OtakuBoards

Metrosexual

AutoKill

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AutoKill [/i]
[B]Males are thee aggressors in sexual encounters although. So i guess there is at some level to witch homosexual males may be more of the predators then heterosexual females.

I do understand that in all actuality to label a group of people as something different is silly. But if it helps comfort people with homosexuality then I find it welcoming. I would hope to see less prejudice about these types of things. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]I don't agree with your first point in relation to this issue though.

When a straight guy thinks that any gay guy he meets is going to flirt with him or something, he's making two assumptions:

1) That he is somehow incredibly attractive and/or;

2) That gay men flirt and are more sexually driven than straight men.

The only point I'm making is that sexual predators and homosexuals are not one in the same.

So, I'm just defending a principle with that. I think Mitch's last post really hit the nail on the head -- and it's why this Metrosexuality thing is really inane and trivial.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Chaos[/i]
[b]The entire world just needs to sit back, accept people for who they are, and shut the hell up.[/b][/quote]

That?s the great thing about the Bill of rights. We don?t have to "sit down and shut the hell up.? Hell, if we all did that we would be another form of China... I understand your opinion. In mine cases people "over do it".

Regardless we are basically a free nation. So I agree with you on that we shouldn?t be so stereotypical but at the same time we all should praise individuality to some degree.

[size=1]Hrmm ... I prefer the term "John-sexual" myself, heh. At least that is what my friends describe me as. If I can get gay and straight people alike to seriously question my sexual preference, then that has to be something; not that I care to label it. The common thought process of people towards me is something like this, "He is straight, but he openly flirts with guys and it defeinitely not afraid to kiss one. He is not gay because he is still into women, which would make him bisexual ... but he really does not fit there either ..."

I believe that this was kind of the original idea behind the "Metrosexual" idea that people wanted to get out to the public, however I in know way consider myself "Metrosexual". I do not fulfill many of the stereotypes that it exploits, and I doubt that many of these kinds of people would even go as far as I might with a member of the same sex.

I believe that Tony is correct in saying "Metrosexuality" has nothing to do with sexuality in and of itself. It is pretty much just a branding for guys who would rather follow what is going on in the fashion/trend world than act like a "real man". A guy on the newspaper staff at my school is a lot like that. Many people say that they thought he was gay upon first meeting him, I really did not. I figured he was straight and annoying ... which he is. I am pretty sure from being around him for a while that he is one of those guys who is "fine with gay people as long as they do not try anything".

Personally, this whole deal irritates me to hear people saying it and claiming to be "Metrosexual". I do believe it is nothing but a trend. Much like the straight edge trend that seems to be going around. People saying things like "I am straight edge until I am twenty-one (or whatever the legal age may be to drink alcohol." I highly doubt many of these people could even begin to explain the lifestyle in which they try to label themselves as. However, this is a slightly different topic...[/size]

Guest Crimson Spider
Metrosexuality can be caused by many a combination of:
[list]
[*][b][u]Ratio of testosterone and estrogen in ones body, aswell as amount of both chemicals.[/u][/b]
[*]Items and tools accesable to one, and impacted by everything else here.
[*]Morals emplied and enforced during upbringing by family, or caretakers aswell as siblings.
[*]Genes and determinants of personality, and common sense aswell as abstract thought.
[*]Physical deformalities that may occure during the formation of ones brain. Been proven by many, and I observed a case of this once.
[*]Branches of ones family tree.
[*]Friends and their aspects of everthing here.
[*]Families friends and their aspects of everything here.
[*]The other information that they may find/ask for, which is influenced by everything else here.
[*]The encouragement/opposition of views and that they recieve on this type of life style.
[*][b][u]How they interpret and apply this information based on everything here.[/u][/b][/list]

Did I miss anything? I could've sworn there was more. Maybe putting "Everything else here' shortened a few out, aswell as shortining up this by stuff like "Branches of ones family tree" and not the aspects that I could list that apply to those, such as location.

[color=red]EDIT: This is NOT a thread about homosexuality as a choice.... This is a metrosexual thread which has nothing to do with your argument. Read my post below. If you want everything you said, I have saved it all and will gladly send it back to you through a PM if you so desire. But I'm not going to allow a whole spew on a subject that is completely irrelevant to this thread. [/color]

Metrosexuality.... are those people who have sex on the subway?... lol anyway

As I said before I firmly believe that Metrosexuality is a fake sexuality... it's a fad as Tony stated, and it's quite frankly a complete media thing brought in to bring more attention to gay people, in whatever way they precieve it.

