OtakuBoards

Imagination Control

Baron Samedi

I have a thing with my imagimnation- a lack of control. One thing that most people probably get is a song stuck in their head (very annoying when you are trying to sleep) but I have another example. Imagine a bike, OK? Now Pretend you are riding it along, but your POV is the bicycles pedals. Try to imagine the bike braking i.e. The feet pushing backwards on the pedals to brake. I can't imagine that, without tensing my leg muscles. I [i]can not make the bike stop without tensing my leg muscles[/i]. I do not know why this is, but I somehow need to use my legs to stop the bike, even though I am imagining it. Try this: Does anyone else have this kind of imagination control problem? Can you do it without moving your legs or anything else?

I'm an extremely active biker with an extremely active imagination, so no, I can't do it without tensing my leg muscles.
However, before you said pushing back on the pedals, my hand tensed. I have a brake lever on the righthand side of my handlebars.
Most of the time I can imagine things without including my bodily movements in them, but sometimes it's hard.

Overactive imaginations sure are a *****.

You want overactive imagination? [url]http://www.free-writers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2596[/url] Why do I update this so quickly? Because I walk around constantly in my own little world imagining what I would do if I realy was Aleksander Tsukar. Theres a name for this, some mental disorder, but I can't think of it. And as you said, I can't do that either.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]I have a thing with my imagimnation- a lack of control. One thing that most people probably get is a song stuck in their head (very annoying when you are trying to sleep) but I have another example. Imagine a bike, OK? Now Pretend you are riding it along, but your POV is the bicycles pedals. Try to imagine the bike braking i.e. The feet pushing backwards on the pedals to brake. I can't imagine that, without tensing my leg muscles. I [i]can not make the bike stop without tensing my leg muscles[/i]. I do not know why this is, but I somehow need to use my legs to stop the bike, even though I am imagining it. Try this: Does anyone else have this kind of imagination control problem? Can you do it without moving your legs or anything else? [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah I can do it. I guess mine is more powerful than yours.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by destro53 [/i]
[B]You want overactive imagination? [url]http://www.free-writers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2596[/url] Why do I update this so quickly? Because I walk around constantly in my own little world imagining what I would do if I realy was Aleksander Tsukar. Theres a name for this, some mental disorder, but I can't think of it. And as you said, I can't do that either. [/B][/QUOTE]
I have to give you credit, that was one shameless plug right there.

I struggle in school because of my stupid imagination. I tend to zone out alot. I can imagine stuff perfectly. I was doing the bike thing and my legs tensed. Imagination is good when you gotta break the ice with someone new and something stupid pops into your head like wanting to be a muslim balllerina and then you say it. Yeah, they either look at you wierd and back away or become really good friends. LOL

YES! I have a very over-active imagination! Geez oh peats. In my best subjest, Writing, (I don't have reading, but french because I'm with the peoples that don't need reading in school ever again 'cause we're so good....not ot brag or anything...) I'll often daze out on odd subjests. Like, what to write in the student council suggestion box. i.e. "I think there should be a pencil/pen/paper machine in the school, just like what we had at Jefferson. P.S. I also think Jennifer Charvat should be banned from the entire school district" haha, I actually wrote that, hey it's a suggestion box, ne? Yet another that I thought of writing...."there should be a rule that if you don't like your librarians, we should be able to vote them out of the school" xD
there are so many things that my imagination has cost/honored me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vash's girl [/i]
[B] Imagination is good when you gotta break the ice with someone new and something stupid pops into your head like wanting to be a muslim balllerina and then you say it. Yeah, they either look at you wierd and back away or become really good friends. LOL [/B][/QUOTE]

EXACTLY! Thats the reason I cant get a date though... The last girl that liked me I asked if hitting her in the head with my guitar cause giant robots to jump out. She stared and hastened for the door. Then....wait....I can't remember a time it's gotten me a friend, but o well. It' probably because thats not how I break the ice, its how I act constantly. Except when I be myself, but that never happens outside my stories.

I can imagine a lot of things and a bike stopping is not difficult at all to me, but I sort of see what you mean by you have to tense your muscles to stop the bike, especially because I tried it that way.

I think there is probably a name for this, but I don't think it would really be considered a disorder; aren't disorders usually considered negative things that harm you in some way?

