OtakuBoards

One Piece

Mimmsicle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onigiri3
Hmm... I concur. I am hoping to buy some of the sub DVD's on eBay. Especially the movies. I think the reason I enjoy it so much is because of its quirky personality, and total creativity. Yay for Oda! And bad animation companies like 4kids! I have been complaining about it since Al Kahn was born, and I wasn't even around then. Thats how bad it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KennethS
[quote name='onigiri3']Hmm... I concur. I am hoping to buy some of the sub DVD's on eBay. Especially the movies. I think the reason I enjoy it so much is because of its quirky personality, and total creativity. Yay for Oda! And bad animation companies like 4kids! I have been complaining about it since Al Kahn was born, and I wasn't even around then. Thats how bad it is.[/quote]

[FONT=Arial Black]Has any one seen past the current Cartoon Network episodes, Iv seen well past that, I seen the new crew members like [spoiler]Nico Robin[/spoiler] and teh change that Uusope takes where he becomes [spoiler]the Sniper King[/spoiler][/FONT]

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]KennethS, I added spoiler tags to your post. Please be aware that if you're going to post important plot elements or twists that you should hide them with spoiler tags. This way, if somebody is reading your post, they can be as surprised as oyu were. [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]For more info on spoiler tags click here.[/URL] If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -Arvi[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Guest onigiri3
[QUOTE=KennethS][FONT=Arial Black]Has any one seen past the current Cartoon Network episodes, Iv seen well past that, I seen the new crew members like [spoiler]Nico Robin[/spoiler] and teh change that Uusope takes where he becomes [spoiler]the Sniper King[/spoiler][/FONT]

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]KennethS, I added spoiler tags to your post. Please be aware that if you're going to post important plot elements or twists that you should hide them with spoiler tags. This way, if somebody is reading your post, they can be as surprised as oyu were. [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]For more info on spoiler tags click here.[/URL] If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -Arvi[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT][/QUOTE]

Nope. Haven't gotten that far yet, but I know what happens. I read the raw manga, which really helps. I can trust that a little more than the anime right now.

[quote name='onigiri3']Hmm... I concur. I am hoping to buy some of the sub DVD's on eBay. Especially the movies.[/quote]
Ugh, please don't. Why would you spend money on something that's probably HK, or ripped off when you can easily get them for free on the internet? Seriously, Hong Kong DVDs suck. Chances are they are going to be episodes done by K-F or HK that have been slapped sloppily onto a DVD. Regardless, high quality *free* versions are available.

But on another hand, just noticing this little thread, I am wondering where people are in the series, and what their primary One Piece provider is. I'm mainly wondering out of just pure curiosity, but also I would like to know how many people must be saved from the wretched dub. Also, if someone could summarize the thread thusfar, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...
That's one of the most off the wall anime's ive ever seen but it is awesome. i mean some of the bad guys and cursed fruit powers. are some of the oddest thing ive ever seen in anime cartoons. i often hope they would make an uncut dvd set to buy so i could see the show uncut. :rolleyes:i mean i saw the version that on cartoon network. and found out the the japaniese version is a lot more cooler you know with the blood and violence. but tell me what you all think. im pretty sure this post hasn't been put here yet cause when i posted one piece in the serch engine nothing about it came up so i think it's ok.[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]
[B]AnimeHeroX[/B]

As I already explained to you: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Indigo][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist. Members are held accountable to the rules whether they have taken the time to read them or not.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Indigo][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[quote name='AnimeHeroX']the japaniese version is a lot more cooler you know with the blood and violence.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wouldn't saying just that attribute how many people these days say that kids getting violent from watching/playing games and things that involve violence? -refrencing to the myspace hit list-

Yes but that aside as much as I wish, I must see this thread come alive or something. I feel like I am the only one who even has the guts to talk about something from one piece. Still think it can be one of the more well known anime's out there. Yet it seems loke nobody give one piece any love.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yes but that aside as much as I wish, I must see this thread come alive or something. I feel like I am the only one who even has the guts to talk about something from one piece. Still think it can be one of the more well known anime's out there. Yet it seems loke nobody give one piece any love.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

Hey, I love One Piece. The only reason I don't post on this thread is because I'm not caught up with the anime or manga yet, so I'm really far behind (I'm not even that far into the Grand Line... :animedepr ).