I can't figure out Metrosexuality myself... I have a "metreosexual" friend who i find extremely odd. He wears nail polish, always dresses weird, is uber sensitive, and all sorts of other gay stereotypical things, and yet gets freaked out when I mention anything about oral or anal or anything gay related (in sex terms that is) to him. I's very odd to me... I still can't figure out just what the hell is going on inside of him. But yeah, acting gay? ... lets be gay, just not with all that nasty gay stuff. I think it's a bunch of BS quite frankly.... but then again... there are gay people who act straight (ie: me)... that actually hasn't been brought up as far as I see... thats an interesting concept.... I'll call it Aerosexual! Gay men who act straight..... See how much of a joke it is....

Oh... and straight people don't understand gay people.... as much tolerence you have for us... you'll never understand us and you'll always be weirded out or whatever.... just like you'll never understand women....

And DON'T turn this into some stupid debate over being homosexual as a choice or not, I will delete all posts pretaining to it.... I've heard the same crap over and over again, and if you're NOT gay, you have no say in the matter, this goes for both sides of the argument. So I don't want to hear what you have to say about me, cause you're not God... you never will be... look at the way you live your own life, not anyone elses.

Guest Crimson Spider
Hm... seems that what I percieved as a Metrosexual is viewed differently than others. I just thought that was a feminine guy. Someone who's thoughtful, and actually can convey their emotions. Or a tomboy.

Strange, but what TN posted after me actually mildly supports what I said.

[quote]no one WANTS to be gay.... Why would you want to be looked down upon, ridiculed, limited in your life expectations or opportunities, sometimes brought to death because of who you say "I love you" too.[/quote]
That is true. But think about this: No-one WANTS to admit that they are bad, or are the worst at anything. No one WANTS to admit that they are ugly. But the thing is, these are only mesurable means on minimal data and what we can assume. Listy Listy. So someone says their the worst ever at basketball. Do they want to? Nope. But they do, because they [b][u]Believe, or Assume it's true.[/b][/u] And if what I say right in this post isn't true, then what TN said isn't true.

But there are some self-torturing people out there.

[quote]Gay men who act straight..... See how much of a joke it is....
[/quote]

Our perception of the ever-changing universe or what we determin as fact is based on what we percieve on minimal random data. So a gay man like TN acts strait. So what? Define how a strait person should act? You CANNOT. You only know 2 things: What you see, and what you are told. Everything else gives you the illusion of knowing. Who says that would be funny? Everyone who told you so!

But me myself think it's alright to share ones feelings and thoughts. But society is a different story. Notice how men are only allowed to convey one emotion towards others? Anger. Can be grouped with hatred, and other acts people who are more intelligent atleast at that specific point define as stupid acts.

[quote]Oh... and straight people don't understand gay people.... as much tolerence you have for us... you'll never understand us and you'll always be weirded out or whatever.... just like you'll never understand women....[/quote]
But I beg to differ! Staying away from gays now, Feminine, thoughtful guys, gay or not, could probably understand women quite well. I understand women quite well. I know what they want, how they think, what they like, and most of what they don't like, taking into consideration that every woman is different. And yet in groups, I still preform these stupid acts of testosterone drivin behaviors because of group polarization, aswell as what is expected of me.

Group polarization: Then tendancy to act as one in a group and accept and support ideas and expectations that one liberal announces, regardless of it's rationality and the thought put into it aswell as the overall intelligence of the general group. Fine example: Bay of pigs.

Paradime: The refusal of ones being to devaite from the norm of rules and expectations set up in their mind. Relate to list above. Fine examples: Digital watches, Xerox.

But there are a few things in that last paragraph that TN posted that I can easily debate over, but since he doesn't want us to. Meh.

EDIT: Since this post is 99% psychology, it shouldn't be breaking the new set up rule.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson Spider [/i]
[B]Hm... seems that what I percieved as a Metrosexual is viewed differently than others. I just thought that was a feminine guy. Someone who's thoughtful, and actually can convey their emotions. Or a tomboy.[/b][/quote]

No, it's not quite as simplified as that

[quote][b]Strange, but what TN posted after me actually mildly supports what I said.

