OtakuBoards

One Piece

Mimmsicle

[QUOTE=Aceburner]Okay, post overhaul.

I like One Piece. It is my favorite anime (my least favorite company is 4Kids.)
My favorite character is Portgas D. Ace. I think he is totally awesome because [spoiler]he has complete control over fire and is Luffy's older brother.[/spoiler] This anime is my favorite because of the wacky artwork, the good story, and, of course, the zany adventures of the Straw Hat Crew.

And the idiot that is me has figured out how to use spoiler tags. Yay.[/QUOTE]

One Piece is an excellent anime, despite how it was screwed up by 4Kids. I mean, it already has [spoiler]7 movies!!![/spoiler]. its already a cult classic, there's no doubt. i mean, what kid didnt/doesnt want to grow up to be a pirate?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I'm with Ace! One Piece is one of my favorite Anime, although a curtain company killed it here in the U.S. But I still watch it on the web in the original Japanese! My favorite character is the kicking cook, Sanji! And not just because all he uses in fights is kicks, either! I like Sanji because he is a polite ladys man who kicks @**!

For the record, I still take ninjas over pirates!

[quote name='Aceburner']I like One Piece. It is my favorite anime (my least favorite company is 4Kids.)[/quote]
[quote name='Kyuubikhaos']One Piece is an excellent anime, despite how it was screwed up by 4Kids.[/quote]
[quote name='Sojiro47']Once again, I'm with Ace! One Piece is one of my favorite Anime, although a curtain company killed it here in the U.S. But I still watch it on the web in the original Japanese![/quote]
Did I start a trend or something? Ah, well. It's true. 4Kids can't edit 4Crap.

I think Luffy might have [SPOILER]killed Kuro with the Gum-Gum Bell, by the way[/SPOILER]

[QUOTE=Aceburner]
I think Luffy might have [SPOILER]killed Kuro with the Gum-Gum Bell, by the way[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
"The reason Luffy doesn't kill is this: in his era, men live by their beliefs and risk their lives to defend them. Luffy shatters the beliefs of his enimies by defeating them. for to suffer defeat and to have their beliefs destroyed is as bad as death. Killing their bodies is beside the point."-Eiichiro Oda

I don't think that [SPOILER]Luffy killed Kuro, just severly injured!![/SPOILER]

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Sojiro47]
I don't think that [SPOILER]Luffy killed Kuro, just severly injured!![/SPOILER][/QUOTE]I think that just because he didn't it seemed that in the eairler parts of one piece that Oda-sensei didn't really make a lot of his enemy like characters [spoiler]die.[/spoiler]

If you just want that though wait till you get through it! It gets just so much better as you continue, so much better.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

The reason for the theory is that [SPOILER]when he made hard contact with Kuro's skull, he probably either drove his nose into his cranium or snapped his neck, thus either killing or paralyzing him. Either way, Kuro won't be doing the cat stealth maneuver anytime soon.[/SPOILER] Not that I'm bloodthirsty or anything. I don't really want to see anyone die in the series, unless they're really incredibly evil (kinda like Kuro.)

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Luffy didn't kill Kuro because...

[spoiler]...when Luffy got the bounty on his head, and the Marine officer dude was announcing it and such, they showed all the captians whose arse Luffy kicked, including Kuro in the shadows. They also mentioned that Luffy deserved a bounty so high because he defeated so many big name pirates, not including Kuro, because he was already "killed." ;)[/spoiler]

So yeah. Luffy killed no one, no matter how much he beat them. *cough*[spoiler]Crocodile[/spoiler]*cough* :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner]The reason for the theory is that [SPOILER]when he made hard contact with Kuro's skull, he probably either drove his nose into his cranium or snapped his neck, thus either killing or paralyzing him. Either way, Kuro won't be doing the cat stealth maneuver anytime soon.[/SPOILER'] Not that I'm bloodthirsty or anything. I don't really want to see anyone die in the series, unless they're really incredibly evil (kinda like Kuro.)[/quote]
Just don't tell SOS! He'll have a heart attack, and then [I]He'll[/I] do the out-of-the-bag attack on [I]us[/I]!

• 5 months later...
BUMP

Okay, been a while since anyone's posted in this thread, though it would be pointless to make a new one. Since this thread has been left alone for such a long time, I might as well start a discussion about the fact that it seems 4kids just stopped dubbing the show.

Also, Toei is going to start putting the WS episodes on DVD starting at Water 7, or Season 8. I guess they wanted to keep continuity by keeping all of Season 7 in FS, since the HD episodes started about half way through.