But, just to start some sort of conversation, where did the 4Kids translation of Sanji's attacs come from? I was looking it up on Wikipedia, and the names seemed really random rather than the original ones which were based on where he was attacking... :mad: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]But, just to start some sort of conversation, where did the 4Kids translation of Sanji's attacs come from? I was looking it up on Wikipedia, and the names seemed really random rather than the original ones which were based on where he was attacking... :mad: [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah I never noticed that. Wierd, there is only one thing I think I can get connected with the two translations though. I think that when his neck shoot attack was translated and they used Trachea which I am pretty sure is somewhere in your neck. Besides that all of the other things are just flippy and wierd, odd.

Catch up...I have so many things that I must say...Or else I will eat a Devil fruit and go all crazy on you...don't think I wont.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I know you would...;)

Now that you mention Devil Fruit, they never really said how many there are, right? Because I heard of numerous powers, and wondered that very thing...

And are the manga and anime closely related? Because there's no way I can catch up with the soon, but I'm reading the manga right now.

Lastly, I heard that they never explained Luffy's scar in the anime. Did they?[/FONT][/COLOR] :animestun

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah thats what I though about the Devil Fruit as well. I remember back when my friend and I first started talking about it he said that there were about seven total. Now I see that... that is wrong by far. So far it seems though to be a very good Pirate you just must have a devil fruit with you, [spoiler]Even the king of Sky Peia or however you spell it was a devil fruit user, and the people though that his powers were that of a god![/spoiler]

And yes, from where I started in on the anime it is rather accurate to my knowledge. But beware, I have seen that the anime has had some major Filler arcs and we all know how dangerous thouse can be... but about his scar...I am pretty sure that it is explained in some of the first parts of the anime. Remember the first episode aired some time in 1999 so that can be why. I am only guessing though since 4kids TV had aired the episode of how he got his scar. So them must have done it origionally some time. [spoiler] I still think that the "god" of Sky peia had my favorite devil fruit power of all I mean its LIGHTING! among other things...read and find out young grasshopper.[/spoiler] The thing is though that if I went up against Luffy with it I would get owned pretty bad.

Now I am off to watch episode 262.. good times...goood times..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Kenshin XS]^^^ Hopefully we will get an all out brawl and as big a Zolo fan as I am my moneys on Luffy.

The thing that discouraged me about One Piece was the length. It is 130 episodes and 40 manga. I also cant stand that little reindeer thing. His VA is worse than Luffys. Actual blood would have been a plus to.

No matter how many drawbacks the series has however I still find it addicting and enjoyable. With impressive fight scenes and a great cast of chacters(excluding reindeer thing) I can safely sat this anime/manga is one of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

One pice is a lot more then 130 episodes, it is still going in japan and I think it is up around 260 or something

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='wayofthreversed']One pice is a lot more then 130 episodes, it is still going in japan and I think it is up around 260 or something[/quote]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Now I am off to watch episode 262.. good times...goood times..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yep you got close enough, 262 just came out this week from the people I get my one piece from and was pretty cool.. Yet although I would have more sastifaction if there was a manga chapter this week..

[quote name='Kenshin XS']I also cant stand that little reindeer thing[/quote]

Oh you may say that now, but I must say that once you see him go into his [spoiler]Demonic like monster form and see just how much pain and destruction he can cause in that form..plus he looks pretty sickning as well.[/spoiler] Yet that has only been in the manga..and the anime is yet to come.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I am just finished watching episode 169. I must say that I was originally bored with the [B]Skypeia Arc[/B], but now it's finally getting interesting. I'm not totally current with the new episodes which are...180-something, or 260-something, so I'm not sure exactly about the developments thus far.

The new OP theme is wonderful -- [I]Bon Voyage![/I] I enjoyed watching clips of all the crews past and then seeing them all together in present time *^_^*

Yes, I love [B]1P[/B].

I want to finish up the [B]Skypeia Arc[/B] and move on. And this summer, I want to re-watch the[B] Arlong Arc[/B] and the [B]Drum Island Arc[/B], which are the best...and saddest.

Good stuff.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]OMG! The one piece thread lives once again.

