OtakuBoards

One Piece

Mimmsicle

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#503F86]You are right. It doesn't suck ^_^ Well, I certainly don't think so anyway. It's given me a lot of inspiration and I'm desperately hoping someone in the UK will pick up the distribution rights to the uncut Funimation DVDs. Once I've collected enough I'll do a massive One Piece marathon, hehe.[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Okay, so with the uncut DVD's coming out in the US in less than a month, I thought it would be a good time to bump this thread to share the leaked official FUNi dub version of We Are:

[YOUTUBE="We Are translation"]r7UHodLd2OQ[/YOUTUBE]

My impressions: The intro is terrible. 4Kids managed to portray Gold Roger better. [I]4Kids.[/I] The stereotype people.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, the actual song is just as good if not better than their version of Hikari E. The lyrics fit, the song sounds great and Vig Mignonga is singing again, which is basically instant win. Top notch job excluding the intro.

Looking forward to the DVDs. I'm going to try to get them at my earliest convenience. This is gonna be great!

• 1 year later...
"LIFE 1"

I've been watching One Piece (along with reading it.) and even the anime is better than I expected. The fights (even though the characters tend to get a bit ugly at times.) have been entertaining. And given the quirky-ness of the series, there's a lot the anime can get away with. (Such as the ugliness at times.) Don't get me wrong though. Like the other shonen I've seen One Piece is just as inconsistent. I suppose I'm a bit more lenient with it because I already knew what to expect.

I'm up to episode 350. I skip fillers. (Are they even worth watching?) Like I said, the fights have been entertaining. Watching One Piece, I'd probably say that Enies Lobby is probably my favorite arc now. (It was Alabasta for the time being.) And even that might change because Thriller Bark is shaping up to look really good animated. And then there is the whole [spoiler]Pirate seperation[/spoiler] I've yet to see as well.. Although I have seen a couple of episodes of that arc here and there.
[spoiler]Patiently waiting for the whole Rescue Ace arc to be animated.[/spoiler] That whole arc has been epic.

I would watch the Funi version but unfortunately I don't have the money to buy any of the dvds, and I haven't found any place to watch them. (I'd love to be watching this dubbed instead of subbed.)

[size=1][color=navy]So I just checked out a Funimation episode, and to be honest I have to say that I'm not really all that impressed especially when compared to Funi's other work. But to be fair I only checked out one episode, so perhaps it just takes a little getting used to. But right now the characters just sound so dull even when they're suppose to be excited or screaming with anger. I haven't seen the 4kids version (I wasn't interested in One Piece then), so obviously I can't compare the two.

But yeah, for the most part, I was expecting something a little better since this is coming from Funimation, and all the hype surrounding this version. Maybe I should just skip straight to the Arlong arc since the earlier arcs are fairly slow.[/size][/color]