Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom


Recommended Posts

Posted
Stacey's mom has got it going on
She's all I want and I've waited for so long
Stacey can't you see your just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacey's mom

This song is so funny! I heard it for the first time about a month ago but didn't pay any attention to it until last night when I actually listened to the lyrics. The video is even funnier then the song. That little boy getting caught with his pants down in the end was just funny. I laughed until I cried. The lyrics are so simple and childdish that I think a kid wrote it himself. The song did get one thing right Stacy's mom really does have ot going on.
Posted
[size=1]I heard this song for the first time when I was up late one night at a journalism seminar and Missouri State staying in one of their dormitories. A couple of other guys and myself were watching television and one of them turned it to VH1 where this video was coming on.

As amused as I was by it, the song really is not all that great. The video is the most of it, but the song by itself is just another song.

If it came on the radio, I would most likely change the station to see if there was anything better.[/size]
Posted
While they are somewhat of a one hit wonder in the radio sense, they've been putting out stuff for several years now. They haven't really just come out of nowhere, did one lackluster album and disappeared forever like most other one hit wonder bands.

That said, I think even Fountains of Wayne fans agree that Stacy's Mom is an overall crappy song.
Posted
I think Stacy's mom is alright but it gets really annoying if u listen to it too much. First few times it sounds awesome but then u hear it and you change songs lol.

O.. and Stacy looks way better than her mom:P
Posted
...I like it...I've never seen the vedio tho. someday I will! Hell, I'll just go over to vh1.com and watch it. On the bus a few weeks ago a kid had his guitar and sang satcy's mom in a horrible, high pitched voice. God my ears hurt for the rest of the day. Of course then everybody started singing along in equaly high pitched voices and then the busdriver was all like "Shut up back there or I'll come back there!"Yeah it was funny. But then it got old....that song gets a little too much airplay on the station I listen to too....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]While they are somewhat of a one hit wonder in the radio sense, they've been putting out stuff for several years now. They haven't really just come out of nowhere, did one lackluster album and disappeared forever like most other one hit wonder bands.

That said, I think even Fountains of Wayne fans agree that Stacy's Mom is an overall crappy song. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Yeah Semajaza is right on both accounts. The first being that Fountians of Wayne have been around for awhile, actually the lead singer won a grammy for the "That Thing You Do" song from the same titled movie. Second, Stacy's Mom is a really crappy song...it just has a very hot woman in the video...[/color]
Posted
Stacy do you remember when I mowed your lawn
Your mom came out, with just a towel oooonnnn....
(towel on)
I know she likes me from the way she staaaaares....And the way she said you missed a spot over there.....
Since your dad walked out on you your mom could use a guy like me!

Stacy's mom has got it going on
She's all I've ever wanted and I've waited for so long
Stacy can't you see your not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom.....
*************************************************
Hello!? Get it through your thick horny skull! SHE'S-OLDER-THAN-YOU! GO-FOR-STACY! SHE'S-YOUR-AGE! What a retard
Posted
[size=1]I think it's a fun song. It was on the radio while I was cleaning this afternoon and I caught myself singing along, heh. [/size]
Guest Sepherus_Flame
Posted
I think it's a great song!! In fact, before that song came out, I had never heard of the band.... Go figure.
Posted
The first time i heard this song, i was coming to use the computer, and my dad was on it. This song was playing in the background, and he was singing to it. I just had to stand there. Ever time i hear that song on the radio, i think of that moment. dad singing about stacy's mom. oh, the memories.
Guest Stealth Knight
Posted
I think that the song is alright. I like the video better though because it makes me laugh. To me, it is halarious.I find myself singing it sometimes whenever it is brought up at school.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...