That is true. But think about this: No-one WANTS to admit that they are bad, or are the worst at anything. No one WANTS to admit that they are ugly. But the thing is, these are only mesurable means on minimal data and what we can assume. Listy Listy. So someone says their the worst ever at basketball. Do they want to? Nope. But they do, because they [b][u]Believe, or Assume it's true.[/u][/b][/quote]

I actually edited that out before you posted this, but you still quoted it anyway, so it's your choice to talk about it. I also pointed out after that that "you are who you are, and you should be proud of that." It doesn't support being gay as a choice at all, it supports the exact opposite. Being ugly is something you're born as. Being bad at something (such as basketball) is a disposition you're born with, that with practice and work, you can change. What you quoted was actally pretaining to metrosexuality in some way, however, you took it out of context, like you did the other quote below it as well. "See how much of a joke it is" was pretaining to me making Aerosexuality a word. You took the whole thing completely out of context, but whatever. Anyway, I don't assume or believe I'm f**king a guy, I actually am, therefor I really am. There's no believing anything about being gay... nope... I'm actually gay. I enjoy the company of men, not women. I enjoy making love to men, not women. I enjoy kissing and making out with men, not women And before you even say "but you haven't been with a woman"... on the contrary, I have.... as with 90% of gay men. It's part of the discorvery process in many cases... This isn't a religion, there are no beliefs or assumtions involved.

[quote][b]But I beg to differ! Staying away from gays now, Feminine, thoughtful guys, gay or not, could probably understand women quite well. I understand women quite well. I know what they want, how they think, what they like, and most of what they don't like, taking into consideration that every woman is different. [/quote][/b]

Beg all you want. Men don't know anything about women but what they see. Yu don't know how women feel, what they think, or anything that you physically cannot be a part of. Tell me, oh man of womanly knowledge, what does a woman feel like when her period starts...What does a woman feel like or what is she thinking when she is passing a baby through her vagina.... What does she feel like when she has to raise a child and become a mother? You know NOTHING about a woman, because quite simply you're a man. You never will know anything about women.... Because you aren't.... just like you will NEVER know what it's like to love another guy... cause you're not gay... you have absolutely no idea what I feel... only what you read. You only know the outside of women, you can never know the true inside of any woman. Just as a woman can never know the true inside of a man, a gay man cannot truely understand a straight man and a straight man cannot truely understand a gay man. A white man cannot truely understand a black man, a black man cannot truely understand a white man. You cannot truely understand anyone but yourself.

This is why Metrosexuality is a joke... straight men attempting to understand gay men.... it doesn't work.

Guest cloricus
Whites can understand blacks as what I assume you are talking about has happened to both, and people can also change the colour of their skin with ease to see for themselves and it has been done. Gays and straights can know how each other feel and think, stop trying to be separatist as both can have the same feelings and "enjoyments" as both groups are male. I do agree that on specific points like you pointed out with women (and can be applied to nearly everything else in the world) that some things can never be known, though making such a broad generalisation like you have is just childish.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]Is this just a new buzz word for SNAG? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]SNAG - Sensitive, New Age Guy - think Chris Skennerton. Some chicks think it's just a way of pulling. I find it a little annoying if it's over-advertised by the guy... but in no way does a SNAG get confused with homosexual unless it's by a testosterone seeped male. And there are plenty around, and they happen to make up a majority. A powerful one. Take Flynn for example... he's no where near homosexual, but that isn't the general consensus. Why? Because the majority of the school community is made up of people like Ross C******* - rugby players, people with "status".

Metrosexual? If it means people like Jack, Flynn, Micheal, Mark, even Tim, then I'm all for it. As for the question of it's effect on homosexuals, my experience is that if there are people who hate gays and lesbians, then they'll probably go after those who don't fit the bill. AKA, Ross C******* style.

Just the fact that guys accept that men [i]have[/i] a feminine side is great, because women seem to have no problem with delving into their male sides (working out, wearing male clothes etc). Perhaps this is because the male gender is still accepted as superior. Men and women aren't really meant to be all that different - look at every other species on the planet. Apart from mating colours, it's hard to tell. Take it from me, we dissected a rat today in biology... [/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Beg all you want. Men don't know anything about women but what they see. Yu don't know how women feel, what they think, or anything that you physically cannot be a part of. Tell me, oh man of womanly knowledge, what does a woman feel like when her period starts...What does a woman feel like or what is she thinking when she is passing a baby through her vagina.... What does she feel like when she has to raise a child and become a mother? You know NOTHING about a woman, because quite simply you're a man. You never will know anything about women.... Because you aren't.... just like you will NEVER know what it's like to love another guy... cause you're not gay... you have absolutely no idea what I feel... only what you read. You only know the outside of women, you can never know the true inside of any woman. Just as a woman can never know the true inside of a man, a gay man cannot truely understand a straight man and a straight man cannot truely understand a gay man. A white man cannot truely understand a black man, a black man cannot truely understand a white man. You cannot truely understand anyone but yourself.

