OtakuBoards

Rumbumbalo Annual Festival: The First Millennia

Geist

[SIZE=2][B]I had planned to start this much, much earlier, but my internet went down. I'm opening it back up for recruitment to get new players in case the original players are not interested anymore. (However, I will be PMing some people to see if they still want to play, so spots will be a bit limited.)[/B][/SIZE]

[COLOR=blue]
[SIZE=3][B]Rumbumbalo Annual Festival: The First Millennia[/SIZE][/B]

[I]Once a year, in the town of Goobly, a festival is held to celebrate the picking of the large Rumbumbalo fruit. To the Gooblians, this delicious fruit is a necessary part of life. They use it for food, makeup, medicine, soaps, and to lift their spirits. It is large enough to feed the whole town, and this year, the mayor has said that the harvest should be especially plentiful for the first millennium. Also, it has long been said that if you stand under the Rumbumbalo fruit and touch the trunk of the tree when you make a wish, it will come true. (There's a warning to this legend as well. They say that if your wish is evil, a Rumbumbalo fruit will fall down and crush you.) Finny has wished under the Rumbumbalo tree for as long as he can remember, but it has never worked for him. Maybe it will work this time? It is the first Millennium Celebration after all...[/I]

(As always, there are a few things you must know before you sign up for this RPG.
[B]1. It takes place in a semi-medieval time.
2. The Goobly people are like human-size fairies.
3. I didn't try to make a set idea for this world, so feel free to describe whatever you like as long as you keep these things in mind:
a: There is only one Rumbumbalo tree.
b: The village of Goobly is quite large and the houses are brick with straw roofs.
c: Goobly village is on an island that could probably be described as tropical.
Thank you for your patience. I'll need a few people to be friends with my character. If you have any questions about this RPG, send me a PM. Look below for what you need to sign up.)[/B]

[B]Name:[/B] (Please don't use common, or Japanese names. I would suggest you choose a Celtic or English name. Original names would also be good but they're not required.)

[B]Age:[/B] (Please try to keep the ages young.Like from 10-15 or 17.)

[B]Gender:[/B]

[B]Description:[/B] (Don't forget the colored wings and the pointy ears.)

[B]Background:[/B] (Please put some effort into this. You don't have to write a book, I just don't want to end up with any fortune cookie backgrounds.)

If you're still confused, (which you probably are,) then look below at my sign up for an example.)

[B]Name:[/B] Finton "Finny" Merle

[B]Age:[/B] 11

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Description:[/B] Dark blue hair, green eyes, pointy ears, rosy cheeks, blue and green wings, pale blue tunic, always carries around a leather bag of tools, a silver flute, and a tall metal rod

[B]Background:[/B] Finny wants to be a soldier like his father, but that dream ended with his apprenticeship to Lorne the Lamplighter and earned him the nickname, "Little Lamplighter". Disappointed, he turned his passion to inventing. However, with the arrival of the first millennium for the Rumbumbalo tree, he feels that things will finally be different.

(If you still have questions, just send me a PM. :D)
[/COLOR]

[color=chocolate]OOC: She's baaaaack! LOL, signing up just like I promised Geist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Elle Morgan

Description: Multi-blue eyes, black hair that is left down but spikey and choppy in cut, tanned skin, black tanktop, blue shorts, hardly ever wears shoes, black-and-blue wings, a sapphire stud nosering, and...ELFIE EARS! ((LOL, sorry, couldn't resist))

Background: Elle has always been an outcast among the children of Goobly. She doesn't hate them, but she doesn't exactly fit in with them either. She has a special dislike for Finny, but no one is really sure why ((don't worry, I'll come up with a reason for our rivalry as the story goes on)). She is the apprentice of the musician, Melina ((hope you don't mind me using a Greek name)).[/color]

*copy and pastes* I had wondered about what had happened to this...(As said before friends with Finny)

Description: Short silver/blue hair, pale blue eyes, pale skin, silver/white wings, long pointed ears, long sleeve gray top, loose silver skirt, gray shoes, carries along a silver lanturn, and a bag of silver dust

Background: Siaga is one of the many in charge to make sure the plants around Rumbumbalo Tree stay alive. And to clear out anything that may harm Rumbumbalo and any one who lives in Goobly. When ever she gets a free moment she'll come and vist Finny. Siaga is always intrested in Finny's inventions. And will always be there to try and cheer him up if he's feeling down. She watchs out for him, if there's any sign of trouble. She's known Finny for a few years now. If not seen around Goobly she's sitting on some roof daydreaming or thinking. She's never really tryed wishing under the Rumbumbalo Tree cause she dosen't know what' she wish for. Siaga is pretty happy with the way things are, anyways.

