OtakuBoards

One Piece

Mimmsicle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am lucky american boy with Shonen Jump graphic novels of One Piece, lol. I think shonen jump has saved my life from thinking america will never get the mangas right. I just widh we had weekly Shonens like in Japan, its so crazy. I happened to see an episode of One Piece on toonami a week ago or so, and I found the voices really bad...like way bad.

Shonen Jump is ok. They don't translate things as they should though. They like to alter certain dialogue from what it should be and some term translations are wrong. The Going Merry is not supposed to be the "Merry Go" O_o.

Btw, I couldn't find the previous One Piece thread, so I sorry about that, and that person got like all the names wrong. O_o Ruffy = Luffy, Lysopp = Usopp, and Zorro = Zoro. Must be reading a weird translation of the stuff.

I only saw what was on toonami...But I enjoy watching it. It's kinda cute. Man, I wish I could see it "de-kiddified" as somebody put it earlier...But anyway, I'd bet there'd be alot less episodes if the boss battles didn't take 4 to 6 episodes. :animeswea

I have to say though, that as characters themselves, Nami, Sanji, and Zorlo(sp?) are my favorites. Luffy and whats-his-name annoy me sometimes...mainly the lier.

I've stressed it before and I'll stress it again. The censored version sucks in comparison to the uncensored version,but it's still good. The main crew's voices are good minus Sanji's, to me.

The violence only gets higher as the anime goes on, more people die and things get a lot bloodier. For the time being One Piece is editable,but once they get around episode 80 things are gonna be a lot tougher to censor for 4kids. I'm sure only 5% of the people who are watching the 4kids version have seen or read the original and that's just sad.

Another Shakey post brought to you by...Insomnia

[QUOTE=Sir Crocodile] About 4Kids, here are my prediction of what they're gonna do about it.
-Edit all blood out of the fight scenes
-No swearing
-Digitally get rid of Sanji and Smoker's smoking habits
-Change some names
-Change it so Sanji isn't such a pervert
-Never use the word die
Those are just a few. It upsets me that 4Kids is doing this. I just hope someone makes some unedited DVDs or something.[/QUOTE]

As much as I enjoy the manga/anime "One Piece" I agree with Sir Crocodile that as soon as the new hit anime show hits 4Kids, they are definately going to have censored out all graphic fighting scenes, redit the language, and make into a total rated G scene. Which is going to prove a huge disappointment, especially since it was the graphic battles and unqiue names that had drawn me toward it.

[QUOTE=Noside]I've stressed it before and I'll stress it again. The censored version sucks in comparison to the uncensored version,but it's still good. The main crew's voices are good minus Sanji's, to me.

The violence only gets higher as the anime goes on, more people die and things get a lot bloodier. For the time being One Piece is editable,but once they get around episode 80 things are gonna be a lot tougher to censor for 4kids. I'm sure only 5% of the people who are watching the 4kids version have seen or read the original and that's just sad.

Another Shakey post brought to you by...Insomnia[/QUOTE]
That's so true.

After watching the Bellemere Episodes I nearly lost my taste for the American dubbing. It's Kuina all over again. It's obvious what happens to Kuina and Bellemere isn;t what really happened. If it did happen the way 4kids has editted it to be, Kuina and Bellemere would be seen again in the anime at some point. Changing what happened to those two opens up plot holes and that bugs me. The fight with Arlong's half as good as it was uncensored,but it's still kinda good,heh.

The more I see this version the more I wonder. Like [spoiler] Choppa and the doctor, the Doctor blows himself up, no way gonna keep that or the poison in. [/spoiler]

I swear if they ruin Loguetown I'm done with this version. Loguetown is what made me think this Anime is up with the best of them.

If the price ever drops a bit I'll pick up the import dvd's but for now $150 to $200 is out of my league but someday I shall see the show the way it was meant to be. Tonight was the first episode of Roguetown at least that's what it sounded like to me when they said it all in all not bad I liked how he went into a bar and shared a glass of milk with the owner they could have at least gone with juice or something like most do, Lol. :animestun

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Ahoy matey, after a long haul of treasure-stealing, I love to drink milk." :animeswea

The milk drinking is just weird to me... I remember in Chapter 1 when Shanks laughed at Luffy for drinking milk...