This is why Metrosexuality is a joke... straight men attempting to understand gay men.... it doesn't work. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=#503F86]I'm not sure I quite agree with that. I know we'll certainly never be able to [i]wholly[/i] understand someone else (of whatever race or gender), but we can identify. Although I guess that would mostly come out of interaction with whoever it was you didn't understand anyway... but I don't think it's as clear cut as 'we're different, we'll never be able to understand'. There will always be differences, but gaps can be bridged if people are willing to do so.

The general concensus round here is that gey men are better for women to be friends with than straight men (as opposed to those to have a relationship with), because they aren't as interested in having sex with them and are more likely to share a woman's frame and state of mind, simply because the stereotype dictates that they are more feminine (although they may well not be). But a 'Metrosexual' [I'm beginning to dislike this word already] as it were could be exactly the same- it's because of the assumptions that people make about their personality that make the stereotypes harder to get past. Just because guy's single and trying to talk to a woman that he's sexually interested in her or can't understand her viewpoint.

I think this kind of thing is almost impossible to generalise now. Men and women, although fundamentally and biologically different can have exactly the same personality types as each other. But since when did anyone take notice of a female rugby player, hmm?

Besides, metrosexuality in itself is a badly defined term. being straight and somewhat liberal (as it might be) doesn't make you any different from any other straight male, it just makes you more open-minded.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]Whites can understand blacks as what I assume you are talking about has happened to both, and people can also change the colour of their skin with ease to see for themselves and it has been done. Gays and straights can know how each other feel and think, stop trying to be separatist as both can have the same feelings and "enjoyments" as both groups are male. I do agree that on specific points like you pointed out with women (and can be applied to nearly everything else in the world) that some things can never be known, though making such a broad generalisation like you have is just childish. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, tell me what I'm feeling right now or on a daily basis. As a gay man, how am I feeling right now? And also, tell me how my black co-workers are feeling on a daily basis. Tell me what it's like to be oppressed for who you are. Tell me what it's like not to have the same rights as you because of who I am. Tell me what it's like to watch people sit here and tell you how you live your life when they have NO idea who you even are. You seem to know what everyone is feeling, so tell me.

[quote][b][color=#503F86]I'm not sure I quite agree with that. I know we'll certainly never be able to wholly understand someone else (of whatever race or gender), but we can identify. Although I guess that would mostly come out of interaction with whoever it was you didn't understand anyway... but I don't think it's as clear cut as 'we're different, we'll never be able to understand'. There will always be differences, but gaps can be bridged if people are willing to do so.[/color][/b][/quote]

I never said men couldn't understand a woman's viewpoint or what they do, though 9.999 out of 10 times they don't, I said men can not KNOW what a woman is feeling. CS specifically stated he "knows what they want, how they think, what they like" and I'm saying that as a man, that is false and impossible. Put it this way, a man can understand what a girl feels like when she has her first period (after she tells him), but he doesn't KNOW what it's like to have a first period, or what was going on inside her mind at the time. A man can understand PMS, but he does not know why a woman has mood changes, when she will have them, or what they will be when she does have them. Only the person experiencing this can know. Men can never fully understand or know what a woman is thinking or feeling.

Anyway, I don't like the term Metrosexual. It's fake, it's worthless, it's nothing but a media hype. And I certainly don't think it will do any good for the gay community. If you're a straight man who is supportive of gay rights, join a gay-straight alliance, join PFLAG, vote in support of gay marriage and adoption, do stuff like that. Extreme Metrosexuals are just bringing out the sterotypical gay community and thats not right... Thats like the equivalent of whites trying to be black by eating Chicken and Watermellon, drinking Fruit punch and Lemonaid, and driving Escalades or Navigators with 25 inch rims all the time. They are just bringing out sterotypical qualities thats not helping anyone.

*scratches back of neck* How did we manage to go from metrosexuality to homosexual being a choice/not an option to racial issues back to metrosexuality? Hell if I know.

