Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
every since i heard them on flcl i haven't been able to get them out of my head. they are the best band ever!
they kinda remind of the sixties ish bands sometimes. theyre really good, the singings great, the lyrics are great(hehe;P), and the music is awesome. who else likes em?
Posted
The Pillows are one of the few Japanese bands I've listened to that I really liked from the start. I checked them out awhile back because someone compared them to the Pixies.

They're nothing like the Pixies. Nor do I really think they're like any 60s music I've heard... but they are very good and I liked all that I've heard so far.
Posted
I got into the Pillows after watching FLCL too. I really like them, one of my favorite Japanese bands. I'm particularly fond of the song She is Perfect. That song, in the beginning for some odd reason, reminds me of the Police, but then it turns into something completely different, y'know. They make me feel good, but not in a corny way^_^;
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anatema [/i]
[B]I'm particularly fond of the song She is Perfect. That song, in the beginning for some odd reason, reminds me of the Police, but then it turns into something completely different, y'know.[/B][/QUOTE]

I had to get that song once you described the intro as Police-like... heh, I agree. Kinda reminds me of "Tea In The Sahara".

This is the first time I've heard the Pillows. I can't say I really go for them... the vocalist sounds really weird, and generally their music just sounds a bit too "raw" for me. Eh, oh well.
Posted
Personally, my favorite song is Happy Bivouac. Same title as the CD. I've managed to find most of it online, but I've never bothered to get the import. I've not seen it below $30 and I just don't have the money.

They'd be cool just because they have a song named after Kim Deal, the bassist for the Pixies (vocalist for the Breeders too).
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Personally, my favorite song is Happy Bivouac. Same title as the CD. I've managed to find most of it online, but I've never bothered to get the import. I've not seen it below $30 and I just don't have the money.

They'd be cool just because they have a song named after Kim Deal, the bassist for the Pixies (vocalist for the Breeders too). [/B][/QUOTE]

You won't find it below $30 because the Japanese economy is horrid right now and CDs cost a bunch, not to mention the cost to import them. Albums generally cost over $23 on average. Yeah, alot of Japanese bands have American or British influences... esspecially the rock bands...
Posted
Well, I've not really looked into it for over a year now, I think. It was never below $30 to begin with, lately I don't even see it for under $40. I import enough other stuff to know how the prices usually go, but I'm broke lol.
Posted
I like the Pillows too. Their music is the exact same music that I listen to in english so I guess that it makes sense that I would like it. Sad to say though that I haven't heard any of their music that wasn't on FLCL. So right now my favorite is Ride on Shooting Star. Yeah!!
Posted
I love the pillows. they sound good, but it's typical Japanese style. that's the way I like it. Their name is cool to, reminds me of the name: the seatbelts. Yeah, they've got a lot of good music in Japan.
Posted
Its common for Japanese Bands to have English names that dont make sence. However, right now it seems like its cooler to have a French name I.E. "Duel la Quartz", "L'arc en Ciel", "La'cryma Christ", "Psycho le Chemu" and so on.

And btw, the Pillows sound is far from a "typical" japanese style of music. The majority of bands there sound nothing like them. I encourage everyone to not limit themselves to whats popular. There of other great japanese bands besides the Pillows.
Posted
I absolutely love their music. My friend introduced me to them, and I assume he found out about them through FLCL. I, personally, think this is the best band that is originally japanese, that I have ever heard. They have such a great sound, and I love the singer's whiny-but-awesome voice. Hooray. My favorite song is "Our Love and Peace"....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...