OtakuBoards

Japan

satan665

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heartless Me [/i]
[B]Actually it's not GAKUTO It's Gackt(it's pronounced gakuto) and it's not just a celebrity it's a very popular J-Rock band. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, we're quite aware of that, incase you didn't see my avatar with him in it. And his band is called Gackt Job, his name is Gackt...

Anyway, the concent age in Japan is like 12, so they can legally get away with sex with a 12 year old, as opposed to the US where the concent age is 18 I think? Australia is 16, I think it's 18 in most of Europe too.

You must also remember that the majority of the population in Japan is purely Japanese people. They don't have any multicultural influences like in America. There's no Irish people living in Japan lol. Well I assume there's some, but not alot. You get what I'm saying. They have a strong culture, I would suggest you learn some of it before you think about going... just as to not offend any of them.

Oh yeah, learn some Kareoke and don't mess with the Yakuza, cause they don't like you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]Anyway, nudit, but no pubic hair? So they just..shaved? Sorry.. Anyway, lots oe perverts, and they're much more focused on younger, 11-16 aged girls. Yeah... [/B][/QUOTE]

Pictures of the vagina/penis must be censored - both in film and print. T&A is fine apparently.

With all those bonuses, who wouldn't want to go to Japan? lol.

That kind of stuff just strikes me as being strange, kind of freaky and perverted. Which it is. by our culture at any rate. But hey, wouldn't it be fun to go to Japan? When Drix gets voted for President, he should send all (posting) OB'ers to Japan for a 5 weeks luxury tour. lol.

Just try to be respectful- get a guide if you can afford one.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]With all those bonuses, who wouldn't want to go to Japan? lol.

That kind of stuff just strikes me as being strange, kind of freaky and perverted. Which it is. by our culture at any rate. But hey, wouldn't it be fun to go to Japan? When Drix gets voted for President, he should send all (posting) OB'ers to Japan for a 5 weeks luxury tour. lol.

Just try to be respectful- get a guide if you can afford one. [/B][/QUOTE]

hehe but if drix sent people to japan he wouldn't have anymore plane tripes out of the country since the president is limited.....

but besides the point.

I believe the just shave your pubic hair idea is wrong, I believe they won't allow where their should be pubic hair on tv.... but I suggest I haven't been their so I can't truly say.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by craig8429 [/i]
[B]I believe the just shave your pubic hair idea is wrong, I believe they won't allow where their should be pubic hair on tv.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well if you would take a precious few minutes out of your life to read posts you'd realize their censorship rules have nothing to do with hair.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Well if you would take a precious few minutes out of your life to read posts you'd realize their censorship rules have nothing to do with hair. [/B][/QUOTE]

well oddly enough I did read. :-/ but I happen not to catch your meaning. I mind you, I am wrong I suppose. but I have actually happened to read that the law is no pubic hair thats all.

So I was only refering to partly the posts about yours.

And another thing I forgot to add. Pubic hair is supposivly outlawed. .....so I was technically right in saying what I did.
I wasn't saying " they are allowed to show sexual organs",. I was saying I think they are allowed to show all but pubic hair.

in all right I may have skipped a post and all so I am sorry. but majority I don't bbelieve I skipped more of a skimmed(sp):-/

^^ That is partly untrue. They different laws regarding live and drawn movies. As for print media, they can get away with it in manga but probably not the MaiNichi Shinbun. Point of interest though, it is against the law to say the Japanese word for "retarded babies" in both movies and media.

If your going to Japan you MUST visit Shinjuku on a sunday! Jrockers paradise! Also, Ginza street is cool, you should go to a live house and see a concert. Tea with a Geisha is probably out of the question unless you want a Mediocre one, but who wants that! Gah, there's so much you could do. If I were you, I'd be going nutz...

As for the "baka" topic, you wont get as strong a reaction as you would if you said "Aho" which is a really really mean way of essentially saying stupid.

I am going to try and move to Japan when I'm 19 or 20, so I'm glad I found this forum. There's a lot of good advice in here. I am going to have tea with the geisha for sure. Does anyone know a way I can learn Japanese besides in school? I have no Japanese language class, which sucks. If anyone on here will give me Japanese lessons, PM me.
Here's some advice though satan665: You should go to see Mt. Fuji. It is really beutiful.

see, the thing i dont understand is, how is undies in a vending machine related to sexual perversion? if i saw undies in a vending machine, i would think they were for people who forgot to put some on that morning (lol) or they just plain didnt have any more clean ones at the moment....
maybe someone can explain? 0.o

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]see, the thing i dont understand is, how is undies in a vending machine related to sexual perversion? if i saw undies in a vending machine, i would think they were for people who forgot to put some on that morning (lol) or they just plain didnt have any more clean ones at the moment....
maybe someone can explain? 0.o [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal]Lawl.

Undies in a vending machine? That's pure economic genius. [i]What if[/i] someone forgot to put underwear on? I'd sure like to live in a place where I know there's backup.