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]^God has[I] finally[/I] answered my prayers. Its about time that one piece got dropped by 4kids. I wonder though if anyone else will pick it up in its place.

Also, Do you have any dates to when they will be putting the episodes on DVD? Since it seems rather odd for them to be starting on the Water 7 Arc when it isnt even (completly) finished yet.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]^God has[I] finally[/I] answered my prayers. Its about time that one piece got dropped by 4kids. I wonder though if anyone else will pick it up in its place.[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]
Well, the thing is is that 4kids seemingly stopped dubbing at an odd place, right around the beginning of the Jaya arc, they had even aired the first episode of Jaya in the UK before the dub seemingly disappeared completely. So my theory is that 4kids' license was completely revoked, since Toei can do that in cases of breach of contract, or for whatever other reason they have in mind.

[quote name='Ikillion][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Also, Do you have any dates to when they will be putting the episodes on DVD? Since it seems rather odd for them to be starting on the Water 7 Arc when it isnt even (completly) finished yet.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
They'll be releasing the first Water 7 DVD on January 10. [url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000KF0T1U]Source here.[/url] It also shows that the DVDs are indeed going to be released in WIDE SCREEN.

And it's really not odd that Toei is starting to release the Water 7 DVDs now, since they only have 3 episodes to a disc, and these episodes aired well over two years ago.

[quote name='demonboy']Well, the thing is is that 4kids seemingly stopped dubbing at an odd place, right around the beginning of the Jaya arc, they had even aired the first episode of Jaya in the UK before the dub seemingly disappeared completely. So my theory is that 4kids' license was completely revoked, since Toei can do that in cases of breach of contract, or for whatever other reason they have in mind.[/quote]
I was wondering about the dropping of the series from the dreaded Kahn's hands. What would the "breach of contract" be, anyway (besides everything: terrible VA's, like Vivi or Sanji; being obsessed with getting the L/R thing wrong everytime [Nefe[B]l[/B]tari, Zo[B]l[/B]o (I don't really care about that one or Roguetown; ) the whole "Trace" thing [don't tell me the name is inappropriate, remember Funky Cops, that crappy show they made all by themselves? Guess what one of the main characters' names was. Ace.] or their massive story edits for merchandising's sake.) It seems strange to just stop here, especially when Grand Adventure went all the way to Skypeia.

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Aceburner'] What would the "breach of contract" be,[/quote]
A better question could be, "What could the Breach of Contract [I]not[/I] be?" Taking into consideration what 4kids did to this series, I'm not suprised that they dropped it (being forced or otherwise).

Anywhore 4kids has stopped subbing One Piece [spoiler]Ace has found Blackbeard and as they fought its revealed that Blackbeard had a Logia Devil Fruit that could control Darkness[/spoiler] Life is good in the world of One Piece[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
A better question could be, "What could the Breach of Contract [I]not[/I] be?" Taking into consideration what 4kids did to this series, I'm not suprised that they dropped it (being forced or otherwise).[/quote][/color][/size][/font]
Well, it's not easy to breach the contract, because 4kids could technically do anything they wanted with the show, but they DID have a contract with Madman in Australia that they were supposed to release uncuts in Australia, but they didn't, and had NO intention of doing so.

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
A better question could be, "What could the Breach of Contract [I]not[/I] be?" Taking into consideration what 4kids did to this series, I'm not suprised that they dropped it (being forced or otherwise).

Anywhore 4kids has stopped subbing One Piece [spoiler]Ace has found Blackbeard and as they fought its revealed that Blackbeard had a Logia Devil Fruit that could control Darkness[/spoiler] Life is good in the world of One Piece[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Yeah, life is very good for the Mugiwara Pirates. Anyone else wondering where we can [spoiler]pick up a copy of that DF catalog Blackbeard was talking about?[/spoiler] Anyway, I hope someone picks it up in the states again and puts it on Adult Swim or something. It would be too bad if Kahn's interference prevented it from having a chance.

[quote name='Aceburner]Yeah, life is very good for the Mugiwara Pirates. Anyone else wondering where we can [spoiler]pick up a copy of that DF catalog Blackbeard was talking about?[/spoiler'] Anyway, I hope someone picks it up in the states again and puts it on Adult Swim or something. It would be too bad if Kahn's interference prevented it from having a chance.[/quote]
I don't think Adult Swim is the best place for One Piece. I think with minimal edits it could do quite well on Toonami.

[spoiler]As for the DF catalog, that was only mentioned in the most recent chapter, I think it will be a while before Oda decides to reveal where it can be found.[/spoiler]

[color=dimgray] *_* I am officially part of the One Piece fandom. I love it. And I love Luffy. Why is he so amazing? I swear to god I could be sitting through Sanji's death scene or something but start cracking up if Luffy came and started freaking out about food.