All I know is that the word "stereotype" is the most common adjective in the entire thread. *shrugs* Which should tell you something about metrosexuality.

my friends naturally me...whatever it was^^, but hes not following a fad. thats just who he is. we used to call him bisexual ben, until it got out of hand. i think the homosex community had a negative affect on him...uh, that was a weak joke, don't flame me.
anyway, there it goes. if your the leats bit feminine, then your gay. i hate sexist stereotypes. and yeah, that wasn't on subject.
like most just said, its eh.

i knew i a gay guy that liked to call his boyfriend his partner...he felt freaked by calling the guy he likes his boyfriend; he said he felt gay saying that....
lol, so in turn, i think gay is a feeling, a state of mind; love is love, no matter who you bestow it on

I find it interesting when our society has to classify a person that wants to look good with a sexuality. Dont mistake me for this new classification, I dont generally care what most others think about me.

To me, our society needs to get off the high horse with the classifications everywhere.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Transtic_Nerve[/i]
[b]Ok, tell me what I'm feeling right now or on a daily basis. As a gay man, how am I feeling right now? And also, tell me how my black co-workers are feeling on a daily basis. Tell me what it's like to be oppressed for who you are. Tell me what it's like not to have the same rights as you because of who I am. Tell me what it's like to watch people sit here and tell you how you live your life when they have NO idea who you even are. You seem to know what everyone is feeling, so tell me. [/b][/quote]

[color=royal blue]I would like to know as well. I've only recently been open about my homosexuality, and things have been different since then. I thought I knew about oppression when I was in the closet, but now I really do know. Living in a small town, homosexuality isn't really accepted, and I don't feel like I have the same rights as the straight people anymore. I'm afraid to go into the boys' bathroom now.

It's impossible to know what everyone's feeling. You can try to understand and sympathize, but you can never truly know. One of the things that I cannot stand is when people tell me how I'm feeling, and that happens to me very frequently. I have people tell me constantly that they know how I feel, but they don't. Unless they're gay themselves, they won't know.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4[/i]
[b]I find it interesting when our society has to classify a person that wants to look good with a sexuality. Dont mistake me for this new classification, I dont generally care what most others think about me.

To me, our society needs to get off the high horse with the classifications everywhere.[/b][/quote]

[color=royal blue]I agree. Though I think metrosexuals could help the gay community, I don't understand the "sexual" part of it. Just because a straight man is feminine, why should the "sexual" be a part of the term?

I would like to say I don't use classifications, but I can't. Being gay in itself is a classification, as are many other things. I don't think it's really possible to avoid classifications, but it is possible to limit them.[/color]

Guest Midogel
I agree that metrosexuality has nothing to do with sexuality at all. Nor do gay people care only about the sexual aspects of their life.
So these two groups of people are not classified by society by their whole lifestyle, but one aspect, their sexuality, except for the "metrosexual", he is labeled as acting as a tv/media/society stereotypical homosexual.
The metrosexual is another aspect of anicient human nature that modern media/society decided to concentrate hate against. Instead really learning to understand human nature and sexuality, people would rather beleive sterotypes to learn about other cultures or ways of life.
It really depends on each person on how they allow themselves to learn from the world. Some people face the world with an open mind, while others would rather stay in their own comfortable shell. Some don't care either way of what other people think, some live by what others think.
Frankly, I think the whole affair is petty, and won't get myself worked up over it. What I do get worked up over is how people think of their way as the only way, much too common in this world for my comfort.

Guest Crimson Spider
You tell us not to make this a discussion about gays and you go on and do the exact same thing. When I said: Supported what I said. I was talking about the list, and some of the psychological things in my post of which you had cut out. Taken out of Context, eh?

Beg all you want. Men don't know anything about women but what they see. Yu don't know how women feel, what they think, or anything that you physically cannot be a part of.

[/quote]You see, we only know 2 things: What we see, or observe, which can be chained with experiencing, and what we are told. The 3 things that give us the illusion of knowing are what we assume, what we believe, and where and how we apply it. But it sounds like your challanging me.

[quote]Tell me, oh man of womanly knowledge,[/quote]
Yep. That's a confirmed challange.
[quote] what does a woman feel like when her period starts[/quote]

I actually know this one, even though it is different for each woman. She feels overwhelmed. Everything seems to bombard her at once. This is because not only is their self-esteem slightly hurt by their slight gain in weight, but the Ceratonin levels in their brain drop, making every little thing get under their skin, and causing them to become more depressed, or easily depressed. The increase of testostorone ratio in the body causes the want to argue, debate, and compete aswell as more aggression. Then comes some more symptoms, such as the pain comperable to a man getting kicked square in the nuts by some, or lightly tapped by others. It's different for each woman. And the effects on the body normalize after about a week. Here's the question: How do I know this? Answer: My mother has P.M.D.D, which is a male-passed condition in which ones period is about 10 times worse than for your average girl. AND my sister knows more about the human biology and psyche than I do. And she also loves to talk asmuch as I do, and is actually glad that [b]I understand these things[/b]. They both say it. Keyword here: Told. There were some comparisons. Such as whenever I get really angry, I suddenly get extreamly depressed for no reason. Same thing. Also getting hit right on ping and pong with a soccer ball, and lightly tapped by ones basketball can give quite an example about HOW the pain hurts.

