OtakuBoards

Another banner I've made

Xai

[color=skyblue]I made another banner, which I'm rather proud of(yeah, I change my siggeh too much...) Basically just messing around with different brushes and stuff. It's kinda plain, but I like it. (Sorry if the font is a little hard to read.)

The character I used is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga.

The jpg-ness makes it a little fuzzy looking though. >_<[/color]

wow... that's so hard on the eyes... it's obvious you didn't look at it long, you were still able to find your way here to burn all our optic nerves...

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I think that's just great. But yeah, you gotta use a different color for the font. If you have a blue background... don't use a blue font, especially if it's almost the same color. Otherwise, I love it. The picture has pretty good quality too. Keep it up! ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=teal][size=1]Wow ive seen alot of banners with that person on it and they all look very similar.. This picture is somwhat poor quailty and the font is hard to see.. the background is nice I like the icyness of it all. Im looking forward to seeing more from you ^^[/size][/color]

I'm sure the text was made that way on purpose as to blend in VERY well with the background of the banner. In which case I believe you did an excellent job. However, in this particular piece I would have gone without the text. I think the character you used brings a very respectable art look to her into your peice. Her red eyes and deep blue hair stand out so much it draws all attention right to her thus throwing your banner off balance a bit. If you wanted to keep the text, I would have to say to change the color.... to either the same color red (even though I'm an advocate against the colors of red and blue being the major colors in a piece, but in this case it'd work) present in her eyes or a tan color such as that of her skin... this not only gives the banner balance but also color coordination. Or I'd take the text out and make the banner smaller.... possibly something like 75 pixels high by 300 wide.... this way it drops alot of that background out and puts even more focus on your character without throwing the banner completely off balance.

Overall a good piece of work. And don't mind that idiot Tracer, he's banned, and it's quite obvious he has banner envy, probably along with several other envys.