But if you think that the begining of the Skypiea arc is boring then I waitt no see what you think of how the Water 7 arc is going to be. The first half of it is actually nothing but talking, Angst, more talking and yeah boring. Yet the other half owns so hard.

Still I think that the final fight in the Skypiea between [spoiler] God Enaru ..I think thats what his name is and luffy. Still god Enaru has my favorite devil fruit power out of everyone so far.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][Tatsu casts-"Life2!"]
[One Piece Thread gains "120 HP!"]

:animeswea

Yeah, well, I finally have the chance to watch One Piece, and I'm currently on Episode 109. I'm in a "Awwww..<3" mood from the end of the episode. This is actually the first one I watched subbed, so I now see where a lot of the dub-bashing comes from. Sanji's entrance at the beginning with the crocs totally put the dub voice to shame.

It's also strangely refreshing to see Sanji with a cigerette in his mouth, and not thinking in my head, "I know it's a cigerette! Who holds a freakin' lollipop like that!!?!" all the time.

My love for One Piece has been revived... :D [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[COLOR=Red][Tatsu uses his Limit Break! "EDIT!"]

Now I'm on episode 114, and can someone remind me, what does "Nakama" mean?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Omg...its the Wanpiece thread has come alive once again, it felt like there was a part of my life force missing..oh no wait, here it is.

For you though Tatsu, Nakama as I have heard it means lots of stuff. I hear it used in one piece as friend and partner. Yet I have heard it as teamate and something else like that but yeah.

As for me (If anyone cares) Right now I am on episode 271 in the world of one piece as well on chapter 419 in teh manga, yeah I know I am obsessed, but they all get such cool attacks..its almost impossible not to love it when you see it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm glad I was able to bring back some of your soul. I may need it later, though...<.<

I'm watching 118 right now and I have this to say about the fights that happened:

Chopper & Ussop's fight-[spoiler] I've always liked Ussop, and this the part where Ussop wields the "5-Ton Hammer" was priceless. I wanted to count to count how many times Chopper say "Wow..."but ehhh...I also didn't know that he keep his Brain Point (or Chibi) voice when he went into "Heavy" Point. A gun ate a Devil Fruit...[/spoiler]

Sanji's Fight-[spoiler]Yay! Another Kung-Fu fight in One Piece!!! [I]WooT![/I] Anyway, I think Sanji might be my favorite...hmmm. Mr. 2 is great as well. I learned a long time ago in anime, the goofiest looking dude may be the deadliest, and this fight was proof of that. Sanji: "KAWAIIIIII!!!"[/spoiler]

Tony Tony Chopper is cute. :heart:

I'm so far behind...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='wayofthreversed']so i thought I would ask a question for people right now but what do you think is the best fight in one piece?[/quote]
I would have to say the fight at Whiskey Peak between Luffy and Zolo was my favorite, just because of the fact that [spoiler]niether one won. It was Nami.[/spoiler] That was just hilarious.

Note-Wayofthereversed: You should try to use correct capitalization/punctuation. I'm not an Admin, but I don't want you to have them get on your case because of ignorance (No offense, Admins, I don't mean to make you look like jerks, you have a hard job.)
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT]Aceburner, use spoiler tags when revealing aspects of a show, also if you find a thread or member that requires being dealt with by a moderator, and no moderator is currently available, do not take the liberty of dealing with the problem yourself. If you happen to come across this scenario the please use the ?Report bad post? button at the top right hand corner of a post, or you can PM a moderator and alert them of the problem, and when a moderator is available, they will take care of it. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ok i just had a debate for like 2 months...question 1 does anyone think that sanji may have had a devil fruit powers? 2If s what 3 how did he eat it? 4 and finaly do u think the effects of cooking a devil fruit does somthing :animesigh
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]haku877[/B] At OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. So please improve your posts. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Okay, post overhaul.

I like One Piece. It is my favorite anime (my least favorite company is 4Kids.)
My favorite character is Portgas D. Ace. I think he is totally awesome because [spoiler]he has complete control over fire and is Luffy's older brother.[/spoiler] This anime is my favorite because of the wacky artwork, the good story, and, of course, the zany adventures of the Straw Hat Crew.

And the idiot that is me has figured out how to use spoiler tags. Yay.