OtakuBoards

Newb-Wraiths

eleanor

[size=1] *WARNING* There's a TINY TINY VERY SMALL hint to a spoiler for Neon Genesis Evangelion. If you really don't want any detail to be screwed up for you when you watch it, don't look at the banner. *WARNING*

This is a banner idea created by Otakusennen [he also helped me out with the images and planning. ^_^], made for fun. I'm not trying to insult anyone here; it's just a joke.

[img]http://prodigyrewinded.250free.com/Other/new-wraiths.gif[/img]

[url]http://prodigyrewinded.250free.com/Other/new-wraiths.gif[/url]

So, if anyone objects to the banner, I won't post it under my sig.[/size]

Haha, I didn't think you'd go through with it, Mal.. But it did come out quite well.

Heh.. N00B-wraiths. A concept of epic proportions, don't you think?

This had the feeling of an Adult Swim black-and-white card scene or one of Kaz's Filler's Slide Shows.. All zany and random. There's just something about it that is so.. Funny..

But I didn't come up with what all the quotes were. That was entirely Maladjusted's doing. ^_^' But it is all in fun, and she did not intend to insult anyone..

*gets angry* Kaworu and Shinji are not like that! [spoiler]Syk told me that Kaworu is really neither male or female, but just felt like he (It?) identified closest with Shinji over any other human...[/spoiler] Or at least that's what he thinks.

Is this politically incorrect? Using the term "n00b" and making fun of them..? If it is, I am sorry..

[b]8.7/10[/b]

Awesome job.

Heh, the banner is absolutely hilarious. Fantastic work. Its timing, images, and text are perfect. Especially the quasi-dramatic DUNs. ^__^

I'm with OtakuSennen; it reminds me of an Adult Swim black-and-white card. I definitely think you should be able to post it in your signature.... but if any mods object, I suppose that'll be that.

~Dagger~

I think it's hilarious. I think it would also be hilarious if someone were actually insulted by this.

As for the technical stuff...great. The transitions are just right, it's not too fast nor too slow and the pictures look great. It's a very well done banner.

If it's worth anything, I certainly wouldn't object to you putting this in your signature; it's all in good fun after all.

[size=1] What's there to explain? Suichi, the pink-haired boy you see in the slide right after the big [b][size=2]DUN[/size][/b] is the main character from [i]Gravitation[/i], an anime focused gay relationships. The Shinji/Kaworu thing is something you can't ignore in Evangelion. ^_~ Just take a look at my signature.[/size]

I believe that's more of an inside joke type thing for her and those involved... based on all those Yaoi threads and such.

I thought it was pretty funny, honestly... I would have liked to have seen more of the newbs lol. I'm kind of confused by my role in it though heh.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I believe that's more of an inside joke type thing for her and those involved... based on all those Yaoi threads and such.

I thought it was pretty funny, honestly... I would have liked to have seen more of the newbs lol. I'm kind of confused by my role in it though heh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, I get pretty involved in those. Thats pretty much where me and Mal have are biggest 'debates'. And she does it too get me and Otaku Sennen worked up, I'm thinking. But its still funny as hell.

Well, I kinda came up with it, and Mal added a lot of content and actually decided to make the banner about it, as she stated. I can kind of assist in straightening things out for you all who are confused, I think. O_O If it's possible.

It first shows a broadly ranged spam-esque saying, with too many exclaimation points, strange capitalization and spelling, along with a large amount of emoticons. This is obviously spam.

Thus the Newb-wraiths come out of hiding to perform their duty, to thin out the herds of spammers in the forums. These include Semjaza, Queen Asuka and Shy. The phrases that go along with their names kind of confuse me. Maybe Maladjusted can explain them better. But I do recall her saying the "hyuk hyuk" for QA was a reference to Tori's being from Georgia.

The next several frames reference to several different types of spammers, such as poor typists, those who are [i]way[/i] off topic, and people who threaten others (I.e. that "psycho" person).

Next, we have a poor little moderator-in-training being tested to see if he or she has what it takes by out dear Syk. The many many words in his frames are in reference to his perfectionism and attention to detail. Then that Black Cat Banzai thing was part of a little infamous post made by Mal in the Jumbo Anime Quiz. Who figured that one out, anyway? Oh, and the "Dear James!" thing is a common thing between Syk and some of us OB people in AIM. He came up with the theory that James is god, and since then the little joke has escelated to banner-worthy fame.

After that is the James and other mod-in-training skit, which is one big reference to Maladjusted and Double_D_Daigo's neverending battle between shonen-ai good and shonen-ai bad.

THEN we get a Syk-closing-a-thread thing. He said the thread got "Way off topic" and the next frame is a person talking about how cheese is good and how it is raining. That is pretty off-topic, no matter what the thread was about, correct? Apart from a thread entitled "Do you like cheese?"..

Then it shows a picture of Kaworu and Shinji from Evangelion. [spoiler]If you haven't seen the series, you may not know that Kaworu has a thing for Shinji.[/spoiler] Maladjusted, being an active shonen-ai fan, is trying to prove both of them are in a relationship. I, however, strongly believe in an Asuka/Shinji relationship, get angry and fwap her. O_o Not that I would do that, but..

Then we come back to a spammer's execution (Now back to a Lord of the Rings theme), and pleads not to ban him, and that he will never put 3000 smilies at the end of a post again. It apparently didn't work.

Then I, being a newb-wraith (What..? I'm not a mod) laugh to myself out of another victory for the spamicide campaign.

Eyes..bleeding...reading...too fast...too many fr-...frames.

*dies slowly, blood gushing from ruptured eyeballs*

*writes out a message using blood; 9/10 -- I didn't understand most of it, because it went too fast, but what I did read was plenty funny*

I just saw the newer version and it rules. That stuff with Syk3 is hilarious...can't wait until he gets back and sees that :D

Anyway, the only problem is the timing, which you acknowledged was off. But get that fixed and the banner will be perfect...great stuff. Maladjusted and OtakuSennen...I commend you (but I would commend you more if I were actually in this ~_^).

[COLOR=crimson]*blink blink*. . . . . *giggles* that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that so much!!!! put it in your sig!!!! that way every time i read one of your posts. . . i can sit and stare at it for like an hour. . . . yup. and hour. i still cant stop laughing. mainly because it is so true!!!! Syk prolly would ask that question of a mod-in-training. . . he is quite serious about his otaku-ness, and about the spamming. . .which he should be. i think its funny when syk closes threads. i can imagine him sitting at his computer and then reading one of those stupid threads that very new newbies post and then like cussing out his computer. . . but then coming back to himself and closing it. . . it always seems like he strains to not yell at people. . . or maybe it is just me. probably is. but i love Syk. he is my mod-hero!!! yay. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=crimson]i dont think anyone will be that upset about it.. . unless they are very new and have not seen what some newbies post. [/COLOR]
~haze

[color=crimson][SIZE=1]and for the record. . . i have never spammed. . . or at least i have never gotten in trouble for it. and also i have never started a stupid thread! or at least i havent gotten in trouble for it! go me!!! *does a little dance*[/SIZE][/color]