I haven't watched much, but what I have seen is great. Everything is so nonsensical but then serious and then hilarious again. *shakes computer* Why haven't I gotten into this before? I've watched a bunch of episodes and two of the movies so far, and it's incredibly enjoyable. I especially liked the movie about Omatsuri Island, mostly because I'm sucker for fluid animation and that drawing style.

However, I'd like it if One Piece started to play on Adult Swim as well (personally I'm against Toonami because I don't have time to watch tv during weekdays >_>), because it's a hassle to go through all the episodes on YouTube. [/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray'] However, I'd like it if One Piece started to play on Adult Swim as well (personally I'm against Toonami because I don't have time to watch tv during weekdays >_>), because it's a hassle to go through all the episodes on YouTube. [/color][/quote]
Kaizoku fansubs and ADC Elites are good sites to download the anime, but it takes up space on your browser. Youtube is too slow on my computer, which is why I just go to the msn groups site and read the manga. Sometimes I go to my friend's house and youtube the movies, though.

Recent spoilers: [spoiler]They're talking about Whitebeard possibly dying at the hands of Blackbeard soon over a MSN Groups and AP forums. I could see it happening in the Ace vs. Blackbeard fight. WB shows up to back Ace up, but gets cocky, as usual. Blackbeard mortally wounds him, and he asks Ace to find Luffy so he can meet him at the end. they meet up with Luffy, Wb asks Ace to help his brother take care of BB for him and, commenting on how "this little whelp is just like Roger," breathes his last. Ace joins up with Luffy and all my hopes and dreams come true and Ace is a mugiwara. I don't really want to see WB die, but it could happen.[/spoiler] what do you guys think? It probably won't happen though.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]One Piece Fans! Unite!!! :D

Thank God for people watching the subbed version... :animesigh

Spread the One Piece love!!!

*Cough* Anyway... :animeswea

Aceburner, a las, your theory went up in flames, [spoiler]along with what it seems, Ace...sadly...[/spoiler]

Well, I for one am really excited about the anime right now. I've been waiting for the CP9 battles to be animated for a loooooong while now. The beginning of Zoro and Kaku's fight was so awesome, and when he revealed his Devil Fruit power for the first time and [spoiler]Jyabura was cracking up because he was a freaking giraffe, I couldn't help but die laughing as well.[/spoiler]

Also, I can't wait to see Nami's new techniques in action. And also, I never actually realized her top was brown. Probably because of the manga's black & white vision. I actually thought it was a mistake at first...lol

Side-note: For the seemingly 4 of us that are caught up with the manga I *finally* made the thread for it. See you there, Space Pirate. <3[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]EDIT: demonboy, I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but... I love you're siggy sooooo much... <3 :catgirl: [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, I for one am really excited about the anime right now. I've been waiting for the CP9 battles to be animated for a loooooong while now. The beginning of Zoro and Kaku's fight was so awesome, and when he revealed his Devil Fruit power for the first time and [spoiler]Jyabura was cracking up because he was a freaking giraffe, I couldn't help but die laughing as well.[/spoiler][/color'][/font][/quote]
Hah, did you watch the recent specials? They were made of so much win, [spoiler]AND PANDAMAN. OH THAT'S RIGHT. FUKKEN PANDAMAN... (Well, more of a wanna-be pandaman... but still...)[/spoiler]
[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Side-note: For the seemingly 4 of us that are caught up with the manga I *finally* made the thread for it. See you there, Space Pirate. <3[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Sweet, I will BE THERE.
[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Red]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]EDIT: demonboy, I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but... I love you're siggy sooooo much... <3 :catgirl: [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Why thank you! I got it from the recent color spread calendar, along with my avi.

• 3 weeks later...
One Piece is, well, just plain incredible, we can only leave it at that!! And yet, we [b]can't[/b] leave it at that!!

One thing is, that I haven't started watching the subs. I want to, though. I need to, seeing as-

1)I've only seen the subs so far, and I've already missed most of them.
2) If it's on YouTube, Hells yeah, I'll watch it!!

So, there.

• 1 month later...
I only recently started watching this series which has about.. what? 300 episodes already and still counting lol.

I've seen One Piece years ago but was immediately turned off because of the way the anime is drawn. I was a sucker for anime with well drawn graphics before so One Piece was not even in my list. It eventually found its way back to me and when I started watching it I couldn't stop laughing my *** off. Needless to say, it's the best anime I've seen to date.

• 2 weeks later...