Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
If anyone has seen Escaflowne, the dubs were on Fox Kids, and still are. Does anyone like it, I LOVE it!
I think its cool and should of made it go on for longer than 26 eps. does anyone else think it should've been longer?
and what is your fav. character? Mine is Dalandau, the pyromaniac...heh...
Posted
I saw it, it's not doing too well. Foxkids has to take it off the air, they didn't show all the episodes yet. I could be wrong, I saw Escaflowne last year or the year before on Fox, I can't remember. Unless Fox show it again.
Posted
Alot of anime series in Japan only go for 26 episodes... it's the norm for TV series there.

Anyway, Tenkuu no Escaflowne is pretty good. For a mecha anime.... but it's more than a mecha anime and it deals with sword fighting too so thats always a plus :) I enjoyed the series.... although I have yet to watch the movie.... I have it here but I'm too lazy.
Posted
You...You have the movie? It's in a room in your house...And you're not watching it? Oh!! That's not fair...I wish i had it...I would have watched it to death by now!:)
Transtic, did you know that Dilandau is a girl? She is and they do tests to keep her a boy!
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Escaflowne is a pretty cool. Especially for a Mecha Anime.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]I liked the movie though I rated it "D" For DYNOMITE!!!![/COLOR]


[COLOR=teal]I liked it because character personalities were taken to extremes, and the battles were more bloody and violent than ever. At the same time, the plot was tighter, with almost no superfluous elements. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]Good thing I still have it on my C.D .[/COLOR]


:smirk: Peace:smirk:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]
Transtic, did you know that Dilandau is a girl? She is and they do tests to keep her a boy! [/B][/QUOTE]

That wouldn't make her a girl then... He's gay anyway hehe and cute... and some of his little Dragon Slayer guys are cute too :) hehehe

But yes, I have the movie... somewhere... I also have alot of movies here I haven't watched... Sprigan, etc...
Posted
[SIZE=1]You... Think.... Boring of Tenkuu no Escaflowne? AAAAA.... Ok, if that makes you happy................[/SIZE]
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
i thought it was pretty cool. how there were mechs before technology was inented. the characters in the story really bring the story plot along and i really like that.:laugh:
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
Im currently atching it on Fox kids, I wish theyd show it on something else, it make me feel a bit awkward watching something obviously aimed at little kids
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
:mad: fox kids took escaflowne off the air and replaced it with that crappy los luchadores or something like that. that really ticked me off and i was getting the story line down and getting into it. but hey i'll get the series uncut and on dvd so its not a very bad thing.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heero_Yuy [/i]
[B]:mad: fox kids took escaflowne off the air and replaced it with that crappy los luchadores or something like that. that really ticked me off and i was getting the story line down and getting into it. but hey i'll get the series uncut and on dvd so its not a very bad thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I was also dissapointed when they took it off of Fox. I was getting into the show myself, then I turned on the T.V. one day, and ya. . that stupid wrestling show was on. . LOL. . . I was upset. . but will have to get the DVD sooner or later~ just too lazy
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[b]I'm sure that Escaflowne was aired ages ago, when I was tidgey, because every episode so far on FK, I've already seen, and know what's gonna happen,...like the guy wit the shiney hair and wings...hehe he coo...[/b]
Posted
I got really ticked when Fox took it off. I'm pretty sure here they rerplaced it with "Nascar Racers"...Talk about a dumb show to switch Escaflowne with.... Visions of Escaflowne is soooo good! Since they took it off the air, I went to the store and bought it. I busted a lot of money, though. ^.^ My favorite charcter is either Dilandau, Van, or Folken. I can't decide. They're all so cool! (ahem, cute, too ^_^). Escaflowne is one of my favorite series, even though it is only 26 eps. I thought the storyline was great throughout the whole series. It almost seemed to be part Shoujo Anime, especially near the end. With the love and all. lol:love:
Posted
feel fortunate it was taken off the air. fox butchered Visions of Escaflowne so badly it's sad. i'm watching it right now, and I think it's one of the best anime's i've seen in a while
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]I really enjoyed it while it was being shown... although my family always made fun of the animation. Pinocchio noses. >_<[/FONT]
Posted
Ive seen some of the episodes and liked it but i rarely get time to watch it so i dont know much of whats going on when i do (despite the fact that theres only one series being shown) - it is still being shown here in the uk but it just goes in cycles, once they finish the series they show it over again.
Posted
I love Escaflowne. I want to name my daughter Katomi because I just love the name. I just wish I had the money to buy the DVD's or VHS's. :(

lol just saw this face. :drunk:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]I love Escaflowne. I want to name my daughter Katomi because I just love the name. I just wish I had the money to buy the DVD's or VHS's. :(

lol just saw this face. :drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]
Who's Katomi? I bought the series on VHS, but now I wish I'd gotten it in DVD. Do they have bilingual DVD's for Escaflowne? I think they dubbed Esca pretty well. The voices match the characters pretty well, and they don't stick out like they do sometimes.
Posted
My favorite character was Folken...and I think he died...

I saw some of it on fox kids, but I don't hardly remember it because they took it off the air really early. But I saw the last volume subtitled and the end of the series was a pretty big shocker...can't believe all that stuff that ending up happening. But it was so awesome. But I really DO NOT like Hitomi. She's such an annoying twit....
Posted
Escaflowne is amazing!!!!! Or should I say was. I think they're still showing it on Foxs Kids in England. My favourite charcter would have to be Vaughn or Alan! Dalandou is an a**. He pisses me off, but then I found out he was actually Alan's sister so now I like him.

P.S. I'm sure it's Hitomi and not Katomi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...