Now, the magic thing is: You cannot say anything because you yourself do not know. Probably because of since the chosen gender you have prevents touch-observations, and woman and men DO think differently.

[quote]
...What does a woman feel like or what is she thinking when she is passing a baby through her vagina....
[/quote]Like someone is driving a jackhammer into your ping and pong, then streching it so much that the bones in your pelvis actually bend because a watermelon is being shoved through a lime sized hole. Different for each woman, but pretty much what everyone goes through when in excrutiating pain: Anger, worry, sadness. Just imagine your worst toothache, which is second in pain next to giving birth, and make that worse. Or your worst ear-ache, which is third, and make it much more worse, and more widespread. Giving it not only the sharp pain of it, but actually adding a powerful burn, such as when you grab your arm and then twist the skin opposite ways which is known as an indian-burn, and make that worse and put that on the lower half of her body.
[quote]
What does she feel like when she has to raise a child and become a mother?
[/quote]This is by far the most difficult part yet, simply because the difference in woman is so great here, and that I have not really been told. Some woman actually feel glad that it is over, and are somewhat fulfilled. This is usually the happily married mother. Others feel more saddened and depressed by it. More tied down. But even with the knowledge I have, I only have 1 view on it. But if I become a father myself, I'm definatly going to pitch-in on the raising of the child simply because I know how stressful it can be.
[quote]
You know NOTHING about a woman, because quite simply you're a man. You never will know anything about women.... Because you aren't.... just like you will NEVER know what it's like to love another guy... cause you're not gay... you have absolutely no idea what I feel... only what you read. You only know the outside of women, you can never know the true inside of any woman. Just as a woman can never know the true inside of a man, a gay man cannot truely understand a straight man and a straight man cannot truely understand a gay man. A white man cannot truely understand a black man, a black man cannot truely understand a white man. You cannot truely understand anyone but yourself.
[/quote]What's it's like is pretty much when a guy likes a girl. Only it's a guy. I can throw a few things into there, but then again, I haven't been told too much on that issue. Well, actually, I have. Just don't remember. But some guesses I could put here are that you feel somewhat nervous about some of the many possible things that can ever go bad in it, as all men do when they like a girl. Except add fear of rediculation there, which ties a few other small things that I cannot remember at the moment. When I say rediculation, I mean the fear of being rediculed.
[quote]
This is why Metrosexuality is a joke... straight men attempting to understand gay men.... it doesn't work. [/B][/QUOTE]

Gay men attempting to understand strait men won't work in your logic, but that's also not true. You see, a strait man liking a girl has pretty much all the same fears, except the rediculation. Add fear of rejection more, and you got yourselves a more-accurate description.

But then again, I'm not exactly a smooth-talker. I'm sure there are many overly confident men who just plain don't have the fear of rejection.

Here's the obvious question: What a girl thinks about this. I know you want to ask. Go ahead.

But don't quote me yet. I'm not quite done with the challanges.