And Sanji's Lollipop, I wish they just got rid of it completely, but I guess there were times when Sanji postitioned it in his hand that would look weird if there were nothing in it... But damn! The way he holds it...annoys me so... :animeangr [/FONT][/COLOR]

I acually find Saji's lollypop funny. Expecially knowing that it's suposed to be a cigarette. Sometimes the way he holds it, you could sort of just tell. Well, at least to me. In the episode before Rougetown...what was it called? The one where Loofy defeats Oorlong and finally gets a wanted poster. (At least I think its the episode) The way Sanji held the lollypop while pointing at one point, it looked like he was flicking ashes off of it. :animeswea Well, I found it amusing...

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]For some odd reason that episode just happened to tickle me so. I guess its the part of me that knows later on if they even get that one area where sanji's cigarette saved him from certain death [spoiler] i think it was the frozen island or whatever[/spoiler] what are they going to change when all he has with him is a stupid lolipop I ask you?[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I remember the other day wile I was watching waiting for Adult Swim to come on and One Piece was on so I decided to watch it. I found it intresting on how if you look at it, you dont really have to look hard at it either. But you can still tell that Sanji's Lollipop was a Cigarette.

How you may ask? Its simple really. The end of his lollipop is still looks like the burning end of a cigarette. Oh boy, either someone slacked off or they though people would'nt knotice it. Apparently they though wrong. :wigout: [/COLOR]

yes 4kids has a way to ruin all animes in some way let us rejoice that they did not get their hands on Naruto and do with it the horrendious things they have done to:

Yugioh
One Piece
Shaman King
Tokyo Mew Mew or as they wanted to call it Hollywood Mew Mew

Remind me If I have forgotten one cause in my case I just want to forget.

• 3 weeks later...
Ack! They cut out little buggy's big adventure and the whale of the grandline. I can't believe they cut out those great parts to the anime. I've heard rumors that 4Kids wants to edit out Skypia for obvious reasons. After seeing them edit out the Whale, I can see how it's possible to edit out Skypia. Once again 4Kids has cut in me a deep wound. Anyone watching the American version is only getting 50-60% of what makes One Piece so great.

I dislike ranting,but 4kids makes me do it a lot. :animedepr

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Noside]Ack! They cut out little buggy's big adventure and the whale of the grandline. I can't believe they cut out those great parts to the anime. I've heard rumors that 4Kids wants to edit out Skypia for obvious reasons. After seeing them edit out the Whale, I can see how it's possible to edit out Skypia. Once again 4Kids has cut in me a deep wound. Anyone watching the American version is only getting 50-60% of what makes One Piece so great.

I dislike ranting,but 4kids makes me do it a lot. :animedepr[/QUOTE]

Want are those about, really? I read the manga as well in Shonen Jump, but they're still in the Arrlong Arc. I wish I could watch it on my computer but I'm stuck with dubs intil in comes out on DVD... :animesigh [/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest ctrlaltdelete
Er...first of all hi...it's my first post... :animestun
I watch the German dubbed one as well...I watch it on RTL II I think...I don't understand a word they're saying :p....but still it's a nice anime....and is that a lollipop Sanji's holding!?! If you hadn't told me I'd think it's a cigarette...I mean doesn't smoke come out of it?

In the manga, and I can only assume the original anime, it is a cigarette but in the America anime version it is a lollypop so that all of you American youngsters don?t all start to smoke to be like Sanji. I have one other question does anyone know how many episodes the anime has and when will we get any of the One Piece movies?

[CENTER][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Hello. I first saw One Piece in the Shonen Jump
magazine, also. I liked it even I started reading
it on Chapter 20, something like that. Then I
figured out it was starting on 4Kids so I decided
to watch it. I really enjoyed it. I think my favorite
character is Sanji, and I can tell sometimes in the
show that his lollipop looks a little like a cig. Mabe
it's just me though. :animeswea [/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[QUOTE=DarkDragon][CENTER][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Hello. I first saw One Piece in the Shonen Jump
magazine, also. I liked it even I started reading
it on Chapter 20, something like that. Then I
figured out it was starting on 4Kids so I decided
to watch it. I really enjoyed it. I think my favorite
character is Sanji, and I can tell sometimes in the
show that his lollipop looks a little like a cig. Mabe
it's just me though. :animeswea [/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/CENTER][/QUOTE]
no it is not just you that is what it is supposed to be.

Here's a direct repost of my thread, my way of merging things, I hope the gods don't hurt me.

"this video is a must see. It's one of the best Anime Music Videos I have seen in this short life O'mine.

The link:
[url]http://manylemons.co.uk/Sail_On.shtml[/url]

The creator's intentions were to make a great video and to show how awesome the anime is to those who have only seen the Americanized version or haven't seen any of it at all. There are 3 minor spoilers to it that are established in the first 30 seconds. If ya don't notice em, that's a good thing."

Enjoy One Piece people.