Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Who other than me has read the FLCL manga? Its owned by Tokyopop and the first issue is out. Its not nearly as confusing as the show but still a little. Like most manga its a heckofa lot different than the anime. It still is good though. Definetally a must read.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eternal Otaku [/i]
[B]Ah, but the ending is different! Trust me. The manga and anime have next to nothing the same. If your afraid of spoiled endings fear no more [/B][/QUOTE]

generally the endings are not the same, but in some area's I believe it maybe. it will probably be another hanging ending unless the choose to write on.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I checked it out on Tokyopop.com before it came out. The drawing wasn't the best, but I will deal with it. I havn't gotten the chance to pick the book up, I have 2 reasons for that:1. I do not live by a book store that sells manga. 2. I AM BROKE!! I think those are good enough reasons. :D
But I could always order it, then it would be sent to our bookstore. I'll figure that out later..... Anyway, I'll pick it up when I have the chance![/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
i think the drawing in the manga really suits it^^
i love the manga, it's so awesome, with the the anime i kept getting lost, but with the book i can go back an reread what i missed.
anyway, im not letting anyone but my most trustworthy friend sread it^^
Posted
Thats the spirit! Spoken like a true FLCL fan. Nice to get someone who agrees on the drawing. Hopefully more people who think like you will reply. Thanks scrmingfangrl I needed that.
Posted
[color=indigo]
The drawing made it actually harder to understand for me. I read the first one, and was all excited, but by the end, I was thinking "Is that all there is?" So I didn't but it. I just go to Barnes and Nobles or Borders, and read manga for hours. And it's free!
[/color]
Posted
Its also illegal. You get caught you get in trouble. Luckily it doesnt happen often. I felt that the bad drawing made it easier accept in battle scenes. I hope that more people who have read it reply... please keep this alive
Posted
I haven't got it yet, but I think I'd like to get it. Is it anything like the show? I didn't like the show that much. It kind of got too different to me.
  • 11 months later...
Posted
Sorry if this has been posted before. I recently bought both volumes of FLCL. I was wondering if some people who saw the anime noticed the Difference between the two.
After i read it i wondered why they arn't the same. Does anyone know why i would love to hear some ideas. :D
Posted
[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1]I love the series FLCL.I love how they do the dirty kissing in the manga lol.Anyway I wonder the exact question you do.Maby the anime didn't come out like the wanted so they changed the manga around or vice versa.That is just what I just thought up.I am probably wrong though.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Zero71090
Posted
Maybe they had two diffrent ideals. With one they would turn it into an Anime, and the other a Manga. That way they could both be appreciated, and enjoyed. But that's just one theory I've come up with; I'm still trying to come up with another. Theory that is. :D
Posted
Regardless, FLCL freaking owns. It is so ******* saddening though that it was like what? 5 episodes? That anime is im gona miss for sure :bawl: Even though the plopt didn;t have much more to do, it would still have been nice to have a simmiler one put out. I just loved it so goddam much! The wierd thing was, well, when you DL it it ws like 35 MB but it had AVI quality, which was jsut totally awsom.
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I own both the manga's as well as the dvd set. and although both rank up there among my favorites i have to say that i like the manga a lot better than the anime. I think the artwork was much better in the manga and the characters and story developed much better in the manga. the ending panned out a lot better i think too. Though the anime really had its high points too, the action was done really well and i couldn't help but laugh my *** off in episode 5 when [spoiler]they parody south park's animation style[/spoiler]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I own the manga and saw the anime on cartoon network.
It really is very different, I personally like the anime more it's way more crazier :p
The manga was a big dissapointment. I read in Animerica magazine that GONZO did the manga after the anime. deep huh? :sleep: :mad:

Just something I wanted to share.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...