[QUOTE][B]harry, why do you have to be sooo mean?

i have a super overactive imagination...
it comes in useful when i am bored ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, having a, well I wouldn't say [I]super overactive[/I], more like a very vivid imagination is nice when you're bored or just have nothing to do but imagine things.

[QUOTE][B]I struggle in school because of my stupid imagination. I tend to zone out alot.[/QUOTE][/B]

I used to have that problem of zoning out, but I wouldn't say I struggled in school. I remember several times in the past where I'd sat half-way or through entire lessons in classes with out hearing anything or having any information soak in because I was daydreaming the whole time. I'm very glad I don't do that during classes anymore.

My imagination is very weak. I live in reality and always have control or what I'm thinking. I never really imagine anything unless I have to for school. A friend of mine gets so wrapped up in his imagination he can't tell the difference between this world and the his dream world. I think anime had a role to play in this. He was taking it way to serious acting like he was a Gundam Pilot. I found it funny until he lost control and had to go to the shrink.

My imagination's pretty darn strong. I guess it doesn't usually have a physical effect on me (like the tensing of the legs or whatever), but it does keep me occupied often during classes and when I'm walking from place to place, etc.

I usually also use my imagination to get to sleep. After I go to bed, most of the time I can't fall asleep unless I imagine myself in a really comfortable situation. ... Which is weird, because my bed [i]is[/i] a comfortable situation. Sometimes instead of that, I'll try to imagine a nice little story or something, which can get me to sleep as well. But sometimes that also backfires and I'll get so involved in imagining the plot of the story that I'll stay awake for even longer and get really caught up in it ...

Well. That was a scary little peek into my mind.

I live with a family of people with overactive imaginations. Having a good imagination is not a bad thing at all. I tend to zone out quite a bit, forget a lot of things, and sometimes confuse my world with reality, but hey, imagination is a good thing. It keeps you occupied and builds character.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i]
[B]I usually also use my imagination to get to sleep. After I go to bed, most of the time I can't fall asleep unless I imagine myself in a really comfortable situation. ... Which is weird, because my bed [i]is[/i] a comfortable situation. Sometimes instead of that, I'll try to imagine a nice little story or something, which can get me to sleep as well. But sometimes that also backfires and I'll get so involved in imagining the plot of the story that I'll stay awake for even longer and get really caught up in it [/B][/QUOTE]

Yay! I'm not alone! I do that all the time to put myself to sleep. It always takes me ages to actually fall into slumber so I just make up a random story to help me fall asleep better. It's fun actually making up stories and getting caught up into them instead of actually going to bed ^^;

Guest Aku-ma Evil
i have an overpowering imagination, it doesnt always cause me to feel tensed or anything, but if i imagine pain, i actually feel pain, and sometimes i can even see the future when im trying to imagine things, not that far ahead though. but even though my imagination sucks and gets out of control, at least in my dream world people love me... my family loves me but i usually stay on the board, the friendliest reality. but anyways my too powerful imagination real;ly actually helps out alot

[size=1] I'd have to say yes to the imagination question, but not as strong as yours, Baron. When I'm thinking about what to draw and I imagine a facial expression, I end up getting the same expression I'm imagining on my face. If I think about running or some other excercise, my leg twitches. But it's not to the extent that I must also do some physical action to stop imagining.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aku-ma Evil [/i]
[B]...and sometimes i can even see the future when im trying to imagine things, not that far ahead though...[/B][/QUOTE]

It's called precognition. And from the matter-of-fact way you stated this, I highly doubt you have it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i]
[B]I usually also use my imagination to get to sleep. After I go to bed, most of the time I can't fall asleep unless I imagine myself in a really comfortable situation. ... Which is weird, because my bed [i]is[/i] a comfortable situation. Sometimes instead of that, I'll try to imagine a nice little story or something, which can get me to sleep as well. But sometimes that also backfires and I'll get so involved in imagining the plot of the story that I'll stay awake for even longer and get really caught up in it ...[/B][/QUOTE]

Thats where soooo many of my stories come from. As a kid I did that, and now I can't go to sleep without either that, or being so tired I just pass out. Hence staying up on here till 2 AM.

[QUOTE]
[i]Originally posted by Circuit/J[/i]
[B]The only way to get a song out of your head is to get another one stuck in it. [/B]
[/QUOTE]

So true. I have five or six songs I constantly keep in my head that I don't mind constantly thinking about, just in case.