It's all about the people.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ares [/i]
[B]I am going to try and move to Japan when I'm 19 or 20, so I'm glad I found this forum. There's a lot of good advice in here. I am going to have tea with the geisha for sure. Does anyone know a way I can learn Japanese besides in school? I have no Japanese language class, which sucks. If anyone on here will give me Japanese lessons, PM me.
Here's some advice though satan665: You should go to see Mt. Fuji. It is really beutiful. [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, its not so much that they forgot them, its that someone might have taken them...

Anyway, Ares, the best way to learn Japanese is through experience. You just gotta plant yourself in Japan and learn it outta neccesity. If you cant do that, then find a school that will teach you. Its too hard to have someone just teach you over PMs or something.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B]Anyway, Ares, the best way to learn Japanese is through experience. You just gotta plant yourself in Japan and learn it outta neccesity. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that's a little too much like trying to learn how to ride a bike... in a swimming pool.

You should at least have a decent foundation of knowledge before you go there. Because, yes, necessity is a great way to learn a lot and quickly. However unless you kind of know what you're doing, you're going to be in way over your head, especially considering that Japanese people speak in English to you.

Honestly... while in Japan EVERYONE spoke to me in English. Granted it was poorly pronounced and broken, and generally just not that great, but they are more than willing to cater to you in the field of language. I don't know why teachers even bother teaching kids greetings like "konnichiwa" or "ohayou gozaimasu" or anything of that sort. Everyone just says "haro" to you if you're white.

[B]Honestly... while in Japan EVERYONE spoke to me in English. Granted it was poorly pronounced and broken, and generally just not that great, but they are more than willing to cater to you in the field of language. I don't know why teachers even bother teaching kids greetings like "konnichiwa" or "ohayou gozaimasu" or anything of that sort. Everyone just says "haro" to you if you're white. [/B][/QUOTE]
do you guys think there should be a universal language created, so there are no language barriers? i said that to somone once, and they said yeah, there already is..english!
thats a bad attitude to have, really.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]see, the thing i dont understand is, how is undies in a vending machine related to sexual perversion? if i saw undies in a vending machine, i would think they were for people who forgot to put some on that morning (lol) or they just plain didnt have any more clean ones at the moment....
maybe someone can explain? 0.o [/B][/QUOTE]
no one has informed me about that still....doesnt anyone else know, either?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Fate[/i]

Lawl.

Undies in a vending machine? That's pure economic genius. What if someone forgot to put underwear on? I'd sure like to live in a place where I know there's backup.

It's all about the people.[/quote]

Do you get it? It is just strange. Or, as SadClown said- maybe they didn't fprget them, maybe someone took them. It is just creepy and weird. If you think that is normal.... well. Yeh.

[B]I think that's a little too much like trying to learn how to ride a bike... in a swimming pool.

You should at least have a decent foundation of knowledge before you go there. Because, yes, necessity is a great way to learn a lot and quickly. However unless you kind of know what you're doing, you're going to be in way over your head, especially considering that Japanese people speak in English to you.

Honestly... while in Japan EVERYONE spoke to me in English. Granted it was poorly pronounced and broken, and generally just not that great, but they are more than willing to cater to you in the field of language. I don't know why teachers even bother teaching kids greetings like "konnichiwa" or "ohayou gozaimasu" or anything of that sort. Everyone just says "haro" to you if you're white. [/B][/QUOTE]

I still think that the best way to learn a language is when you NEED to. By going to Japan, you'll have to learn it to survive. And Japanese people's english can only go so far. Eventhough it's required in school, that doesn't mean any of them are good at it.

UUh. With some languages you can pick up the gist of it. Now, English and Japanese are totally incompatible. So therefore, you go there and wonder around stupidly, wandering what the **** the people are saying. So, it is a terrible idea to go there with no idea at all. Have a basic groundng in it, but most of them speak rudimentary English anyway. It's not like you are going to be telling them how to perform a frontal lobotomy, so it shouldn't be too difficult to tget the message across.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]UUh. With some languages you can pick up the gist of it. Now, English and Japanese are totally incompatible. So therefore, you go there and wonder around stupidly, wandering what the **** the people are saying. So, it is a terrible idea to go there with no idea at all. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dissagree with you 100% If we are talking about the best way to learn the language, then I stand by what I said. You can study all the books in the world, but when you dont have experience using the language you can only do so much. And in fact, most of what they teach you in textbooks or school is not how they speak over there anyway. Even going there with no knowledge of the language at all, you will still learn faster and more accuretly than if you went to school.

Thanks for the language advice...yah...I hear that in Japan the students can't drive. You have to be an adult. And I hear the students don't throw parties over there often at all. My friend in Japan told me this.

Hmm.. I'd just like to point out..Someone said go to Shinjuku on a sunday for JRockers paradise?If you go to Shinjuku on a sunday, you will see businessmen and probably porostitutes looking for business men.. And a few shoppers.. And a big crosswalk. I think you are talking about Karejuku, which is where people crave attention and dress up all goth-y like. Sounds fun, and on sundays it's even more filled with people like that. Fruits is how many people refer to them, but some people got all original and decided to write it FRUiTS or something.. I dunno.... I just think they're all really sexy. Normally.

I would rather study all the books in the world, and know what they are saying. Imagine going there, and not knowing any English. Now, pretend they don't ever speak English. You're screwed. However, get a basic grounding, and quite a few of them speak some English anyway, and you'll get by.