Ok, tell me what I'm feeling right now or on a daily basis. As a gay man, how am I feeling right now?
[/quote]That would be difficult because you like to talk about how you are always so different from other gay men. But right now, you might feel a little frustrated. Not too much. But a little. OR you could feel proud and haughty about it. OR you could feel somewhat laxidazy on the "here we go again". But I would go with the slight frustration because that one seems more probable. But since I do not know you in real life, I cannot say. On a daily basis you would feel rediculed by it. How extream is unknown. But the outcast feeling that is common with gays wouldn't apply to you hear. So it's basically predicting what would happen if 2 elements bonded and I didn't know quite how.
[quote]
And also, tell me how my black co-workers are feeling on a daily basis.
[/quote]Depends. I don't KNOW your black co-workers, nor the enviroment of which they work, but there is plenty of variation among blacks. One is not feeling oppressed at all. Doing what they want to, and not even addressing the issue. Looking at all those who do as dumb because there is, after all, only a 0.001% difference in our genetic makeup at most. But apparantly society doesn't aggree with that standpoint, so it goes as my least likely. Second is when they are feeling greatly oppressed. They would tend to lash out at the smallest things and blame others biggotry for it. That is the extreams that propganda has set up, and is again unreliable. Third is the "So what if I'm black?" attitude. Where whenever there is an achievement, they call it on their race. Usually atheltic feet. Not really lashing out, but some racism is there. Then again, there's racism in every one of us, and it is impossible to deny it. But they go with the propoganda of other races, but don't address the issue too much. This middle class is the most varied, AND the most common. There are some more extreamists, such as Chris Rock who borderline the extream racial, or others who borderline the Not caring area. Celebrity unknown. But here is where much of the black behavoirs that have been labled reside, such as pimpin' it with your G-dogs in your new ride.
[quote] Tell me what it's like to be oppressed for who you are.
[/quote]Every race has some oppression to it. Blacks are known for being extreamly racial and have a hatred towards white guys according to propoganda, who exagerate the issue greatly. Mexicans are known to be horney idiots, even though a good some I know are, but quite a few, aren't like that. Their normal just like anyone else, and are infact smarter than me. The Indians are known for the common based Idea growing up of Cowboys and Indians which were believed while watching "Old West" movies while we were a kid, such as doing rain dances and living in Teepees, even though that isn't the least bit true. And finally the one everyone knows is the white guy. Why were called Cocasion is beyond me, and we are actually mixes of races. But we... Can't jump. Can't play sports. Can't dance. Can't rap. Can't be cool in anyway, and is recognized as a dorky upper-class school nerd who is destined to make 6 figures a year regardless of what we really are. We are always under attack because were the main oppressors in the past. Keyword: WERE. So people make judgments based on these whether they like it or not. Cannot be helped.
[quote] Can't Tell me what it's like not to have the same rights as you because of who I am.
[/quote]Think about when you were a kid and your brother got himself a shiny new Nintendo and refused to let you play it. "Mommy! I want to play videogames!" "Well, *so and so*, it's your brothers, so you'll have to ask him." "*kids brother's name*, can I please please please play your nintendo?" "No. It's mine! Get your own!" "Mommy! I want to have my own nintendo!" "Well, *so and so*, you'll just have to go and play your brothers"... Just put more understanding on how the world works so it seems even more unfair.
[quote]. Tell me what it's like to watch people sit here and tell you how you live your life when they have NO idea who you even are. You seem to know what everyone is feeling, so tell me.
[/quote]It gives you the "Ignore them. Their stuipid" feeling. What's worse is when you are forced to do this, similar to like how I was today. Long story, PM me for it. Paradime: The refusal to deviate from the norm established in ones mind. Superior authority causes one to force these ideals upon underlings.
[quote]
I never said men couldn't understand a woman's viewpoint or what they do, though 9.999 out of 10 times they don't, I said men can not KNOW what a woman is feeling.
[/quote]Actually, understanding is harder than knowing. Now go on and quote me.
[quote] CS specifically stated he "knows what they want, how they think, what they like" and I'm saying that as a man, that is false and impossible.
[/quote]Good boy. Now, your Paradime is refusing you to let you understand that I actually DO know. This is called[b] projection: One's ideals is projected onto anothers so they don't feel so bad about it,[/b] even though it is the general public who states this, and the general public is wrong often times. Remember this: Most liberals are idiots. But let's take this into consideration, from what I just said above, I know plenty. Understanding is harder. I know the pain and symptoms that a woman gets during PMs because simply I have gone through these. That, and I'm told and givin a rough example. You see, YOU as a man think it's impossible and false to know how woman think. Do I think that? No. Do many others think that? No. Understanding is a whole lot more difficult than knowing. It's like 2 + 2 = 4. Sure, as a little kid you know because you are told. But it takes a little while to understand WHY 2 + 2 = 4. Use fingers.
[quote]Put it this way, a man can understand what a girl feels like when she has her first period (after she tells him), but he doesn't KNOW what it's like to have a first period, or what was going on inside her mind at the time.
[/quote]That is, unless she tells himl :D. Ofcourse he knows. A man can know that she gets really depressed before, and sometimes during. But can he understand what the depression is like? Not too well, unless ofcourse he has experienced it himself.
[quote] A man can understand PMS, but he does not know why a woman has mood changes, when she will have them, or what they will be when she does have them. Only the person experiencing this can know. Men can never fully understand or know what a woman is thinking or feeling.
[/quote] I do. Kinda explained it. Even though my sister is more inteligent on the human body, my mother talks just asmuch. Thing is she is more complainy. But hey! That's what all woman have happen to them! A few days before, and into ones period. Different for each woman, remember? I can tell exactly 10 days before my mother starts because she has headaches. I can tell when my sister is about to start because she will be a whole lot more judgemental on minor things, and I will suddenly get this irresistable urge to annoy her. More on that later. A man who wasn't hardened by the anger he is supposed to show in public will understand what they are more. I know what it's like to be completely overwhelmed, extreamly depressed, realy competitive, or just plain whiny. The person experiencing it can understand the best, but you can come pretty darn close. Not 100%, but 95% seems more accurate.

