OtakuBoards

Sesshomaru and green fuzz!

Rhys Mayiessen

[color=indigo]Haha yes I made his fuzz green totally by accident so you don't need to point that out! XD
Anyways as I'm sure you guys know...this is Sesshomaru, who had me totally convinced that he was a girl until Darkmoon told me that he was Inuyasha's brother.
I coloured this one....just cause I thought it would be a picture that would look good coloured^^ I only like the shading of the bow though
Anyways Enjoy![/color]

It's drawn very well. Much better than my horrible Sesshoumaru picture. The two stripy thingies and the moon are the wrong color though. See below for correct colors. Also, I think his right eye (our left) is too small from the perspective we are looking at him. Very good clothing drawing you did there.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=497111[/img]

[color=indigo]Haha yeah I know the strips are the wrong colour! But that's what photoshop said when I eye dropped a picture of Sesshomaru I had to get the colours right *shruggs* Its not that important to me. And the eye, I think I wrecked it when I inked the picture cause it looked a lot better when it was in pencil. Everything of mine looks better in pencil....they difinatly get a higher rating @.@ Anyways thanks for the comments.[/color]

[color=green]Actually, InuYasha now comes on Cartoon Network on weeknights, but I'm unsure on the times. I'm hoping to watch some more the the subbed DVDs myself.

Now to your picture. It's a nicely drawn, well balanced, and decently colored picture. The only few things that really draw attention are, as said, the eyes, and his face stripes and moon. I didn't take note the green immediatly, though there is a light tint of it, barely noticable.

Overall, it's a well done picture. Great job.^^[/color]

[size=1] :D Awesome-ness! ^_^ *scratches head* I don't see any green fuzz....

Both the drawing and the coloring are really great, so I congradulate you on this fanart. Excellent job. *saves picture* See? It was that good.

I love Sesshomaru.

Anyways, everything seems to be in order. The only thing that's irking me a bit is the chest plate, which is sticking out a tad bit too much? *shrugs* The coloring is very nice, but you don't seem to have any on his sleeve. Still a great picture overall.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rhys Mayiessen [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Ahem...the moon is not backwards I know that for a fact thank you very much.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
It looks backwards to me..

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=498648[/img]

Also, yes, the moon could use some work over and above facing the correct way. It seems sort of bulky where it shouldn't be, contradicting the screen shot's smooth transition from that degree of thickness on down. There are also some very thin white lines at color edges, but that isn't something that you should worry too much about.

Other than that, though, I think you did a very nice job. I always like how sharp and smooth the colors are on GC work, and this piece is no different. For the most part, it seems that you made all of his body parts the right shape and size, save the things that other people have already mentioned, and though I can't say I've ever watched the show, I like it. :)

Lol, this is a funny little disscution we got going here... Why're u all argueing over something as silly as that moon thing on the dudes forehead? For one thing I don't think it really matters what direction it's faceing, it's a fanart and fanarts don't have to look exsactally like the original thing.
Another thing, maybe Rhys was useing a different picture as a ref for the dudes little features. They switched sides for the scar on Harry's head in the movie a million times, the same mistake could have happened in this anime, it's not impossible you know.

Anyways, I rate the picture [b]9.5/10[/b] ^^ One of the best Sessy fanarts I've seen out there =D Only problem I find on this is that, like a few others mentioned, the eye looks a tad to small XP I dunno, it looks a little odd, lol... But I don't think I could do any better (I don't think I coulda even tried to draw his picture near so good as this) so I'll stop complaining ^^;;

[color=indigo]*sigh* I've already said I realize the moon is backwards...its just that the picture I was using for the colours and features had the moon backwards, I've checked again and its true. Anyways I seriously don't care about the moon, its not the most important feature on Sesshomaru. I shold'a left it out all together to see what you people would say. The bulkyness of the moon is due to the fact that I acciently finelined it when I wasn't suppose to. I was trying to cover that up.[/color]

[color=green]I've noticed something just recently, and I need to tell you that your "mistake" is infact, untrue.

I noticed that, in all other pictures of Sesshoumaru, the direction of the moon is the same as yours. I believe the picture Dan posted may have either been an unofficial edit, or a simple mistake by the artist. I apologize for my mistake.

[img]http://www.inquadra.com/inuyasha/images/sesshoumaru.jpg[/img][size=1]Notice that in this picture, the tips of the moon face his right eye, like in yours.[/size]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=497111[/img][size=1]And in this one, the tips point left, unlike yours.[/size]

It's more than likely, as I said, a simple mistake. Again, I'm sorry for my mistake, and this extra post. I just couldn't leave it alone.^^()[/color]