkin Park songs usually make me think of two things, me and anime. Its like all my favorites combined! When I listen to 311 it reminds me of happy times. Disturbed reminds me of religeon... Slipknot reminds me NO RELIGEON. Finaly System of A Down reminds me of how corrupt some governments *cough* are.
amibasuki Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 [FONT=arial]311's [i]Champagne[/i] reminds me of late nights of Evangelion. I had to watch the series late at night because that was the only time the TV was free, and I happened to be listening to From Chaos a lot during that time period, so it stuck. [/FONT]
Meteora Posted September 28, 2003 Author Posted September 28, 2003 [color=666666][size=1][i]My Way Or The Highway-Limp Bisket reminds me of arguing because of the lyrics. Just think qabout it and you will get it.[/color][/size][/i]
Kenshin_K Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely by the Backstreet Boys reminds me of my great great grandmother... I loved her... And still do... She passed away... *sniff*
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now