Then again, not even women can 100% understand what other women are thinking or feeling. 100% understandment of another is more myth than actuality, similar to absolute zero. Come close, but not it.

Life as we perceive it is all realitive. Take my Ava's hair. It's red. But is the same color that I'm seeing the same one your seeing? You don't know. You just were givin that a lable for that color. LABLE. If 2 men get shot in the same place on their leg at the same time, their not gonna know exactly how it feels. How do you know that one man is feeling more or less pain than the other, or just isn't showing it?

It's quite easy to know. If you say: She's depressed during her monthly. Then you KNOW that she is depressed at that time. Understanding is the tough part.

(waits for TN to say CS doesn't know what he's talking about.)

EDIT: More on projection. Lets take a smoker. Their gonna say: Everybody smokes. Many have, and still do. Just ask anyone in collage. But is it true? Nope. They're projecting. They project that everyone inhales over 100 poisons, and then it doens't seem so bad.

Remember this: NOT EVERYTHING IS PROJECTED! Take your views on understanding. You yourself cannot understand. So you project the propoganda that men cannot understand women onto others, and refuse to let yourself be told otherwise. Projection and Paradimes go hand and hand. But then again, there are many feminine sensitive guys who know exactly what their talking about 98% of the time.

Go ahead and quote me know.

I love how this turned from a thread about Metrosexuality into a thread about how much Crimson Spider knows about the functions of women, and all of that.

I can see that a few guys slightly understand what women think and feel, but most of us dont. That is the eternal fight between the sexes. I dont think that we are really meant to understand to much about the opposite sex. Some things should just be left alone.

[size=1] Just because you've posted some anatomy crap you've learned, and some [i]assumption[/i] as to how women feel when they undergo various things, you're still only using things as fickle as words. You're still using things as fickle as unknowning. You've still never ever felt what it's like to be gay, you have never been [i]actually[/i] in their skin and crawled around.

Women do think differently than men. It's being quite atrocious to say, "I know everything about women. Even how they feel when they are having their period."

You don't. You have never EXPERIENCED it. You have never FELT it. You have never even seen a woman and what it looks like as they go through their menstration cycle. To say you know things is to be petty and dramatic and all-in-all not seeing the point.

TN's point is you don't know any more than any other guy about women. What you learn in textbooks and from words doesn't begin to show you what it's like at all.

Posting quote by quote what he says and being stubborn to see this is what TN thinks is to act prissy and like you know everything. It is to be condenscending and rude.

Can't you at least see what TN is saying? Can't you look at something from more than just one stupid, I-think-this angle?

I guess not.

If you want to sound intelligent at least quote his quotes correctly and spell correctly. Just posting a verbose amount of the same thing you already said before to TN isn't going to force your opinion on anyone. It is going to make them sick and tired of your stubbornness and ununderstanding.

Not to mention this thread isn't even about what you're arguing about. [/size]

[color=green]Hey look, a topic... uhm, I think Metrosexuality is fad. I hope so anyway. I really don't like things that perpetuate sterotypes. I also think it is a ridiculous name, the behavior of these men has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. There are always going to be "macho men" and "sensitive men" in either orientaion, really. Frankly I'm glad, it gives a variety to choose from.

I don't understand why some hetero men still find homosexual men so threatening, and I never will. I have come to terms with that.

Crimson, your description of a woman's period was very detailed, hooray for bio class. You will never be able to tell me how I feel and my emotional state during my period becasue I hardly know myself. Self awareness should be your goal, sir, not determining how others feel.[/color]

CS has yet again turned a decent thread into a spew about how he precieves his awesomeness in every aspect of life and his own pathetic thinking.

Mitch said it best: "It is going to make them sick and tired of your stubbornness and ununderstanding."

I already am.

You know, when you're the only one arguing about something as insane as you think you know what women feel, and everyone else either ignore you or disagrees with you, even women (which is a dead give away you know nothing on the subject right there) there's something wrong with your lack of logic.

You said you hated when people acted like they were one step up on you, well guess what, we ARE one step up on you. There's no acting involved.