Sounds fun....lets try it!
Name: Leela (lee) McNae

Description:Forest green eyes, plattium(think Legolos) blonde hair cut short and kept short, brown shirt and green pants, dark green, light green, and pink wings, and elf ears!*nudges Erinzyger*

Bio: She never really had time for friends she just kept to her work. She wants to be a knight even tho she's a girl and has worked long and hard to become an appreantice(sp?) She hates the idea of women staying at home doing house work and well, anything girly- girly. So you can pretty much guess how much she hates her wings and tries to get them as dirty as possaible to cover the pink. She is very much a tomboy and never makes friends with girly-girls so you can imagen she doesn't have many.:sweat: She has wanted to become a knight ever since she was 3 and she saw her first just. She loves horses and sometimes it seems they speek to her...

[COLOR=darkblue]Friend's with Finny like before

[b]Name:[/b]Kari Fairsight

[b]Age:[/b]12

[b]Gender:[/b]Female

[b]Description:[/b]Kari has chocolate brown hair that ends around her shoulders and vibrant emerald green eyes.She usually wears a blue jacket open with a white t-shirt inside and navy blue pants and she wears blue and white shoes.Her wings are a misty blue/purple colour.It's like fushia with more blue than pink in it and she has small pointy ears.

[b]Background:[/b]Kari is a caring,funloving goobly.She enjoys helping tend nature.Her best friends are Finny and the others and all animals.Animals have a close place in her heart because once she was lost in a thick forest away from Goobly village.And some animals came to her rescue by leading her through the forest and showed her the way home so she enjoys taking care of the native animals.She helps tend the plants and the Rumbumbalo tree.In her free time she hangs around with Finny and the others.[/COLOR]

Im still here. Once again, Im a friend of Finny's

Description: Short black hair with streaks of red, hazel eyes, pale skin, elf ears, black and red wings, and wears black tunic with some armor on. Has a small sword at his side.

Background: The apprentice to a blacksmith. He is silent most of the time and only talks when identified. An orphan who guards the Rumbumbalo Tree becuase it was sacred to his parents. lives off fruits in the forest around the Rumbumbalo, and sleeps on a big branch in the Rumbumalo. He always likes to see Finny's attempts of inventions.

This is the first time I've done this so cut me some slack if I screw it up.

Name: Kaelin Runnalls

Description: Brown coppery hair, blue eyes, not so pointy ears (but still pointy), well tanned skin with see-through and black wings. Kaelin wears a loose, tan colored tunic and a pair of baggy black breeches, he always carried a small leather bag of oddities with him.

Background: Kaelin is well known by the citizens of Goobly, well known and generally disliked. As a child he spent most of his time running around town relocating people's possesions, jumping out of shadows and generally freaking other Gooblians out, unfortunatly he still does. Kaelin didn't make many friends growing up and holds the few he has close. When he's not running around town on errands for the postal service (let me know if this is a problem, I can change it.) he is bouncing around Gloobly rooftops looking for fresh people to fool. Quiet often Kaelin is the first person travellers see comming into Gloobly because unlike the Glooblians they don't know about Kaelin's antics, yet....

[Hope that's okay]

[size=1][color=green]

It's about time! Geeeeez! XD Just kidding. Ok I'm still in. Oh! oh!.. one more thing.. Brother with Finny. Un huh. Just like before.

[b]Name:[/b] Flare Merle

[b]Age:[/b] 16

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Description:[/b] Bright Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, pointy ears, Tanned skin, Red and Green wings, orange shirt and pants with black robe/cape.

[b]Background:[/b] Unlike his younger bother, Finny (if that's ok), he never wanted to be a soldier. He always wanted to be an Artist untill he found a dead cat. He dedicated his life to taking care of animals and that's what he does. He is Vianne the Vet's apprentice. Ever since then he's had a connection with animals

Okiez, there it is.

-Lrb[/size][/color]

[COLOR=darkred][size=1]...... I hope I could join.......

Name:Tain Kormal

Description:Tain is a fairly young Goobly, who has light blue eyes and short black hair with a dark red hint. His wings are a mixture of orange, yellow, and red. He wears a dark red silk shirt, and black silk pants. His pointed ears have a pair of gold earrings on them, and he wears them with pride,

Background:Tain may be called "strange" because no matter what the sitution, he tries to make the best of things. He is hot head, and it gets him in trouble most of the time.He is friendly to others, and seems care free most of the time. Tain doesn't know he real father, and was brought up be his mother, the only close family he had. He helps her at her stand that sell furit, but wishes to go on an adventure.

EDIT:Ohkami joined this.... o_o I never knew..... now it looks like I copied her.[/COLOR][/size]

[color=#707875][size=1]Just claiming my spot here, I'll have my Sign Up finished by this evening Geist

[b]Name:[/b] Séan Ambrose

[b]Age:[/b] 17

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Description:[/b] A large yellow Rubber Duck, hehehe just Kidding.

[b]Background:[/b] [i]I'll come beack and edit[/i][/color][/size]